Econological blogs for visitors of econology?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

Would you create an "ecological" blog?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Christophe

Econological blogs for visitors of econology?

by Christophe » 12/08/06, 16:00

I think about the possibility (to use a little more capacity of the site server) to set up a blog system for econology visitors.

1ere option.

I mean that every visitor will have the opportunity to create his blog if he talks about environment, energy or ecology.

The advantage of the system compared to other existing blog system: to express yourself on a real site (other than a forum), to gather blogs of the same subject (econological) and especially to link them together.

For my part, I think of using 2 or 3 blogs for "me" in order to save and synthesize the most interesting discussions of the forum...

The second option it is to create a single common blog for all econology visitors: everyone could write there news ...

So question: what would you be interested in creating your blog?

Thank you
Last edited by Christophe the 07 / 11 / 06, 18: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/06, 15:13

Well, there's no crowd, huh : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/06, 13:24

Good following the many opinions cited above, I decided to cut the pear: make a community blog!

So I preinstalled an econological blog (secret address for the moment 8) ).

A blog is a very simple site that consists of a succession of news that can be large (like a real article) and be commented by visitors.

I would like to do a community blog because econology is everybody's business, that is to say that anyone who wants it could participate as editor / moderator
knowing that in all cases, all visitors could post comments to the news. A bit like a mini forum.

I want (tell me if I'm wrong) to organize this blog in the following subtopics:

1) Fossil energies
2) Renewable energies (to see if it is necessary to sub-divide according to the number of news)
3) "ecological" products
4) ANTI econological products (actimel style, individual pringle, hummer ... etc etc)
5) The events to see

Etc etc ... Your opinions are welcome!

This blog would also make it possible to "save" the summaries of certain discussions of the forum.

It would replace as and when the "news" of the site "econologie.com" which would be satisfied to diffuse news related to articles written on the site.

Obviously links between 2 sites will be important.

Here is. What do you think of the idea?

To begin with, we would need a team of 5 to 6 writers (we are already 2) motivated to write 1 to 2 "news" (and more if affinities) per week ...

If you are interested (as an editor) please contact me by private message ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/09/06, 14:33

I think the idea is very good but I'm not sure I have enough time to write articles at the pace you say (1 to 2 per week). At the limit, 1 to 2 a month, I might find time ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/06, 14:37

You know an article is not necessarily something exclusive ... resume an info seen on Yahoo or Google Actu for example with quote from the source would be perfect. A bit like what we do on the forum..

It might be best to define editors for each source of information. (X search on google, search on yahoo ... etc etc)?

For the "bigger" items (anti-ecological product style) 1 to 2 per month would be fine ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/09/06, 15:08

Ahhh OK OK OK.

In these conditions, I do not see too much compared to the same news yahoo, google or other posted in a forum and commented by one or the other.

The only difference that I see there is that, the blog being less "moving" by definition than a forum, it might be easier to find an info than in the forum.

At that moment, could we only envisage that the subjects start on the forum, and that depending on the richness of the interventions we transfer them in the blog or not?

Could it avoid "stillborn" blog posts?

Another differentiation could be that we reserve the blog for "timeless" subjects or at least with a fairly long lifespan (styles "advice to consume less", "ecological house", "FAQ pantone", etc .. ) while the forum would contain above all more specific subjects, more linked to a specific topicality (like "the recipe for forbidden nettle manure", "presidential 2007", etc.).

What do you think, Christophe? (and what do you think of the others?)
Basically, to summarize my question, how to differentiate a news "forum"a news" blog "?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/06, 15:15

1) This would bring the news would be targeted, filtered and commented by the visitors.

2) Uh by definition a news "forum" it does not exist ;)

3) Otherwise I think you have understood the idea roughly (I probably misspoke above) and the different "PLUS" that this blog would bring compared to forum...it remains to refine obviously!

If you want I create your account in MP and I give you the url so that you see a little how it works ... It will inspire you no doubt ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/09/06, 13:57

Nobody else is interested to be an editor in this blog? :|

For the moment we are so .... 3: Christine, Targol and me ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/09/06, 19:57

bof. if it's news, I do not really see the interest.

What makes the charm of a blog is that they are small personal texts.

I would prefer everyone to take the time to put in shape a personal reflection or a small note of humor, even if only from time to time.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 28/09/06, 08:59

I think a wiki would be better suited for what you want to do.

On a wiki, any of the econology students can add their stone to the building, and it's also an interesting tool to go through a topic in a really complete way while making cross-checks.

Finally, I think you all know wikipedia based on this principle :)

Personally I do not hesitate to add one or two lines of information on what I know on a wiki, but I do not have time to go around the forum as much as I would like then to register to maintain a blog, even collective ...

Well, that's only my opinion.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.