Olduvai - anticipation & survival

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
kraveunn
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Olduvai - anticipation & survival

by kraveunn » 14/02/07, 22:50

The Olduvai project: http://le-projet-olduvai.kanak.fr/index.forum

Just a note to introduce you to the "Olduvai" - first forum Francophone, dedicated to the anticipation of major risks; that is to say, the environmental, climatological, energy (after oil) and societal (conflict) perils that loom more or less clearly on the horizon.

Purpose and vocation of forum :

The purpose of forum is to communicate and exchange around the amplification of major risks (environmental, energy ...)

Ce forum will focus on adaptation and survival methods related to the post-oil era and the possible environmental bankruptcy.

You are invited to participate (cordially) in the debates; however, be indulgent forum is young and still not very busy. Good visit !

Some links to better understand the issues:

"Oléocène": http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB2/index.ph ... b91debf209

"After-oil": http://apres.petrole.online.fr/

"The wolf behind the door": http://www.wolfatthedoor.org.uk/francais/index.html
Last edited by kraveunn the 06 / 08 / 09, 17: 02, 2 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 15/02/07, 08:03

Prepare our Swiss knives, learn how to set traps and make fire as in Koh-Lanta.
Well, I'm talking about it in a slightly mocking tone. So why not prepare for it, yes, but why not try to avoid this? ???????
In other words, why not accept being an actor rather than agreeing to submit?
0 x
kraveunn
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kraveunn » 23/02/07, 11:49

Why?

Well, because it is already what I have been doing for years and that many of us are assiduous and that I have a greater and greater doubt about the success of our action.

I refuse to ignore our possible defeat and I do what many refuse to consider: I am preparing for a possible retreat.

It's not that it particularly delights me, but I do not believe more blindly in the reform or the possible change of society and in parallel with a descending and ecological commitment, I train myself in the worst possible outcome for our future.

In any case and if I crash radically, I would at least have the advantage of being rather well prepared to live in a more "rustic" world. I would especially have the relief of having escaped the worst : Wink:

More seriously, I personally have doubts when the outcome of current and future management of climate change and the occurrence of the peak of fossil fuels; I seek to sensitize people, to prevent the worst (but we are so few and so mocked) and to save who can be (in case).

I think that my approach is worth another, I am not a pessimist or catastrophist stubborn; I analyze the facts and I am able to argue my position. I am therefore ready to answer any questions and to send you links and infos in packages.

I am not trying to convince or recruit; I propose to you my vision of things, my point of view, without more; everyone does what ol wants : Wink:
0 x
kraveunn
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kraveunn » 23/02/07, 12:18

I was going to forget, I edited this site because there was none that exposed this vision of things and that it seemed to me that there was a certain lack to fill in the electronic landscape.

Sites that inform us about ways to inform, sensitize and move things, there are a lot on the web and very interesting (such as econology); like olduvai only one.

so, I think he has his role to play in the history of awareness as well as information : Wink:
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 23/02/07, 12:46

I think you did not choose the right word to describe your action.

For my part, survival is not a doctrine, but rather an instinct. And when you talk about instinct, the excesses can be extreme ... I'll even go so far as to say that instinct is anti-reflection!

It is thanks to the instinct of survival that we came to wars or fights at the exit of bars because people felt threatened either by differences or by misunderstandings, or by misplaced jealousies. (among others for women!) ... : Mrgreen:

Finally, I'm not going to make the whole antithesis of instinct, which seems to me as heavy as his thesis ... However, it is true that instinct can have good sides since it sometimes allows us to get out of bad situations: during an accident for example ...

So, maybe you should ask the pros and cons of survivalism because at home, it evokes more negative than positive aspects. Simple observation ...
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 23/02/07, 12:48

Chris, I think I'm bullshit? !! : Oops:

Can you arrange this by leaving only the last post ?! :(
I had a mention that there was a bug and I did not look at the result ... Sorry! : Wink:
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 23/02/07, 14:15

Moui finally your site, it is not too the top.

Because who says that we will always have electricity to access your site.

I came across the GI's manual, where they explained how to get out in a hostile jungle .... I found that quite a lot.
0 x
kraveunn
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kraveunn » 23/02/07, 18:11

ThierrySan wrote:I think you did not choose the right word to describe your action.

For my part, survival is not a doctrine, but rather an instinct. And when you talk about instinct, the excesses can be extreme ... I'll even go so far as to say that instinct is anti-reflection!

It is thanks to the instinct of survival that we came to wars or fights at the exit of bars because people felt threatened either by differences or by misunderstandings, or by misplaced jealousies. (among others for women!) ... : Mrgreen:

Finally, I'm not going to make the whole antithesis of instinct, which seems to me as heavy as his thesis ... However, it is true that instinct can have good sides since it sometimes allows us to get out of bad situations: during an accident for example ...

So, maybe you should ask the pros and cons of survivalism because at home, it evokes more negative than positive aspects. Simple observation ...

No, the word doctrine is not badly chosen : Wink: ; it is the very (official) definition of survivalism: a philosophy of life. What you're talking about is survival instinct, not knowingly prepared to prepare for a cataclysm or a future change.

Instinct is only partly in the action of survival; reflection, anticipation and many others are taken into account; sinion, explain me where is the primary instinct when I prepare my preserves, make a tool, plant cabbages and make a hammock. : Wink:

Survivalism is unfortunately little known and many aprioris circulate on its subject.

For the instinct of survival in itself, because of many conflicts, it is also thanks to him that the men crossed the millennia : Wink:

Survivalism can bring out in you its most negative acpects because you simply do not know it well and you have a slightly preconsented image (except your respect : Wink: )

Moui finally your site, it is not too the top.

Because who says that we will always have electricity to access your site.

I came across the GI's manual, where they explained how to get out in a hostile jungle .... I found that quite a lot.

The site was not top, but I work to improve it every day and then it's a young site (4 months).

The site is only a medium to exchange, communicate, meet and especially gather information and experiences ... as much as you can.

Do you seriously believe that we do not think about this problem (electricity, but also freedom on the web, etc.)? Do you believe that our action is limited to surfing the web and playing the survivors behind a computer screen? The site is just a tool, handy, but may not be forever.

This means is used like everyone else because it is cheap, free and practical; if we no longer have access to it, it is not the end of the world; it will be just a little less easy, that's all. ;)
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 23/02/07, 18:58

ThierrySan wrote:For my part, survival is not a doctrine, but rather an instinct. And when you talk about instinct, the excesses can be extreme ... I'll even go so far as to say that instinct is anti-reflection!

Hi thierry and the others

I think you're wrong (excuse me) I made 100 kg I unfortunately learned to fight, I master all the portable weapon; but I do not have a weapon, I do service to my neighbors and if a dwarf looking for butts in the bistro I prefer to pass for a coward, but I pay my half and pulls me by letting him get excited by himself.
on the other hand if you have galley in forest, in the desert or in the middle of pacific my instinct of survival and my training will save you little be the skin. but it is above all the instinct of survival and calm that make the difference.

if you want to discuss, mp are there for that!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/02/07, 11:17

I went through some fliping pages! (health kit) to see
but still time to read everything and it misses.
it can be interesting, useful
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"