For lovers of beer (Belgian or other)

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

For lovers of beer (Belgian or other)

by Christophe » 11/08/06, 15:36

Good nothing to do with econology but a little general knowledge it does not hurt eh!

Here is a "small" comparison (664 beers : Shock: ) about (almost) all the beers of the world ... I think some users of this forum will appreciate (follow my look : Cheesy:)

Here are already the definitions (punaiz I have the impression to have been con for a long time the ...):

ABBEY: refers to a beer that, if not currently manufactured in the abbey, was (at best) a few years ago, or more generally is manufactured not far from a monastery (or sometimes its ruins...). To date, few Belgian abbeys (except trappists) who still brew a beer sold. In Germany, some abbeys still produce beer. The Belgian abbey beers are most often distinguished by their quality, they are almost always high fermentation, refermented in bottle, quite strong and unctuous.
Some good Belgian abbey beers: St Benedict, Monseigneur, Good Hope, Leffe, Maredsous, Grimbergen ...

PALLE ALE: Ale, light amber color, refreshing, well hopped and rather dry. Pale Ale belongs to the Ales family (Danish Öl: pure water brewed with slightly roasted barley malt flavored with rosemary), which also includes Mild Ales, Brown Ales and Strong Ales. ...) Some classic Pale Ales: Bass Pale Ale, Martin's Pale Ale ...

GUARD: French beer (traditionally Nord and Pas de Calais) of high fermentation, generally amber, soft and more or less caramelized. Kept for a long time in casks (hence their name). Some classic guards: Jenlain, La Choulette, Season St Médard, Pastor Ale ...

GUEUZE: The true gueuze, specifically Belgian, from the Brussels region, results from a spontaneous fermentation (the yeasts come from the ambient air and are not added by the brewer, they are of the type Brettanomyces brusselensis and Brettanomyces Lambicus, and are found, in the wild, only in the valley of the Senne, around Brussels). From a mixture of lambics (basic product) of different ages (1, 2 and 3 years for good gueuzes), it is a beer very difficult to make, sensitive to atmospheric conditions, long to prepare, and does not fit well with current profitability requirements. That is why, in Belgium itself, some brewers of gueuzes do not hesitate to cut their products with beer of high fermentation, to add sugar, to filter them, to pasteurize them ... to answer, they say, public demands and economic constraints. Currently, France is trying to produce gueuze, which has had the effect of an outcry of Belgian brewers (we understand), the gueuze being legally protected (although its definition leaves something to be desired) in Belgium.

KRIEK: Kriek Lambic is a beer resulting from a mixture of lambic gueuze and cherries (macerated for several months in the gueuze). This is probably the oldest fruity blend of gueuze, more recently appeared mixtures from blackcurrant, raspberry, peach, strawberry, grape, banana, Mirabelle etc ... The French particularly appreciates the krieks Death Sudden and Belle-vue, sweet, filtered, pasteurized, cut, in short: not authentic. To get an idea of ​​a traditional kriek, we can try the lambic Kriek Cantillon. or the Kriek Lambic Girardin.

OUD BRUIN: "Old brunette" in Dutch. Type of high fermentation beer, burgundy-brown, with aroma and sweet and sour taste. One of the most surprising types of beers, which can be very refreshing. Typically represented by the Rodenbach. (in the same vein let's also mention: Vichtenaar, Oud Piro, Zulte, Petrus ...) NB: do not propose to brown mothers and susceptible ...

PILS: The Pils classically refers to a low-fermentation, blond-colored beer, whose name derives from lagers made from 1842 in the city of PLZEN (Czech Republic). The Czech beers, generally known for the quality and the softness of their waters, have since the nineteenth century, experienced a great craze throughout Europe. Even today, this type of "original" beer is easily found under brands such as Pilsner Urquell, Budweiser Budvar, Wenzels ... The copies derived from these beers have even had greater success than the real Pils, since today the global market is dominated by brands such as Heineken, Stella Artois, Kronenbourg, Carlsberg, which have outgrown their models in quantities sold and notoriety, but rarely in quality.
The most famous Pils in France are among the following: Meteor, 1664, Kanterbrau, Jupiler, Heineken, 33 export ... which together with some others constitute more than 80% of the overall beer consumption; because, do not forget, the first quality of a pils is to be light and to refresh.
In this sense, the Pils is the world's first beer.

STOUT: High fermentation beer brewed with roasted (not malted) barley, black in color, with a slightly caramelized and toasty flavor, strongly hopped. There are 3 type of stouts: Bitter Stout (dry, bitter, about 4.5% alcohol), Milk Stout (sweeter, containing lactose), Russian Stout (also called Barley Wine, very strong in alcohol) (10% vol.), Sweet). The typical example of bitter stout is Guinness, which exists in very different versions (Belgian version: 7%, caramelized, French version: taste of smoked, pungent, Irish version 'Draft' (pressure, but in bottle, delivered with a syringe that allows to obtain a real cream, by re-injecting beer into the glass, sold only in Ireland and can be GB), its foam (pressure or bottle version 'draft') is very stable and very creamy (Appearance of 0% white cheese), its taste is potent bitterness, its flavor is dry, let's mention the Irish Murphy's, also remarkable for the pressure.

