Propaganda vignette

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Propaganda vignette

by Woodcutter » 03/07/06, 11:15

I received this this morning from someone who is reliable enough for this kind of news ...
Hello,

I do not know if you read the textbooks, but I liked the photos and small boxes easy to read ... Pile hair! The Magnard manual has aimed to discredit movements against GMOs!

The action related to the text that follows is easy ... to you to see and see soon. Do not hesitate to pass.

Jean-Philippe

-----------------------------------
Éditions Magnard offers a new pro-GMO school textbook, or the
propaganda of seed companies in schools.

At the beginning of September 2006, a new program of history and geography
Will be implemented in the first STG (management science and technology).
Eight publishers have prepared manuals. In each high school, the teams of
teachers chose one for the school.

In geography, the program focuses on France and Europe. It is declined
In three general themes: "European territories", "
And mobility in France "," dynamics of localization of activities in
France. "These themes should give rise to case studies,
students should study and summarize several
documents.

This year, MAGNARD is doing a lot of work on GMOs.
"Activities" in France, he proposes a study of the agro-industrial sector
corn. In the 210-211 pages, a series of documents deal with the problem of
irrigation (too much water for maize) and on GMOs.

A photograph shows volunteers mowers back, facing
Gendarmes and the teams of the Limagrain company. This is the action of
Marsat, from 14 August 2004. The caption of the photo is "the collective of
Voluntary mowers attempts to destroy a GM corn field defended by
farmers, researchers and law enforcement ".

Excerpts from a text by JP Charvet (academic reference geographer
On the issue of food in the world) explain that GMOs
Will increase yields, meet demand
Industry and to "better manage environmental problems" (sic) in
evoking pesticides and water. This text dates from 1997 !!!

Anyone seriously informed knows 1 ° that GMOs do not increase the
yields only marginally and in the short run 2 ° that they do not exist GMOs
to solve the problem of 3 ° water than pesticide pollution
Increases with GMOs 4 ° and of course that GMOs are a major problem
For the environment (wide, uncontrollable and irreversible contamination).

JP Charvet is a geographer who does not analyze geographical phenomena
From the perspective of geopolitical and social issues, and which only considers
Technological "progress" to address the problem of hunger in the world.
One of the reasons for this is its inaugural conference at the
geography of St Dié des Vosges in 2004. The work of Sylvie Brunel, by
Example, illustrate other approaches to these issues.

Here are the pages in question:
http://www.monde-solidaire.org/spip/IMG ... ard_p1.jpg
http://www.monde-solidaire.org/spip/IMG ... ard_p2.jpg

Note that other publishers do not address the theme of GMOs.

Jean-Yves Bou, history-geography teacher, Millau high school

Faced with this manifest and intolerable propaganda MAGNARD editions, I
invite you to send a message to each of the following three addresses:

sce. Teachers@magnard.fr
c.uhel@magnard.fr
f.dally@magnard.fr

This message may be:
-----------------------------------------------

Dear,

We learned of the scandalously partisan and scientifically false content of the textbook of history geography of the first STG of Éditions Magnard. Indeed, you present GMOs only in terms of their so-called benefits, without critical thinking or debate.

However, anyone seriously informed knows that 1 ° GMOs increase yields only marginally and in the short term 2 ° that there is no GMO to solve the problem of water 3 ° that pesticide pollution increases with GMOs 4 ° and of course that GMOs are a major problem for the environment (wide, uncontrollable and irreversible contamination).

We solemnly ask you to remove the text 14 p 210 and replace it with a text that introduces the debate, or to accompany it with a text that proposes anti-GMO arguments.

you can easily find such documents on the website: www.monde-solidaire.org/spip/rubriq ... Or on the greenpeace sites, infogm.

In advance thank you for your effort of rectification and your answer.

So, I do not know if some people feel concerned here ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/08/06, 14:41

I had not seen this post before. he appeared during my vacation. It is lamentable this misinformation. But the worst is that it starts well before.

In Ce2, children have exercises called "self dictation". This is to make them memorize a small text (+/- 5 lines) that they must then recite in writing without mistakes in class. So far so good.

To do my homework for my son, I made him (he passes in CM2 this year) recite his self-dictations. I was frightened by the theme of 2 consecutive texts that I will give you from memory without the exact terms but with the tone and the approximate idea of ​​the text:

: Arrow: the new window: This week at the bank a new ATM was installed. Right away, it's the craze. The whole village is queuing to get money: it's so simple! Just insert his card and type in his code to get beautiful new tickets.

Go, barely 7ans and we are already beginning to teach them to link voluntarily to the banking system.

: Arrow: the grocery store : In the supermarket car park, it's the ballet of the caddies. Some enter the shop with empty trolleys when the others come out, their trolleys filled with a multitude of products of all colors.

Well I remember more of the rest but the general idea is there, the supermarkets are your girlfriends kids. Shopping is good ...

It's true that in France, there are very few talented authors, pretty poetic texts. It is normal to be forced to lay a text yourself. And if by the way we can do a little stuffing skulls ... : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/08/06, 14:52

It's very normal that we (those who reject this "formatting") make us pass for sectaries ... So much so much grave but so "normal" not to say "banal" ... after in such a "world"

To return to the GMO, I find that this documentary summarizes well the question: https://www.econologie.com/telechargement-2957.html
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"