24h of the mans of clean cars ... the beautiful joke

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

24h of the mans of clean cars ... the beautiful joke

by Christophe » 03/10/06, 23:25

In line with this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/de-qui-se- ... t1285.html

The Ministry of Transport is considering the organization of "24 Hours of Le Mans for clean cars" AP 03/10/2006 16h58

To allow the "click" which will arouse in motorists the reflex to buy "clean" vehicles, the Ministry of Transport plans to create by 2008 the "24 Hours of Le Mans clean cars".

"The project is to organize, on the circuit of Le Mans one week before the 24 Hours, the '24 Hours of Le Mans clean cars", explains the ministry in a press release released Tuesday.

The event would include a "Village / Exhibitor" presenting the latest models, the latest technologies with forums for 24 hours, as well as "several races in a row (of two or three hours each)" for 24 hours. These races would pit hybrid, electric cars running on hydrogen, CNG (natural gas for vehicles) or biofuels.

The greatest drivers and the greatest personalities (political, cultural, sporting) will be called to participate in this race.

According to the Ministry of Transport, one of the highlights of the event would be the start of the electric car race, "in impressive silence".

For the ministry, the stake of this project is to create "an event which, if we do not take the initiative, will have every chance to be created elsewhere in the world", as in Indianapolis (United States) , and a "big meeting likely to become regular but of which France controls the organization, unlike events (Olympic Games, World Cup) to which it must apply".
Last edited by Christophe the 31 / 08 / 08, 22: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/10/06, 14:36

So what ?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 26/10/06, 11:08

It's completely stupid!
A clean car (if we consider that it can be possible) is not compatible with the logic of competition.

It is the race for power (valid for any machine) which leads to overconsumption and pollution. The first thing is to chase after the power reduction, because that is the real question. So a race ... frankly ... must stop the demagoguery!

On the other hand, in view of the future classification of minimum CO2 / km, I am looking for a volunteer with big calves to start with me in the pedal car team. We're going to rot them all !!!! : Mrgreen:

I hope, Lumberjack, having answered your question.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/06, 11:34

Rulian wrote:On the other hand, in view of the future classification of minimum CO2 / km, I am looking for a volunteer with big calves to start with me in the pedal car team. We're going to rot them all !!!! : Mrgreen:

+1 but to improve our performance, I think a small biogas-hvb engine wouldn't hurt ... but I bet these last 2 weren't included in the list of clean fuels (that's true that the gas is very clean compared to CO2 ... no coment) ... Obviously it is necessary to please the centralists or centralists ... both are valid ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/10/06, 16:17

Rulian wrote:[...] A clean car (if that is considered to be possible) is not compatible with the logic of competition. [...]
In the tone of this press release, even if we find the word "race" 3 times and once "pilot", for me, the emphasis is not on the "performance" side (in the sense of speed) but rather on the event and the confrontation of techniques.
As far as competition is concerned, I do not agree with you: a technological competition may very well be compatible with the notion of "clean car".

In addition, we can very well, during a competition where speed is also taken into account, give an energy allocation with which the competitors do what they want (I think by the way, but it is Off-Topic , that this is what F1 should be: a laboratory on energy efficiency).

You both have a slightly too narrow view on the subject, IMHO ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 26/10/06, 18:55

Too narrow is quickly said ... I would rather say a "view that you do not share". It's better : Cheesy:

Anyway, the regulars of the forum know my opinion on "the clean car" ... if you stick to it I can find you the thread ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/10/06, 19:14

No. I still say too narrow ... :|

I know your point of view on the "clean car" (you write down the quotes?) And I agree on the substance, which I am not questioning here.

But here in this case, you and Christophe are going, on the basis of this press release, in a very particular direction without even addressing different aspects of what it can be ...
I find it a shame because it deprives us all of an exchange of ideas which can be interesting, whereas if we follow your narrow path, there is nothing to say.
0 x
kmala
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kmala » 26/10/06, 19:56

if it is to make motorists want to buy it, it is not necessary.
Lots of people are waiting to be able to buy an electric car but it is not available for sale, more production.

I ran to find mine

two years ago it was not too expensive secondhand 1800E HT but it had to go up with the price of crude
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 26/10/06, 20:21

I quite agree with you Lumberjack, (not typing :? ), as soon as there is something a little official (original sin) you always have to see what is wrong, what is not perfect, the good image that it will give etc ...

And I find the principle good even if I still agree with Rulian on the fact that it will still give us the impression that a car is clean.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 27/10/06, 14:18

Uh yes Noo, please specify ... my problem is not that it is official. If an initiative is good it is welcome, must it have come from official organizations or many politicians whose opinions I do not share.

My problem is the "clean car" theme and even worse the "ecology and motor racing" theme. Another great way to entertain sweet dreams for the crowd of gogos who will not fail to believe in them as a kid believes in Santa Claus.

But it is true that we are a bit expeditious with Christophe ... you score a Bucheron point, with my apologies.
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"