Anti-troll method: the AB-C test, let's go!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Anti-troll method: the AB-C test, let's go!

by Christophe » 27/12/20, 19:29

I told you about it a few days ago here: bistro / listing-of-trolls-of-forum-t16381-220.html # p424087 with the promise to apply it during the truce of the confectioners ... Here we are ...

This is to temporarily ban the most disruptive members (troll method ...) from the forum and see how the vibe on the forum evolves during this period ... Like the AB testing method well known to computer scientists.

A period of "forced break" of 7 days from Sunday evening to Sunday evening...- between 18 p.m. and 20 p.m.- will be applied to these members. 7 days may seem long, but it is a minimum to be able to analyze the method correctly.

For the first "season" (27/12 to 3/01) there will be only 2 members, particularly swelling and unpleasant * in recent days, who will have their account temporarily disabled. For the following ones, this number may increase but it will still not be 2 minimum.

The names of "nominated AB-C members" are not not made public (but you will discover them quite quickly in the exchanges)

The evaluation criteria are, among others, the general atmosphere and participation.

Final decisions will be taken, or not, after several seasons ... since we have to compare!

The creation of a new "claim" account by the member in question will imply his definitive ban without notice or discussion. But each "AB-C member" can make observations or complaints by email here: https://www.econologie.com/contactez-nous/

The account of the concerned will be reactivated without intervention on their part and a notification by PM / email will be sent to them at that time.

* among themselves or for others ...
2 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Anti-troll method: the AB-C test, let's go!

by Macro » 28/12/20, 09:36

18 to 20 p.m. only? Why not a curfew? To impose a daily rest of 11 consecutive hours ... As provided by the labor code ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 28/12/20, 11:13

Christophe wrote:The names of "nominated AB-C members" are not not made public (but you will discover them quite quickly in the exchanges)

it is done ! : Lol: Since I'm a Troll magnet (but I'm also looking for) and here I am oddly quiet, like in a no-mans-land after a nuclear explosion, a little haggard ...
I thought also.
Will this give way to the timid who did not dare to speak in front of these big names on the keyboard?

For sure there is a void as they took up space. You have to leave time in the middle to find a balance.
Not sure that in 1 week big changes take place.
Far be it from me to extend the ban period, I just want to say that the new blood may not have time to arrive.
wait and see ...
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/20, 12:14

Macro wrote:18 to 20 p.m. only? Why not a curfew? To impose a daily rest of 11 consecutive hours ... As provided by the labor code ...

Ah yes that would be another possibility ... but as with the real curfew there is a chance that it will produce the same effects: we do more before the curfew ...

For the rest I wanted to say that the blocking and unblocking were done on Sunday evenings between 18 and 20 p.m. ... that is to say that they will be blocked for 7 consecutive days.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/20, 12:16

eclectron wrote:Will this give way to the timid who did not dare to speak in front of these big names on the keyboard?

This is one of the goals of this method, yes!

eclectron wrote:wait and see ...

Yes, there is only that to do ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/12/20, 12:23

I understood that you were only blocking them 2 hours a day ... Ha yeah ... A week ... It's going to be a vacation ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 28/12/20, 14:15

eclectron wrote:
Christophe wrote:The names of "nominated AB-C members" are not not made public (but you will discover them quite quickly in the exchanges)

Will this give way to the timid who did not dare to speak in front of these big names on the keyboard?

Hello,

cadors, cadors ... I would rather say pitbull

yves
2 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/12/20, 14:32

yves35 wrote:
eclectron wrote:

Hello,

cadors, cadors ... I would rather say pitbull

yves

I would even say more .... Jewish mother .... Because the pit bull, after a while, he lets go .... : Mrgreen:

No anti-Semitism on my part there .... Words collected from a Jewish woman that I carried in my taxi ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/21, 14:04

Mea culpa, launching this method during the holiday season is unfair and awkward: there is necessarily a disturbed participation during these days ... (less strong however this year than the others ... obviously but still disturbed)

I therefore decided to extend the blocking of the 1st session by 7 additional days.

Sorry for both concerned: it's for the good of this forum !

In the end, each session will therefore certainly be over 14 days, it is true that 7 is a bit tight as said above ...
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/01/21, 14:57

Christophe wrote:Mea culpa, launching this method during the holiday season is unfair and awkward:

Just a personal opinion, which engages only me: if you consider that it was unfair and awkward, the best would be to restore the rights to post of these two people as planned after a week, and then to see if it had an impact on their behavior, even if it means repeating it later.
1 x