Strikes: freedom, equality, fraternity strike the 2 mentions ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Strikes: freedom, equality, fraternity strike the 2 mentions ...

by Christophe » 15/11/07, 23:07

... useless ... or rather obsolete

And some are getting angry:
http://arretsurimages.net/post/2007/11/ ... 20h-de-TF1
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/11/07, 00:30

Very good this link.

The right to strike is the workers' last right to challenge.
It is more or less effective, because the government com marginalizes it, discredits it, and wants to suppress it, or at least make it ineffective.

When it is no longer used for anything, there will only be the use of weapons ... Terrorism, what! (Always for the government com).
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/11/07, 02:16

Hello

Unionization and a right, when a group of workers has demands to do it is their way of expressing it, by a strike, the employer or the boss has the same rights it can be locked out, and even more , he can simply close his business, without reporting to his employees.
workers have little recourse ..
history has taught us enough examples from the weavers to the Germinal miner.

When the workers are on strike they are not renumeré, I made strikes in the steelworks which lasted more than 6 months.

In Quebec, the public service is unionized
nurses, teachers, have the right to strike, even the police are unionized and they can strike, let's say it's rare that they go on strike, but they strike zealously, they don't give any more fines , work in Jeans.
For hospital services, they must provide essential services which make a whole debate on the way of applying it and sometimes this ends in a baton law which forces the employees to a return to work not negotiated, this generally ends in the fall of the government in the next election ..

What the leaders do directly or indirectly it provokes violence within the strikers, with the help of the police and the media they show a negative image and refocus all the problems elsewhere which make the population no longer know why workers claim, it's relatively easy to make a crowd violent.

Andre
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 16/11/07, 02:38

I have nothing against the strike, but the days of strike should not be paid. It's too easy ! And it is always the same people who complain and paralyze everyone.

It's too easy to take people hostage like that. There is no other word, hostage is the right term.

In this case why not ask for salaries of 15k € / month? By being patient maybe they will have them? They could try anyway they have nothing to lose since they are paid during this time.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 16/11/07, 07:19

We should stop always seeing the strike always with a negative eye. This helps to understand the need to improve living conditions in businesses that can.

I am always disgusted to see the same thing always filmed on the same side on television. We never talk about the fact that before starting the strike, demands were lodged with the management in two or three different forms (I do not remember), before filing a strike notice. Why don't we ever talk about it on the news ?!

We must also remember that people once died to obtain the means and the rights we enjoy today in order to do in some extreme cases, bend the management and the states ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/07, 09:02

gegyx wrote:Very good this link.

The right to strike is the workers' last right to challenge.
It is more or less effective, because the government com marginalizes it, discredits it, and wants to suppress it, or at least make it ineffective.

I do not criticize the right to strike, I criticize the sealing of the economy by a minority ... I do not think that France, in its current economic state, can afford this ...

It's funny anyway: We never strike the zeal in France? You know? It is the strike that just pisss off the bosses since everything is free for everyone ... it would be a solution not to piss off his fellow citizens ... and the only economy that sinks is that of the company on strike. A zealous strike ultimately costs a lot more for the company since the operating expenses are paid ... so it is doubly more effective than a "classic" strike ... incidentally it allows you to travel with the eye :)

gegyx wrote:When it is no longer used for anything, there will only be the use of weapons ... Terrorism, what! (Always for the government com).

Don't you think that some "striker" students (the term makes you smile) do not behave in this way by blocking sncf tracks or university entrance? And yes, terrorism begins ...
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 16/11/07, 09:14

I have nothing against the strike, but the days of strike should not be paid. It's too easy ! And it is always the same people who complain and paralyze everyone.

