How do you manage not to be depressed ....

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

How do you manage not to be depressed ....

by dreamer » 09/11/06, 14:32

Hello
I come to post here because I know it forum is already 1 devoted to ecology and 2, populated by nice people (in any case, to read you in the other subjects, it is the impression that I have).

Voila, I am 25 years old and it will be said that I am not "mentally very strong".
I feel very involved in ecology, sustainable development, energy optimization etc, I bcp them forums and internet sites.
But too often I see people’s comments and I’m disgusted.
You are going to tell me that I take this to heart too much, but I cannot do otherwise.
Right away, I went into a good mood in the basement, "simply" by reading some posts on a forum that I frequent and where qq1 has recently created a subject on the ecology and the announced end of the fish in the oceans for 2050.

And this is unfortunately also true with my parents, my sister or friends (fortunately, I have some who are even involved).

All this to ask how you manage to resist the vast majority of people who seem to have absolutely NOTHING TO DO with ecological ideas and who debunk lots of bullshit such as the fact that cars only play for 10% of pollution, or that without nuclear it is not possible, or even if we made biomass power plants, wind turbines etc, we chanegrait almost nothing and therefore "being green" is just good to give good conscience in a political program in order to take easy ways.

I feel like a quixote and I no longer know if it's worth continuing to fight or rather to flee far away and live in autarsy while waiting for the world to destroy itself ...?

I wonder if it's worth the trouble to want to fight and spend energy to save these people who don't even deserve it.

Finally here ... pti stroke of blues passenger, but too often recurring.

Thanks for reading me,
Good to you,
Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/06, 14:46

I ask myself the question every day ... We will say that the little voice inside me which says to me "Continue it's worth it" ... (I am the creator of this site ...)

After having heard in the professional world (job interview) things like "ecological engineer it should not exist" or "your green shirt is beautiful" ... I can tell you that I have shielded myself against this kind of assholes ...

So no, it's not easy every day but we are less and less numerous (failing more and more) to become aware of the situation so somewhere is that we are probably not entirely wrong. ..

ps: www.econologie.info you should like ...
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 09/11/06, 14:52

Hey thanks for the link (which i already knew qd mm :P )

Clear that Nicolas Hulot could be a Mentor, an example to follow.

He has the courage to tackle all policies head on at once, but he knows he has an important aura.

Courage courage ... :)

Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/06, 15:12

Uh a mentor I don't know ... I think we are more advanced than him on average here ... see related topics on Hulot ...

A spark for the general public that yes it could be ... but must be assured behind ... Because for the moment it is a lot of blabla (sites, some training ...) yet his foundation would have the means (or could easily find them) take action ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How do you manage not to be depressed ...

by bham » 09/11/06, 16:06

dreamer wrote:Voila, I am 25 years old and it will be said that I am not "mentally very strong".
I feel very involved in ecology, sustainable development, energy optimization etc, I bcp them forums and internet sites.
But too often I see people’s comments and I’m disgusted.
You are going to tell me that I take this to heart too much, but I cannot do otherwise.
Right away, I went into a good mood in the basement, "simply" by reading some posts on a forum that I frequent and where qq1 has recently created a subject on the ecology and the announced end of the fish in the oceans for 2050.
Dreamer

Hi Dreamer, you are still very young, I have 20 more than you and you remind me of what I was. At 16, after reading a magazine on endangered species, with rage I got on my bike to go to the Natural History Museum in order to meet the Curator and ask him what he and his colleagues were doing for the conservation of species. I must admit that when I arrived I was relieved to find that the Museum was closed. My anger has subsided. Me too, at the time I would have liked to "go into the bacon", react to the quarter turn (even today). But things are not so simple for many reasons, on the one hand because any action which preserves the interests of some upsets those of others, and then because we are all unique and therefore different from each other, so we have various opinions sometimes opposed.
You have to get used to it, you can't change the others, you can't model them, depending on what you think is good for them. It's like that. Keep this rebellious side but relativized. You can't change the course of things, you can just try to change it.
And then learn to sift through the information, if you don't already. There are some true, false, moderately true, ... etc, there are some that need to be put into perspective.

The hardest part, I believe, is to accept to take slaps, to accept that time passes to enlighten us, to make us mature, to make us mentally stronger without being able to accelerate or modify it.

And tell yourself that one day, you may be a dad and that day, you will realize that you have just given LIFE to a perfectly formed little boy, a real little man. It will be a little thanks to you, a little thanks to your wife but above all thanks to the miracle of life and its complexity. So for this little one and those of others, while we are at it, continue to fight without being let down. Because he will need you.
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 09/11/06, 19:50

"How do you manage not to be depressed ...."

Good question !
I would rather say: how do you "move forward" while being depressed ...?
No idea !
hope without doubt, hence the proverb.
Ideas, projects, a child, a family, all of this helps not to be put down and turn the page (or close your eyes) on many things which are mainly due to hypocrisy, vanity, thirst of power or money, of quite a few people.
Everyone sees noon at their door and is ready to slam it in the nose of the neighbor at the slightest concern.
You know I think it's been like this for millennia.
Being younger I had lots of ideas to change the world and I WANTED to change the world, but over time it settles and we realize that it is indeed Don Quixote against mills.
When we see countries wiped off the map in no time, we realize that we are not much in the face of the apparent "disorder" of the world.
We are often disappointed by others, their naivety, their laziness, their fears different from ours and so futile (an impression?).

Against all this?
a strength !
which I don't know, maybe grouping together on forums like this one for example.
Avoid watching the news and especially not believe too much what we are told and trust a little more to his intuition.
To have the feeling of being awakened in a way to less speculative values, more fraternal (a little naivety of my youth it seems).

We could talk for hours!

Courage and down
for you and your clients.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 09/11/06, 21:27

Christophe wrote:"your green shirt is beautiful"

do you have a green shirt ?? !!! : Shock: : Shock:

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 09/11/06, 23:14

To your question dreamer I would simply answer for my part. I look for articles on the future that give a little hope and when I have one I discuss it on the forum. History of sharing my optimism.
The problem is that very often after a few exchanges the hope vanishes again.

Then a question comes to my mind every time.

"What is an optimist?"

"He's an ill-informed pessimist"
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 10/11/06, 09:32

I agree with pitmix on his approach. Afterwards I am also too busy fighting to try to get out in society to really have the opportunity to question myself on the vain aspects of this fight.

What is certain is that the more time passes the more I learn the more I realize how the problem is purely political. I would even say more, the catastrophic environmental aspects announced are only one symptom of the political problems of our model of society.

I fight with my very modest means (small contribution to greenpeace, small daily gestures, attempt to open my eyes to everyone around me about what is the fruit of the work of lobbies).

Now I'm waiting for the day when I have the shoulders a little more solid socially as well as financially to launch myself more concretely in the fight.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/06, 09:44

PITMIX wrote:"What is an optimist?"

"He's an ill-informed pessimist"

+1 (for the environment at least). Bravo for the quote!
0 x