The budget of the French and comparative army EU / USA

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

The budget of the French and comparative army EU / USA

by Christophe » 23/02/08, 12:32

Here is a synthetic pdf on the budget of the Ministry of Highland ... oops Defense pardon (copyleft delnoram) French.

It gives an interesting idea of ​​how we used our various taxes. The Europe / USA comparison is also interesting.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ZQcbsZ.pdf
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/02/08, 13:16

Unless I'm mistaken, an important analysis is missing:
the budget in% age of GDP / inhabitant
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
olivierdauch
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdauch » 11/06/08, 23:15

The percentage of GDP spent on defense speaks volumes.
The US spends 2 times more than us, so much the better, let them win this asshole contest ...
I find that we are spending far too much money and energy on it.
Conscientious objector faith !!
0 x
Passionate about alternative habitats in general and yurts in particular, the eco-construction, self-construction and ingenuity that often goes with it, as well as the great challenges we have to face in order to leave the planet roughly in good shape. state and a world a little better! At work !
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 23:43

Yes, except that we know the saying: the best way to preserve peace is to be always ready for war ...
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 06 / 08, 00: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 11/06/08, 23:58

I do not understand everything....
the second nuclear submarine it's decided ????

does the American budget include the camouflage ??? ie NASA, boeing studies, etc. ????

it remains to be seen what defense is ....
is a preventive war of defense ????
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 12/06/08, 00:09

it seems to me that the military budget plays an important role in research, and certain civil services are directly derived from it. GPS for example.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 12/06/08, 00:16

it's borderline .... and double-edged ... : Cheesy:
the GPS became inoperative on part of the globe during the first war of the gulf, the military owners having decided ...
the military are far from humanists :D

civilians actually only harvest alongside ... the military has the bomb, the civilians have nuclear power plants ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 12/06/08, 00:40

oh, there are other things like night vision, glasses and IR photos, power lasers, etc ...
The technological advance of the USA owes a lot to the military.

it is not to support these budgets, just to point out that they are a little skewed.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 12/06/08, 01:38

the problem of the USA is more serious ....
if you look a little after the war of 14, economic boom in the US ..., same during and after the second ...
and before the wars ate a lot ... they did not enter the world wars until their economic interests were threatened ...
during the first war the french army pulled a good packet of winchester and remington cartridges and they did not give them away :D
0 x
olivierdauch
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdauch » 12/06/08, 12:48

If you want peace, prepare for war.
It is in fact a literal translation of a Latin phrase: Si vis pacem, parra bellum.
This is most certainly inspired by a quote from Végèce, a Latin writer from the end of the XNUMXth century AD (no, not Jacques Chichi, the other) in his Treatise on Military Art.
Thank you my dico, I like it from time to time!
Does this mean that we would not have evolved in 17 centuries?
In some ways, most certainly!
But if we stick to this precaution, would that justify so much investment?
This is the role of nuclear deterrence. I have a friend who works in this field, at CEA (military nuclear research). According to him, research in this area is essential to remain competitive and continue to be frightening.
But when this kind of bomb is already 1000 times more powerful (see on wikipedia: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombe_H#Puissance ) that of Hiroshima for which the Hiroshima peace memorial lists 221.000 immediate and deferred victims what is the use of this escalation?
Wouldn't this energy and this colossal financial mass be better used in our schools, in the search for renewable energies, in the investment for a less worse future in general?
Nor does it mean staying defenseless, but it seems to me that the right balance has not yet been found.

One last little info found here: http://www.mondialisation.ca/index.php? ... a&aid=2332

The United States has 7650 operational nuclear weapons, Russia has 6.000. Next come France (450), China (400), Great Britain (185), Israel (100 to 300), India (50 to 80) and Pakistan (10 to 25).

Or between 14845 and 15090 ways to get laid, much better than kamasutra.
I can hardly believe that none of them will ever be used.
0 x
Passionate about alternative habitats in general and yurts in particular, the eco-construction, self-construction and ingenuity that often goes with it, as well as the great challenges we have to face in order to leave the planet roughly in good shape. state and a world a little better! At work !

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"