NLC, or did you see that the strike days were paid ...? Not only are they not, but worse, the sectors or the employees are requisitioned, they are not either since "strikers". This is particularly the case in the health sector, where "strikers" are only so on paper: namely that they are at work, but considered to be strikers, are not paid ...
As for those who have the means to paralyze a lot of people by their actions, I envy them a lot: at least they have a certain weight when they claim. I think your words illustrate the result expected by our leaders and the media who are licking their boots ...
However, I am mixed about the current reasons for the strike. Indeed it is the special regimes that are on the hot seat, and if some are even more than largely justified, there are many that are no longer so, and which therefore effectively should return to the general regime ...
On the other hand I find that the government has maneuvered fairly well: in the genre: do you look at the navel (your pensions), and while you are busy with that, we take care of the rest discreetly ... I believe that these movements are widely desired by the government to hide other actions that are more discreet, or that do not affect us as closely: I am thinking for example of the mini-treaty on Europe which was refused by popular will, but that the little Nicolas will be voted by the assembly, without going through the approval of the people (their representatives largely sufficient ....)

On the other hand, I find that today, the strike has lost much of its effectiveness insofar as:
- in the public sector: it is included in the accounting for days not worked on both sides. For example, unions always give slogans here and there, even when the reasons are more or less valid. I do not have an example in mind, but I have already seen slogans for quite trivial reasons, and especially corporatist . I work in Nazion education, and that for twenty years, and never have I seen a school year without a certain number of strike days. To believe that unions are eager to justify their existence ...
- On the other hand, current trade unionism (and this is not only true for trade unionism, but also for our social protection ...), that what disadvantages some, benefits others, and that corporatism, well far from contributing to, and defending the "well-being" of the employee, ensures that the differences of interest of each other seriously undermine the effectiveness of the demands. Divide to rule better, oppose employees to employees ...
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/07, 09:27

Andre wrote:Unionization and a right, when a group of workers has demands to do it is their way of expressing it, by a strike, the employer or the boss has the same rights it can be locked out, and even more , he can simply close his business, without reporting to his employees.
workers have little recourse ..
history has taught us enough examples from the weavers to the Germinal miner.

Except that the strike concerns social privileges on retirement (at 55 for example) that a minority does not want to let go ... in any case it is to keep their work that they strike ...

It is true that controller is a very very painful and exhausting job in comparison to other jobs (in particular the chain) ...

The last time I took the TGV I heard a conversation between 3 controllers (I was seated between 2 wagons in front of their cabin because of strikes and lack of space ...) and well excuse me but they were real assholes thinking only of their mouths!

Here is the summary of the conversion: the discussion went from their retirement to their car, passing by their family, their house and their free trips with the scnf ... everything revolved around their purchasing power and their social benefits ...

One of the 3 was retiring in 2 or 3 years and was very happy since it corresponded with the end of the credit of his house, so he was looking to change his car (well you must celebrate his retirement ...) and another side, something that really shocked me, they rallied all 3 against the university registration fees of 3 to 400 € which were, according to him, very very expensive and the removal of certain lines 100% free for them: they would now have to pay (head) 10% of the ticket price ... a catastrophe in their minds ...

Equality, brotherhood should not be in their vocabulary ...but I hope I came across 3 special cases ... but frankly I doubt it ...

Andre wrote: but they go on a zealous strike, he no longer gives tickets, working in jeans.

Ah well here are Quebecois officials are less selfish than the French it looks like :)
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 11 / 07, 14: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/11/07, 10:52

+ 1 with Christophe

If these unionized strikers were fighting for the retirement of all French people, for the overhaul of all the existing benefits and to create for the trades that deserve them, I might be.

but the truth is elsewhere, some (not all fortunately) of these hard-working civil servants have forgotten that they work in the service trades, as well as catering, hospitals, personal services and this type of job requires a minimum of vocations

the problem is, that the vast majority have chosen this type of job for safety, various benefits ... what soft balls what!
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 16/11/07, 14:24

