Mobilizing citizens against climate change

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Mobilizing citizens against climate change

by Targol » 16/01/07, 11:10

Cyberactors wrote:The 1er February 2007, all over France:

Participate in the biggest mobilization of citizens against Climate Change!

The Alliance for the Planet (national grouping of environmental associations) launches a simple call to all citizens, 5 minutes of respite for the planet: everyone off his eve and lights the 1er February 2007 between 19h55 and 20h00. It's not about saving 5 minutes of electricity just that day, but to draw the attention of citizens, the media and policymakers to the waste of energy and the urgency of moving to the action! 5 minutes of respite for the planet: it does not take long, it costs nothing, and it will show presidential candidates that climate change is a subject that must weigh in the political debate.

Why the February 1er?

That day will be released in Paris, the new report of the United Nations climate experts group.

This event will take place in France: we must not miss this opportunity to shine the spotlight on the urgency of the global climate situation.

If we all participate, this action will have a real media and political weight, less than three months before the presidential election!

Circulate this call to the maximum around you and in all your networks! Have it also appear on your website and in your news letters.

Contact / information: Cyrielle, Friends of the Earth: 01 48 51 18 95

If you want to go further by proposing an original gathering at this time in your commune, you can announce it on your forum
http://www.cyberacteurs.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 17/01/07, 18:48

This morning I was sent the flyer via email. Frankly I found that ridiculous (but I assume).
We get the impression by reading that we will move things but where is the real pressure in this action?
I also doubt the effect of an event that everyone does "at home". Not easy to publicize all this ...

Finally, I have the impression (I'm probably wrong) that we invite the populace to do something great but the next day we can resume his car (4x4) to go shopping, buy things made on the whole planet who will have polluted more by their path :x that by their manufacture, heat his home at 23 ° C to walk in T-Shirt (I have the right it is me who pays :frown: ) and do not forget not to sort (it's so expensive garbage collection they can do it themselves shit shit :| , etc.).

I believe that the energy expended in this experiment (whose purpose seems to me very vague and incredibly difficult to measure) could have been used to do other things much more timely.

Finally it is probably me who radicalizes me. :?

See you.
0 x
Marty
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/07, 18:50

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/07, 19:02

vttdechaine wrote:Finally, I have the impression (I'm probably wrong) that we invite the populace to do something great but the next day we can resume his car (4x4) to go shopping, buy things made on the whole planet who will have polluted more by their path :x that by their manufacture, heat his home at 23 ° C to walk in T-Shirt (I have the right it is me who pays :frown: ) and do not forget not to sort (it's so expensive garbage collection they can do it themselves shit shit :| , etc.).

+1 and I have just answered this to a "mass mailling":

Now to qualify this as "greater mobilization of citizens against Climate Change" there is room ... because we will do after the 5 minutes ... if not resume our bad habits of ( on) consumption?

Go live the ecology ... less good than yesterday, less worse than tomorrow!

vttdechaine wrote:whose purpose seems to me very vague and incredibly difficult to measure

Like most ecolos actions no?

Their goal is maybe to do the network or one or 2 central?

Do you have an idea of ​​alternative action?
0 x
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 18/01/07, 09:41

I think that the actions "which can be seen" already make it possible to measure the impact on the population and therefore to put "pressure" on politicians.
Thus, the action of Hulot with the signatories of its website seems to me to be incredibly more "promising" than to spread its light at home.
We take a satellite photo of France at 19h57 to see if it's all black : Cheesy: ?
I discussed this action with a colleague who told me:
"Are there any out there looking to talk about them? I'm sure there are coordinates on your thing ..."
In the end, I would have LARGELY preferred that we are called to find ourselves "without light" between 19:30 pm and 20:30 pm in front of the prefectures and town halls. There it was filmable, spectacular, restransmorable on TV, measurable and it would have had the same "technical" origin:
"Meet in front of the prefecture or your town hall: you are outside so no light is on at home".

@+
0 x
Marty
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/01/07, 09:44

Like all the punctual actions, this action can not evade an awareness and actions of every day.
We can make the same reproach to many "demonstrations" of which the participants, by their presence, could consider that they "made their quota":
  • people going to Mass / temple / synagogue / mosque / ... (wiping it off) and think it gives them the right to be the worst bastard / selfish the rest of the week,
  • those who give for the Telethon and who think that it allows them to park on disabled places,
  • those who take part in a demonstration for the day of the woman and who are the worst macho the rest of the year,

In short, the examples are not lacking to prove that a punctual action is useless if it is not followed by an awareness impacting the life of everyday.

When the impact of this action there in particular, it could be important if the people behind this idea have the means to determine the electricity consumption of France "in real time" and thus be able to compare consumption during of the share compared to the "standard" consumption for the same day.
Imagine if the movement is a little followed and as a result, during 5mn, we saved the equivalent of 4 nuclear power plants. That would be really talking to people, right? It would have, in my opinion, a lot more impact than all speeches ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 18/01/07, 12:32

Remain more than waiting to see how this will be managed at impact level.
0 x
Marty

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"