Since we have too much oil ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Since we have too much oil ...

by Targol » 11/05/06, 18:11

... the Americans have invented a concept for wealthy people who want to spend lots of it in the most stupid way possible: the underwater yatch !!! : Cry:

To see the extent of the damage (or if you have a castle with very deep moats that you want to visit : Cheesy: ), it's here : http://www.ussubs.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

Re: Since we have too much oil ...

by Christophe » 11/05/06, 18:36

Targol wrote:... the Americans have invented a concept for wealthy people who want to spend lots of it in the most stupid way possible: the underwater yatch !!! : Cry:

Do not laugh too quickly on the ricans ... I saw a report on a French SME which was established in Dubai to do the same thing ...

As for the concept there is more to say: it is one more toy for the wealthy who no longer know what to do with their $$$ ... while 2 Billion humans there is barely enough to eat. .. :|
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 11/05/06, 19:41

I am more and more desperate to see with what frenzy the vast majority of humanity presses on the accelerator as the world goes into the wall : Cry:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/06, 20:48

Money, power ...
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 11/05/06, 21:54

Targol wrote:I am more and more desperate to see with what frenzy the vast majority of humanity presses on the accelerator as the world goes into the wall : Cry:

We used to say that the wall is best at the foot of the wall...
but there it becomes it's in the wall that you can't see anything anymore ...

I finally :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: : Shock:
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/05/06, 22:22

Econology wrote:Money, power ...

Hello
No, it's the 3P rule

dough
Power
Policy

There are more and more poor people,
less wealthy means, but some very wealthy and living in a bubble.
However the democratic system does not allow tax to become richer than the government ...

Andre
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 11/05/06, 23:41

Andre wrote:However the democratic system does not allow tax to become richer than the government ...

Andre

With us we have the ISF to compensate for this and this results in the flight of capital ...
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/06, 10:38

lau wrote:With us we have the ISF to compensate for this and this results in the flight of capital ...

Lau ... if you think that it penalizes the ultra rich ... the ISF is especially made to tax the rich means cited by André ...

André for your 3 P I do not agree ... since power and politics are almost synonymous ... on the other hand I hesitated to put SEX but it was a bit off topic.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 12/05/06, 10:51

Econology wrote:since power and politics are almost synonymous ...

I do not entirely agree with this statement: in my opinion, politics is one of the means of gaining power, but it is not necessarily the only one (nor necessarily the most effective).

Nowadays, in this world where the pogon - initially invented to help man in his exchanges - has become the master of the planet and of humanity, the multinationals are becoming more and more powerful and their power far exceeds that of some states. Just look at laws like the CPE or even certain aspects of the European constitution that has been presented to us: politicians are becoming more and more servants of multinationals and their role is to pass laws to facilitate the job of corporate control over all aspects of our lives : Evil: .

Demonstration by example: in your opinion, between the President of Luxembourg and that of EADS for example, which one has the most power?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 12/05/06, 14:06

Booof ... that or a trip to space ... :|
0 x