The mistakes of strikes

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

The mistakes of strikes

by Christophe » 06/05/03, 17:37

Here are some people complain about (too) many misspellings of the site. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to reread all the published texts of the site several times, so if you could help me hunt the biggest mistakes by specifying them here, I would be grateful.

please
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 10 / 10, 13: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/03, 22:21

wooba wrote:Hello

Uh ...

Angel, is the city of Angers?
Conscilier is to reconcile
and "Hors, ..." is for "Or, ..."

The three on the first page, including two at the very beginning.

Good luck, it's exciting.

Non ange it is well "ange" a small town near Tour!

Thanks for the remaining 2 faults I correct 2 more :)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/07/12, 17:04

Was there not another thread about improving the spelling of fo-fo ...?

I did not find! So I'm posting here. Should we say:

«Alcohol use level" or "Alcohol level"?

Does the term "alcohol use levelIs a pleonasm, as Wikipedia claims?

This is what the WHO says:

WHO wrote:Driving while intoxicated
Driving while intoxicated increases both the risk of an accident and the risk of death or serious injury.

* The risk of being involved in an accident increases significantly when the blood alcohol level is higher than 0,04 g / dl.
* Laws that prohibit driving with a blood alcohol level of 0,05 g / dl, or lower, can reduce the number of accidents related to alcohol intake.
* Random alcohol checks on the road, which can reduce the number of alcohol-related accidents by about 20%, have proven to be very cost-effective.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factshee ... index.html

So, say "alcohol levelIs it still correct?
It would be just right if we specified "Degree of alcohol in the blood", (according to some sources) but it remains imprecise.
(Alcohol measured in "degrees"and not in"rate", Okay...?)

Etymologically
Alcoholemia comes from the word " alcohol And the suffix -emie ", From the Greek" -aimia , Of " pancreas ", Which means " blood ".

For Anglo-Saxons idem
Blood alcohol level => BAC => "Blood Alcohol Content»
Ditto among the Germans.

The blood alcohol level therefore denotes the degree of alcohol in a given volume of blood. It is expressed in gr. alcohol per liter of blood. It varies according to the amount of alcohol ingested, the time of ingestion, the size, the weight, the buildup and the metabolism of the consumer. All that the expression "alcohol level"(False formula we have seen) does not specify!

More precisely:
The blood alcohol level is calculated according to the following formula: (amount of pure alcohol / weight in kg) XA
(A being = 0,7 for men OR 0,6 for women).
We understand whyalcohol levelDoes not mean anything medially and does not mean implicitly that one is drunk.

So I find that "blood alcohol level" is correct, because if we mean "Alcohol level"it would be false both etymologically and medically, as well as in the terminology adopted by the World Health Organization, or with regard to the translation into English.

Or it should be more precisedegree of alcohol in the blood" and no "rate"(The mention" in the blood "being imperative ...).
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 08/07/12, 19:17

well no, not agree.
As you said alcoholemia means amount of alcohol in the blood, so it's necessarily a value per liter. Therefore to add rate in front is a pleonasm.
Alcohol level is correct, BAC is equivalent to alcohol rate.

In fact the important thing is not to let down our winemakers!
Where are we in the record?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/07/12, 19:19

Alcohol level, in fact = "quantity" of alcohol in the blood expressed in g / l (as uremia is the quantity of urea in the blood in g or mg per liter, or glycemia, the glucose in the blood in g / l ) ...

As far as I know, a "rate" is not that defined. It is a relation of one thing to another. It is therefore appropriate to specify "rate of this expressed in that". Air humidity in g / m3 is a rate ...

So glycemia = "alcohol level in the blood expressed in g / l"

And so yes, "blood alcohol level" is improper and is a pleonasm. Like the frequently misused "rainfall" (instead of "rainfall 700mm / year").

The "degree" for blood would not be relevant. The alcoholic degree is the ratio between the volume of pure ethyl alcohol (at 20 ° I believe, because there is a story of density) and the volume of the "mixture" (drink) X 100. Or if you want, the number of cm3 of pure ethyl alcohol in 100 cm3 of mixture (drink in general).

Hence the precision "XX ° vol" on wine bottles, etc ... Because this can also be defined in weight!

It is a "usual unit" ...

To 0,3 degrees of alcohol in the blood, we would be dead ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/07/12, 19:21

My apologies, Philippe. We met. But we agree, so that's fine!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/07/12, 20:18

Did67 wrote:So glycemia = "alcohol level in the blood expressed in g / l".

