Petition for clear labeling of transport mode

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Petition for clear labeling of transport mode

by Christophe » 30/01/07, 15:58

Petition for clear labeling of the mode of transport of intercontinental goods

More and more frequently, fruits, vegetables, meats and other flowers from the four corners of the planet are offered to us in shops. When these products are transported to Belgium (or to Europe) by air, the energy cost is extremely high, with CO2 emissions beyond the norm, 60 times more than transport by sea.

For example, the only air transport of a kilo ...
- Israeli strawberries emit 2,6 kg of CO2, equivalent to 1 liter of oil.
- asparagus from Peru emits 8,4 kg of CO2, the equivalent of 3,1 liters of oil.
- Argentine beef emits 9 kg of CO2, the equivalent of 3,4 liters of petroleum.
- New Zealand lamb emits 15 kg of CO2, the equivalent of 5,6 liters of oil.

In the current context of global warming, this becomes challenging. I do not wish to prohibit imports of these fresh products but, as a consumer, I wish to be able to make my choice knowingly.

This is the reason why I appeal to the Belgian democratic political parties so that they legislate in this matter and impose on distributors the application of logos (a red plane and a blue boat, for example) indicating systematically and clearly the mode of transportation used for
intercontinental transport of these goods.

SIGN THE PETITION ONLINE: http://www.mesopinions.com/detail-petit ... c88eece74d

This petition is initiated by the “Avion Rouge” Collective http://avionrouge.blogspot.com/ a collective of Belgian citizens concerned about the environment and independent of any political formation. It is made up of Fabrice Collignon (economist, Liège), Pierre de Wit (architect, Liège), David Leloup (journalist, Liège), Pierre Ozer (doctor of science, Liège), Dominique Perrin (doctor of environment, Flémalle), Sonia Veckmans (geographer, Yvoir) and Martin Willems (engineer, Rixensart).
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 30/01/07, 16:17

I am willing to sign, but since I live in France, it will still have less impact ...

Nevertheless, I find the idea excellent. I myself campaign for the price of the products to reflect the total price from conception to point of sale. Thus, a product imported by truck will not include its final price the repair of roadways messed up by the constant passage of trucks. This cost is assumed by the community through tax and DDE.

Thus, without doing protectionism, billing the km of trucks, plane or boat (and yes, (aero) port infrastructure, it is made and it is maintained) would make local products more competitive compared to imports.

Of course, I can already hear the cries of the mourners of purchasing power: "If we do that, it will make imported products much more expensive and it will still be the consumer who will pay".

This is not false, but any medal having its reverse, the implications will be the following:
Increase in competitiveness of local productions (since having made less than Km) : Arrow: fewer relocations : Arrow: more local employment : Arrow: more purchasing power compensating for the increase in products than we can produce locally.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/07, 17:00

As I said to David Leloup who forwarded the action to me ... too bad this petition is limited to air transport ...

A CO2 label is required on ALL products... by the way, did you know that before doing any km with a new car, has this already emitted 20 to 40 km of CO000 equivalent during its manufacture and transport? (see here: https://www.econologie.com/le-moteur-a-h ... es-90.html )

For "large products" such a calculation is quite easy to do ... but for small ... Especially for fruits and vegetables it would be necessary to take into account the negative CO2 assimilated by the tree (if it is still in growth...). In short, a lot of mathematical celebrations :D
0 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bolton069 » 07/02/07, 11:17

Hello,

After realizing that we are talking about it here, I join you.

Excellent initiative, I agree with Christophe on the fact that a CO2 labeling would be ideal.

But in my opinion, the advantage of the blue boat, red plane system is that it is very educational, easy to understand. (This is good catchy marketing, to get an idea across.) A CO2 table, or written indication of + would probably go unnoticed.

In addition, this kind of system coupled with the origin of the goods gives an idea of ​​the order of magnitude of the CO2 spent. (for transportation only unfortunately.)

: Cry:
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 07/02/07, 15:17

On this subject, you can follow this week's series "La-bas, si je y suis" which deals with the ballad of industrial products across Europe and the world ...

"La-bas, si j'y suis" on France inter from 15pm to 16pm on weekdays.
See also the site "la-bas" to listen to the programs:
http://www.la-bas.org/article.php3?id_article=1103
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/02/07, 17:34

basically, what is amazing is the price paid to the producer:

when you removed:

VAT
EEC entry fees
the dealer profit
the profit of the importer
the price of truck transport
etc., etc...

what is left to the poor typ that produced the object?

this mode is crazy!

I plead for a standardization of the cost of the labor (it would seem that the cost of the hour of work of a mason worker is a good standard: its productivity has changed very little for centuries)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/02/07, 18:03

elephant wrote:basically, what is amazing is the price paid to the producer:

when you removed:

VAT
EEC entry fees
the dealer profit
the profit of the importer
the price of truck transport
etc., etc...

what is left to the poor typ that produced the object?

this mode is crazy!

I plead for a standardization of the cost of the labor (it would seem that the cost of the hour of work of a mason worker is a good standard: its productivity has changed very little for centuries)

+18732,84 : Cheesy:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding