Religious intolerance

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Religious intolerance

by gegyx » 27/05/08, 17:47

Religious intolerance

Worrying about the latest Islamic laws of " People's Democratic Republic of Algeria "...

: Evil:

The Tiaret court demanded two years in prison for six people accused of illegal exercise of a non-Muslim worship. An educator converted to Catholicism is also awaiting her verdict

The prosecutor of the correctional court of Tiaret, in the southwest of Algeria, demanded Tuesday, May 27, two years in prison against six young Algerian converts accused of illegal exercise of a non-Muslim worship.
The prosecutor also requested a fine of 500.000 dinars (about 5.000 euros) against each of the defendants, who appeared in a new trial of Christian converts.
The six young people had been arrested by the Algerian police at the exit of a house where, according to the accusation, they had just held a mass without authorization.

Verdict postponed for Habiba Kouider

In addition, it was learned that the court of Tiaret decided Tuesday to postpone its verdict in the trial of an Algerian woman converted to Christianity and to order additional information.
Habiba Kouider, 37, was appearing for "preaching a non-Muslim cult without authorization".
The prosecutor of Tiaret had requested on May 20 three years in prison against this educator, arrested in a public transport bus in possession of ten bibles, according to the president of the Protestant Church of Algeria Mustapha Krim, or 25 copies, according to the Ministry of Religious Affairs.
The exercise of a worship in Algeria - Moslem or non-Moslem - is subjected to a double official authorization, the first designating the preacher and the second fixing the place of the worship.

"Sad" and "shocking" for Rama Yade

Sunday, the Secretary of State for Human Rights, Rama Yade, defended Habiba Kouider. "It's sad, it's shocking, first of all because it contravenes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights", which proclaims in its article 18 the freedom of thought, conscience and religion, she had told Radio J.
"In accordance with article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in accordance with Algeria's tradition of hospitality, I believe that it would be good to have a gesture of clemency", she said. added.

Previous case of a French Catholic priest

"Christianity does not threaten Islam in Algeria," said Rama Yade. "Christians in Algeria are 1% of the population, ie about 11.500 people, 32 churches compared to 32.000 mosques, so I don't think there is a religious threat."
The Secretary of State for Human Rights noted that it was "not the first case of this type", referring to that of a French Catholic priest, Pierre Wallez, sentenced in April to two months in prison suspended sentence for proselytism, by the Tlemcen Court of Appeal (western Algeria).
"But I have confidence in the tolerance of the Algerian people," said Rama Yade.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... ertis.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 17:52

What does this have to do with econology? : Shock:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/05/08, 18:14

As much report as the "jo de pekin", "the salary of civil servants", or the last panties of the zouave ...

---

I find this shocking on the part of misguided political laws, when the Koran is peaceful.

That Algeria aspires to a "western" evolution.

That in France, freedom of worship exists, even if it is not always "encouraged".
---
(Otherwise, you can delete the subject, no problem.)
:D
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/05/08, 18:46

In econology, there is ecology, if I remember correctly ...

And tolerance is part of what we can call "social ecology" ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/05/08, 21:46

@gegyx:
You say that the Koran is peaceful, I think it would be fairer to note that the practice of Islam induces in many faithful a peaceful behavior.
By what detours, I do not know? Because if you consult the Koran it is not what is obvious! Perhaps there is an interpretation, a particular exegesis to be implemented to extract the spiritual quintessence from it? It is likely, but then you have to solicit the text to arrive at such a diametrically opposite conclusion!
Maybe it's because I only read the beginning of this sacred book? I admit that I "threw in the towel" quite quickly; I don't want to upset anyone, but, hey, it's still pretty off-putting.
However, I encourage you to leaf through it.
Could someone brave enough to have covered it entirely enlighten us on this point?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/05/08, 23:58

The Koran, I have not read it, but it is in the window.
(Neither does the Bible)
I thought rather, as you underline, practice of Islam. Since even Mr. Boubakeur, the rector of the Paris mosque, says so.
Among Muslims, there is a lot of fatalism.
I also know that there are radical ways in the Koran (amputation, stoning, etc.).
That the Prophet wanted the extension of religion to the world.

At 13, I visited the Alhambra palace. And I was amused by the customs of the first builders and occupants.
They had a good head start on culture, and hygiene of Westerners.
But the leaders followed one another quickly, and always after the assassination of the previous one, around a corridor of the palace.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/05/08, 22:14

To come back to the original subject, the big problem is that in these countries religion is not separated from other institutions. There is an entanglement between religion and the law. This is what causes all the drifts.
In France, the separation of church and state, at the beginning of the XNUMXth century, clearly established the distinction. It is the secularity of the state which guarantees freedom of worship and opinion on the religious subject; therefore, belief belongs only to the private sphere.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/05/08, 00:12

Uh ... when we see certain speeches of our Tsar (cozy) Nicolas 1st, there are times when doubt is allowed ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/05/08, 00:44

The famous speech of the "Lateran Canon" ... during his visit to the Pope.
(Accompanied by Biguard ..)
http://www.voltairenet.org/article153862.html

----

Another bizarre story released this morning.
Here, justice is derailed:

"A French court annulled a marriage because the wife had lied about her virginity. A first judicial. "
http://www.leparisien.fr/home/info/vivr ... _298532505
--
Rachida Dati, Minister of Justice, Minister of Justice, did not ask the prosecution to appeal?
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 30/05/08, 03:58

Hello

Everyone practices his religion in his house as he wants, it is when they impose it on others that the problems begin.
Religion should not be placed above the law.
When a religious (extremist whose religion I will not name) tells us to remove our Christmas trees from in front of the house, that it is a religious sign, that begins to be a little strong.
Especially since the Christmas tree has a pale origin and the Catholic religion has forbidden it for a long time.
The first Christmas tree, appeared in North America in Sorel, a few centuries ago, a custom brought by a German, this custom is throughout America.
We are a large supplier of fir.

Andre
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"