Arf ... You mix everything! The blood sugar is sugar (not alcohol) ...

And your example does not even work, since it says well "Glycemic index" to be precise ! QED.

Did67 wrote:Alcohol level, in fact = "quantity" of alcohol in the blood expressed in g / l

Yes but no; after calculating, and applying a ratio that differs from sex to sex, je reminded him hence the placement of the "rate" before ...

Did67 wrote:As far as I know, a "rate" is not that defined. It is a relation of one thing to another. It is therefore appropriate to specify "rate of this expressed in that". Air humidity in g / m3 is a rate ...

In a certain sense I do not say anything else, there you seriously contradict yourself ...
And on the contrary, it is very definite, since it is in the law:

RS 741.01 Federal Act on Road Traffic

Title 5 Criminal Provisions
<Art. 90 Violation of traffic rules
> Art. 91a Opposition or evasion of measures aimed at determining incapacity to drive
Art 911

Drivers unable to drive

1 Anyone who has driven a motor vehicle while intoxicated is liable to a fine. The penalty will be a custodial sentence of up to three years or a pecuniary alcohol use level is qualified (Article 55, 6).

2 Anyone who has driven a motor vehicle while unable to drive for other reasons is punishable by deprivation of liberty for up to three years or a pecuniary penalty.2

3 Anyone who has driven a vehicle without an engine while unable to drive is punished with a fine.

1 New content according to ch. I of the LF of 14 dec. 2001, effective Jan. 1 2005er (2002 RO 2767, 2004 2849, 1999 FF 4106).
2 Corrected by the Editorial Board of Ass. fed. (art. 58, al. 1, LParl; RS HYPERLINK "http://www.bk.admin.ch/ch/f/rs/c171_10.html").
Status the 1er May 2012

http://www.admin.ch/ch/f/rs/741_01/a91.html

Did67 wrote:And so yes, "blood alcohol level" is improper and is a pleonasm. Like the frequently misused "rainfall" (instead of "rainfall 700mm / year").

This example has nothing to do with the case that concerns us. There is no etymological connection there ... It slips.

Did67 wrote:The "degree" for blood would not be relevant.

I did not say "degreeFor the blood, but for the alcohol! reread : Arrowu:

And the word "degree" is an example used by me on the contrary, which is self-sufficient to make it clear that "alcohol rate" means nothing. reread : Arrowu: Re-QED.

The rest has nothing to do

Why did I write that? Because of the question that arose from this post:

indy49 wrote:Sorry, I did not have the same level of alcohol as you. https://www.econologie.com/forums/post237034.html#237034

Obviously, given the above, this is false.

Philippe Schutt wrote:well no, not agree.
As you said alcoholemia means amount alcohol in the blood,

Oh no, I never said that!

One can only observe etymologically that INBAC"It is accurate that it is alcohol in the blood! Which is not the case of "alcohol rate" if it is not specified.

The notion of quantity only intervenes by placing "rate" in front.
Otherwise "alcohol" just means an alcoholic guess without quantity precision => since it must still be calculated => and this according to an index and a degree of alcohol which vary between the quantity ingested, the sex and the weight ....

Philippe Schutt wrote:so it's necessarily a value per liter.

No, not per liter:
BAC calculation formula = (amount of pure alcohol / weight in kg) x A (A being equal to 0,6 for a woman and 0,7 for a man).

Philippe Schutt wrote:Therefore to add rate in front is a pleonasm.
Alcohol level is correct, BAC is equivalent to alcohol rate.

We do not have the same reasoning, that must be for that : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

Mebon, it's just my humble opinion. : Lol:

Philippe Schutt wrote:In fact the important thing is not to let down our winemakers!
Where are we in the record?

In the end, if you're buttered the definition no longer matters : Cheesy:
Last edited by Obamot the 08 / 07 / 12, 20: 43, 2 edited once.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/07/12, 20:26

Well, you'd have to agree: is it typing or spelling?
The discussion on alcoholism does not fall under either of these subjects, but on a semantic aspect ...

The mistakes are not so serious, as long as it remains understandable ... If it was necessary to align them all here, this post would quickly become the most provided of the forum... :D
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 08/07/12, 20:37

bah, typing or spelling, insofar as the computer underlines them in red, this should be quite rare ... Unless we consider that given the "less than nothing" who read, it is useless, degrading or vain to reread before posting ...
0 x