Bonjour à tous
I don't really like your insults.
Going against each other works too well in this country.
Good some thoughts that come to me.
I work, as you probably know, indirectly for EDF with the status of the electricity and gas industries (it's not just EDF and GDF!). Retirement at 55 is not for everyone and it is subject to conditions, it takes at least 15 years of active service in operation, in the field ...
And especially when you enter a company like that you weigh the pros and cons and some do not come: terrible wages and often lower career, for a long time it served as an argument not to increase wages: yes it is not well paid but you have the benefits, pensions etc ...
For me I do not regret the technical side of working on the electric transport network and these electrotechnical problems that I would not have seen elsewhere as completely, I would not have seen either so close to THT devices explode !!
When you reach the end of your career, you change the rules of the game, you will understand that it annoys, especially since for a certain number of years it is all negative: increase in contributions, gain in productivity to compensate full 35 hours, loss of such possibility or advantage, level of remuneration for advancement divided by 2, less training etc ...
And then the reality is: average age of departure from our home 57,5 years and in the private sector 58,5 years. Pension difference 22 euros (it seems to me for executives). The worst part is that I know quite a few colleagues who would like to do more years and that the management say no!
Another point is that the calculation of the annuities is different; in the general scheme 3 months for a manager, 6 months for a worker (depending on wages) validate an annuity not in the public sector 3 months is 3 months etc. Part-time is the same inequality ...
And obviously I would prefer that everyone is able to leave at 55 if they wish, and not forced, it is also in the demands of the demonstrators (must know how to read!).
And that at 50 you are no longer considered good for nothing.
Yes, because who are the ones who are leaving people to retire earlier?
Large companies, they transfer charges to pension funds, sickness funds, etc.
I also think that given the friendships between power and big companies the goal is not really to make people work longer but rather not to pay their pension.
Why are the other special regimes not called into question? Military, farmers (very deficit regime), deputies ... Is it because we need them ?! They vote well ?!
I'm not against them, but let's put everything back on the table.
Besides, it would also be nice if all contributions were paid, including those from the state.
Speaking of contributions: EDF paid a first (there will be another) big cash for our special scheme, and our fund being largely profitable it allows to pay the pensioners of mines and others ... And that's normal : solidarity, fraternity!
While having low kWh rates in Europe.

For strikes with us there is almost no repercussions sometimes a few load reductions for industries.
In 1995 guys were going to turn the power on to the poorest and put the night tariff to users with the risk of serious sanctions. On our side, we sometimes asked strikers from production plants to restart to supply users ...
And on TV a politician said: "EDF no problem, look there is light!"
It strikes the strikers well WHO ARE NOT PAID !!!! I say for those who still think it is paid for strike hours.
And I can see here that for some the zealous strike does not exist in France, so at EDF we are wrong to do so because nobody listens to us and pays attention to our approach.
Like what when we screw up the world it works much better: truck drivers etc ... It does not take long to make a mess and there we listen to the claims.
Like the Corsicans and their bombs, they managed to save their island ...

For working hours: we are told about northern countries which work longer but the conditions are much better. Training, retraining, parental leave for 3 years, etc ... We forget to talk about it because it expensive for businesses.
Yes because the big companies in France they are doing well I think, they do not know what to do with their money. They make a small black box (a few hundred million euros) to fluidize negotiations etc .............. !!! Or before going on vacation € 3 in cash (read Le Canard enchaîné), it's easier than going to the bank ...
Some find it difficult to minimize their profit on the back of social security for example, etc.
No France (companies) is not going that bad and it is economists from the USA who say so and advise to invest here !!!

The global, global problem, it seems to me, is that the richest are getting even richer, too rich (luxury trade is going very well), that the middle classes are getting poorer and that the poorest are obviously even more so .

For life expectancy, what surprises me a little in these discussions of working hours is that the AVERAGE working life has increased, but at 55 is it that good? Given the number of cancers and mortality I have doubts. A toddler who does not die increases the average considerably (it was not uncommon at the time of my parents a dying baby).

But above all the goal of society is that humans live as badly as before (a few years in retirement but not too much) or better than before (enjoy longer).
Is it so inconceivable that the profits made by companies serve a little less the parasites, sorry the shareholders, and a little more the wages and the pension funds of those who worked to create wealth?
Okay, stop, I'm too long.
Happy weekend to you all.

Michel

PS:
A word of advice: buy a generator and boost it with water of course, because at the next storm like in 1999 there will be fewer volunteers (active and retired) to reassemble and work day and night ...
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"