TRAPPER: Beer made exclusively by or under the control of Trappist monks (Cistercians reformed from strict observance). Very strong, refermented in bottle, they are excellent beers of high fermentation. Currently, only 6 abbeys in the world produce Trappist beers (Orval, Westmalle, Rochefort, Chimay, St Sixtus, Koningshoeven). The name 'Trappist' has its origin in the abbey of ND Grande Trappe, founded in 1140 by Rotrou II, Count of Perche, Soligny (Orne). This abbey, initially Benedictine, then Cistercian from 1148, was reformed in 1664 by the abbot of Rancé. It is the main abbey of the Cistercians reformed of the strict observance, called 'Trappists' whose abbey of Cîteaux is the abbatial general siege (Cîteaux: Cistercians). Trappists are, to our taste (with real Belgian lambics and a few other exceptions), the best beers in the world. Having a real story, they are used to finance works. Capiteuses and rare, they are a proof of the existence of God.

MALT: Barley germinated artificially, dried and reduced to flour, used to make beer. Depending on whether the barley used has been more or less heated, the malt, likewise, will have a more or less accentuated coloration (evolving from pale to brown, passing by the amber, the roux ...) which will determine the color some beer. Some roasted malts are used to give the beer a dark color and a particular toasty taste. (Guinness, Brown St Médard Season ...)
Some people consider malt as the marrow of beer and hops as his soul, the malt has a rather deep smell.

HOP: (former Dutch Hoppe) Climbing plant, cultivated for its cones, used to flavor beer, growing up to 8 m high, of the family Cannabinaceae. The hops were once grown on wooden stems, it now grows on stretched wire. On the European continent, only female hop flowers are used to flavor beer and give it bitterness.
Some types of hops are known for their bitterness while others are bright with their aroma, so the brewer can use several hops to make his beer. Among the main varieties of hops are Brewers' gold, Northern brewer (Kent), Hallerthau (Germany), Poperinge (Belgian Flanders), Saaz (Bohemia) ...
Hops have a difficult-to-define smell that is similar to wet straw, some cheeses or plant material. To visit: the hops museum in Poperinge (Belgian Flanders)

And here is the comparative table:

Excel format : https://www.econologie.com/forums/public2/bieres.xls

OpenOffice format: https://www.econologie.com/forums/public2/bieres.sxc
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 08 / 06, 19: 05, 3 edited once.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 11/08/06, 15:47

: Shock:
Come on, a little for the weekend:
"Mr and Mrs" pudebièredanle fridge "have a son, what do they call him?"

I leave you the honor to place it in the palmares ...

Answer: Roger, because "Rrrrroooohhh, I got beer in the fridge!" (/ Roger Pudebièredanlefrigo)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/06, 16:03

Pfffu am sucker in the riddles ... I edited your post to read the answer : Mrgreen:

I specify that there is 664 beer "tested" ... is almost 2 years 1 beer per day : Cheesy:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 14/08/06, 14:13

Belgian beers? No need for pompous comparisons: Orval, Rochefort and Mac Chouffe form the Holy Trinity of the Hooch : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/08/06, 18:57

Do you know that there is an establishment in Brussels that displays a map of 2006 beer names.

the above card has the format phone book and when you ask on the terrace, you are asked a deposit
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/06, 19:05

elephant wrote:Do you know that there is an establishment in Brussels that displays a map of 2006 beer names.

2006 ?? : Shock: : Shock: Without dec ??

And they are all in stock?

What is the name of the Tavern, history that I spend there when I'm in Brussels?
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 20/09/10, 14:10

And besides, there is now a good reason to drink fresh beer!

Ancient Egyptian mystery solved?
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/10, 14:14

What makes you think my reasons were not good before? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

What in 2 sentences the article?

ps: "beer god" I also have one !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 20/09/10, 14:33

However, fermentation naturally produces "tetracycline" type antibiotics.

They realized because some mummies have fluorescent teeth, they wondered why. Now tetracycline makes the teeth fluorescent: they have looked for possible sources, and in particular the Streptomyces ferment whose tetracycline is extracted. And this ferment was used for beer, but also for some kinds of bread.

I would not be surprised if this is also the case for yogurt and cheese: but you may like it less : Evil:

In short, we have not invented anything at all: we live in synergy / symbiosis with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Wanting to kill them is not the right solution ...
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/10, 14:47

Ok thank you it's clearer : Cheesy: ! But I already knew that beer was good for health (except for the next day ... in some cases :D )

As for the symbiosis, I agree, pkoi do you believe that the alergies skyrocket since 20 years?

This is what happens when you live in a world too accepted / too vaccinated: the immune system is not working enough and is mistaken targets ...
0 x