It's been about 30 years...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

It's been about 30 years...

by phil59 » 19/08/22, 21:03

The last time I had a flash on the road was about 30 years ago...

I don't even know if there were points at the time, but I will have lost 1 point on the motorway at the time, limited to 80 or 90, at the time, and taken at 100...

About 15 days ago, I received a very nice little letter from the French Republic.

And I remember that in this corner, I overtook, with doubt, a car that was a little stuck. (I have to clear myself a little, but still, which was corking)...

And hop, received a stammer, you, finally my car, 117 km/h, instead of 80...

At this place, for sure, to get to that, it was during an overtaking, no road above 80 to 20 km from there, on my route.

It's me, by someone in the family.

So retained at 105 km / h, car with onboard radar, instead of 80.

2 points, and €90, paying immediately.

Even when I drive fast on the road, I don't exceed 90 km/h on the road at 80, it's ultra safe.

So there are on-board radars, even on a Sunday, on the departmental road.

All I hope is that it's not a behavior of the radar car, to overtake them.

When I told you that the VE accelerates a lot... Next time, I'll drive in a tank! :P

This is also why I prefer section speed cameras, which can withstand a slight overrun, not like an "immediate" speed camera, at a given moment.

So, Macro, be careful while driving at 130, on departmental, constantly.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: It's been about 30 years...

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/08/22, 21:22

Re-special dedication to Macro:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/08/22, 21:55

I know why, but I thought of you for the first answer, but less cool!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/22, 21:58

At the beginning of your message, I thought you were referring to a premonitory flash, so I'm disappointed! : Oops:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/08/22, 22:16

oh but that...

cars at 70-80 or even 85...

When you want to move forward a little... you have to pass them, and not dawdle in double file... We learn on the license that you need about 30 km/h more so as not to drag.

Trucks are worse, they are long, I don't hesitate to send wood in double file. I calm down afterwards.

Obviously if the blues are there, they feast.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/08/22, 22:36

Remundo wrote:oh but that...

cars at 70-80 or even 85...

When you want to move forward a little... you have to pass them, and not dawdle in double file... We learn on the license that you need about 30 km/h more so as not to drag.

Trucks are worse, they are long, I don't hesitate to send wood in double file. I calm down afterwards.

Obviously if the blues are there, they feast.

Yes, I confirm, because on expressways, if you drive only 5 km/h more, it's super long....

And at this place, "dubbing" authorized, but alternately, one lane, then the other, and so on, but short distance, so lean a little, a little too much, and presto, you don't go through the square one, and you don't touch the 20 of monopoly .... but that's the rule of the game.

Rules of the game, a little debatable, but it is there.

In the area where I pass much further, the road is limited to 70, then, 20m (more or less!) after the town entrance sign, it's 50, with the radar, which is fine, of course.

Another is 90, then 70 right after, with a radar less than 50m after...

If it's not "catch" idiots, it's just like.

It is necessary, but not like that.

Plus cars that drive at 70 according to waze in front of speed cameras at 90 ... but hey, that's another topic.
1 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/08/22, 22:41

Ahmed wrote:At the beginning of your message, I thought you were referring to a premonitory flash, so I'm disappointed! : Oops:

Those there have not yelled enough for almost 50 years... They whisper, and unfortunately, only appear as a possibility...
0 x

Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 20/08/22, 09:18

I almost never overtake, except agricultural machinery and cassos (cars without a license)
Those who irritate me the most in the car are just those who are unable to maintain a constant speed... like a sudden 90, and 1km further 70 for no reason.
For those there, with the electric car it has the adaptive cruise control, I let it manage, so not much of a problem.
With the van from work it's more complicated, it only has a simple regulator, so you have to grope around to find the average speed of the bullet you're following.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/08/22, 10:41

It's true, it's even worse...

I'm almost always on cruise control, adaptive, and it's obvious when the car you're following doesn't have cruise control, or isn't engaged...

And currently, on the 4000 km/month that I do, I see a lot...

Adaptive is good for that, but tends to leave a lot of distance behind the vehicle you're following, even when setting to the minimum...

It's a security, and I think there will be a day when it will be useful to me ... but at the same time, when you're on the fast lane, at 110, and a vehicle is going at 80-90 , you quickly lose speed, and you have to stay longer in the left lane to overtake.... if you see what I mean, it's a bit of a perverse effect of the system....
0 x