Yes ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Yes ...

by Grelinette » 26/12/18, 14:25

Catastrophic announcements and forecasts continue and grow in size and severity from year to year or even month to month. Since it is difficult to foresee the future and to anticipate the human and life-saving reactions of life on earth, let us know why, when and how we got there ...

I imagine that since the hand of man first set foot on earth, there has been a multitude of crossroads, choices to be made or choices imposed by chance and occasional competitions.
I also imagine that some choices have pushed humanity on dangerous tracks, but lucrative for some.

In short, if ...

- in 1899, the industrialists had favored the electric car rather than the petrol car, would we today have the level of lethal pollution that scares us so much?

What do you think are the bad choices or bad historical orientations that have brought humanity to where it is today?

Happy end of the year anyway!
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: If ...

by Janic » 26/12/18, 15:52

What do you think are the bad choices or bad historical orientations that have brought humanity to where it is today?
already having consumed the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil without being prepared. : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/12/18, 18:16

It's a good basic idea for a novel of technological and societal uchronia ... to your feathers! 8)
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 26/12/18, 19:07

Speaking of novels ... a few years ago I participated in the writing of a novel on the internet in the style of "Exquisite Corpse": from a defined theme, a first internet user wrote a beginning of story, then one following it, then another, etc.
In the end, the story takes body and intricates according to the imagination of each.

Come on, I'm starting : Cheesy: :

After a big explosion, as the thick green smoke was just beginning to dissipate in the lab and we could still hear the sparks crackling from the four corners of the room to the ceiling, the professor readjusted his round glasses, rubbed his white coat that had covered with a thousand glittering glitter, then looked up and addressed the students: well my children, what a beautiful experience! This is an unexpected and fantastic result that will change the face of the world. We must give it a name.
The students all raised their hands, and one of them exclaimed ....

Following.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/12/18, 20:16

Interesting, I will participate :)

Well, I did not know that originally the exquisite corpse was a literary game! I stayed on the game of mixed drawings of children ... : Cheesy:

The lengths of each participant must be more or less the same lengths I imagine?

ps: in the end how many participants wrote the novel of your experience, can we find it somewhere?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 26/12/18, 20:53

Grelinette wrote:

in 1899, the manufacturers had favored the electric car rather than the gas-powered car, would we now have the level of lethal pollution that scares us so much?

I do not think that it was the "choice" of manufacturers who led us to use thermal vehicles to the detriment of electric vehicles, but rather the technical limits of the time, particularly in terms of storage.
The fairy electricity is everywhere, why the hell would he have denied access to the car?

The fact of having given up making choices precisely ... and therefore being driven by determinism.
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 26/12/18, 21:04

Christophe,
will have to create a new topic for the exquisite corpse. Who knows, it may be an econological bestseller!
Here is the origin of the expression "Exquisite Corpse"
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/12/18, 12:52

Yes I came across the same wiki page yesterday :)

Agree for the new subject but with what title?

Genre "Let's write a cooperative Cadavre Exquis novel?

But you who already have experience that you propose?

We continue on your intro? Must be how much at least? You did not answer: where is your first experience of this kind?
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 27/12/18, 13:13

Grelinette wrote:Catastrophic announcements and forecasts continue and grow in size and severity from year to year or even month to month. Since it is difficult to foresee the future and to anticipate the human and life-saving reactions of life on earth, let us know why, when and how we got there ...

The only thing to check are the facts. But catastrophic announcements and forecasts have no reliability, and there are no more "catastrophes" today than yesterday.
End of the story.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/12/18, 13:29

Exnihiloest wrote:The only thing to check are the facts. But catastrophic announcements and forecasts have no reliability, and there are no more "catastrophes" today than yesterday.
End of the story.

What is a pity with the internet is that we gave the floor to cons ...

0 x