Video: the underside of foie gras from South West

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Video: the underside of foie gras from South West

by Christophe » 02/10/06, 14:49

No comment :

http://www.lesverts-bouclemontesson.org ... player.htm
ou
http://www.lesverts-bouclemontesson.org ... cktime.htm

Already I did not like too much foie gras ... well now it's settled ... Or so I would take that Alsatian : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 06 / 15, 03: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 15:11

Well, I do not have the sound on my PC here, but I imagine the content of the comments in view of the images.

This kind of documentary, you want to do exactly the same on the industrial farms of chickens : Arrow: good, finish the chicken too.
Have you ever seen the living conditions in an industrial hog barn? : Arrow: Shit, no more pork meat, no more pork either.

A cattle or horse slaughterhouse with the animals that smell of blood and who are mistreated until their death, have you ever seen either? : Arrow: Ok, finished beef and horse meat too

In short, any sector of industrial breeding is detrimental to the welfare of animals. So,
  • either you do like me and you buy your more expensive ducks from a small producer who lets them run and feeds them - of course - but "on demand" and you do the same for other meats: buy them less often but in sectors or the quality and welfare of the animals are guaranteed but invoiced.
  • either you are logical until the end and you become vegetarian.

Me, personally, this is one of my "inconsistencies": I am green but carnivorous. Between a salad and a rare duck breast, my choice is quickly made. However, I know well that the gray energy of a duck breast is 10 to 20 times greater than that of a salad ...
One day, I might become a vegetarian. For now, I'm already trying to quit, everything in its own time. In any case, my meat, I try to max to buy in sectors of the type small producer / butcher rather than industrial breeding / central purchasing / supermarket. I buy less often, but it is much better.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/06, 15:36

Do not enter neither in one nor the other extremism ...

The choice of the consumer during the purchase is what defines the breeding conditions. If everyone was ready to buy Chicken Label R *** at 7 € per kilo there would be no scandalous industriesl farms ...

Anyway foie gras is a product that does not respect animals not defined ...

It's Christine who will "like" this discussion ...

I uploaded the mirror video:
https://www.econologie.com/file/videos/F ... tesson.wmv
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 15:54

Christophe wrote:The choice of the consumer during the purchase is what defines the breeding conditions. If everyone was ready to buy Chicken Label R *** at 7 € per kilo there would be no scandalous industriesl farms ...

We always fall back into this eternal question in all subjects: are we ready to put the price for quality / save our jobs / preserve the planet?

The other question implied here is are we, ready to go from the consumer society or the quantitative premium quality to a more reasonable society where a consume less often chicken better quality?

Christophe wrote:Anyway foie gras is a product that does not respect animals by definition ...

Although I love foie gras, I am obliged to grant you this remark.
Nevertheless there again, there is force-feeding and force-feeding. Feeding ducks that run outside all day "by hand" is more inhuman than giving layers to live in a cage where they cannot move and which they will only leave to be transformed into food for their fellows ?
In short, we could argue about it for hours ...

Christophe wrote:It's Christine who will "like" this discussion ...
:?: :?: :?:
Why ? She is vegetarian trend BB (the animal protection side, not the side gnangnan or FN rating)?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/06, 16:08

Targol wrote:Why ? She is vegetarian trend BB (the animal protection side, not the side gnangnan or FN rating)?

No no ... she is not BB cool ... but yes she loves animals ... pkoi you think we 2 rabbits and 2 cats? ... Yes I said 2 cats we just adopted a new kitten ... Soon some photos : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 02/10/06, 19:24

Christophe wrote:[..] pkoi you think we have 2 rabbits and 2 cats? [...]
You're right: it is eaten as well as the other! Image
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/10/06, 21:41

Yes, but you have to tear off his eye, to make him bleed ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/10/06, 23:19

Who is Christophe? Why take a look at him ... : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/06, 23:35

Pffffffffff zeeteuhhhhhhh beeeeeeeteuuuuuuuuh !! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x