no results for the cushy !!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

no results for the cushy !!

by lau » 17/02/06, 23:19

On the soleol site selling pantone kits by mail order, they warn of one thing:

To achieve good savings, it is necessary that the engine is running at a good speed. This kit is therefore especially recommended for people with 4x4s in the mountains, for those who tow a trailer, for those who make long journeys on the motorway... It is not really useful for city traffic, short journeys, "cushy" driving

Basically if you drive plan plan, you're grilled for the pantone!!! : Cheesy:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 17/02/06, 23:56

Ha ha ha : Cheesy: :D : Cheesy: and if you drive the levers fully, what do you save?
You consume 10L per 100km minus 20% savings with Pantone equals 8L.
While driving cushy you do 8l/100km direct without Pantone.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/02/06, 10:54

lau : Arrow:

In fact, that's it!

The pantone performs well in constant rpm and high rpm, e.g. long highway drive at 130.

This is true of lawn mowers, tractors or the very large displacement of Americans who consume so much that the slightest fuel saving is immediately significant; That's what I understand from what I've read everywhere.

For city traffic, the best, I think, is the Citroën C3 "stop and go" system (I'm not at all sure of the name of the system) which stops the engine during a stop (queue, red light, stop, etc.) and restarts it as soon as you press the accelerator; there at least we don't throw crap..ries in the lungs of passers-by (NOx, particles, benzene and co.) while we're stopped. Moreover, this is true in Paris, because since Delanoë widened the bus lanes, there is more pollution than before! and why? and indeed according to the studies (to be found), there are many vehicles in traffic jams or at a standstill and the expected result is the opposite of that expected : Lol: :!:

Imagine that all these teuf-teuf at the stop stop their teuf-teuf....what a good air in Paris.

Besides, for lack of anything better, if I had to buy myself a small car to drive around town, I believe that it would be this C3. Of course I prefer the hybrid TOYOTA Prius (because it switches to electric propulsion very often for cushy driving and a lot in town, and recharges its batteries on descents / decelerations, but it is far too expensive), but I think that this C3 is not bad. : Mrgreen:

PITMIX : Arrow:

Going back to the pantone, I may be too pessimistic, I hope that's the case and I wish you good luck PITMIX for your adjustments.

Andre : Arrow:

By the way, what are André's exact results in terms of pollution and fuel economy?

Another thing: it also seems to me that, given what I've read, it works better on diesels (if at least it removes NOx and some of the particles, that's always a win for pollution ).
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 18/02/06, 12:12

I believe that André borders on the 30% maximum savings.
As for driving, I doubt that the pantone will be effective with nervous accelerations going up in the turns.
It is common knowledge that water doping is more effective on torquey engines operating at low revs such as vans (3000 rpm) or tractors (optimum working speed/PTO speed around 1800 revs).
For the Toyota prius, I heard that the electric range was ridiculously low (- 10km?), and wouldn't the incessant starting and restarting of the internal combustion engine in town risk damaging the engine?
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/02/06, 12:45

Congratulations to André, but his vehicles are very large petrol engines?

I have the commercial doc of the Prius in front of me:

- I don't see the autonomy in petrol alone, but I have the performance: very efficient electric motor, it instantly delivers its maximum torque. The combination of the electric motor and the petrol engine provides acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 10,9 seconds, which is a performance equivalent to that of a 2-litre petrol or diesel engine.

The displacement of the Prius is 1500 cm3, power 77 hp at 5000 rpm, torque 115 mkg at 400 t; the electric motor has a maximum power of 68 hp at "1200 to 1540 rpm".

Fuel tank = 45 liters. consumption = urban cycle: 5l/100
extra-urban cycle: 4,2 l/100; combined cycle: 4,3 l/100.

CO2 emissions: 104 g/km.

The batteries + the electrical system are guaranteed for 8 years.

For autonomy in gasoline it is not 10 km you must confuse with another electric city, although Bolloré has just released a pure electric one with a range of 200 km (not sure).

Finally, there have been very conclusive tests over thousands of kms in all conditions, and the testers are very satisfied (we find that on google).

When my R25 GPL has given up the ghost and if there are subsidies, it is possible that I go for it
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/02/06, 12:46

The autonomy of the batteries of the prius does not matter since the internal combustion engine constantly recharges them.
For stops and restarts I think like you except that on the C3 "Start and go" the start is not done in the same way as on your car. When you step on the accelerator the engine does not start. So I think it's less stressful for the mechanics. There must be a variator on the starter or a system that reduces compression at startup, I don't know. On industrial refrigeration compressors, power reduction solenoid valves are used. The start-ups are done in several stages. 25% 50% 75% 100% power.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 19/02/06, 00:20

Exactly PIT..

For me this Prius is the top right now. I have read several tests on this car and I am really convinced that it is the best, the only problem is the high price (23000 euros approx).

Difficult to break the bank to send a little less CO2 than the friends.

It has a great success in the USA but they are stuffed with tunes, it costs them much less than buying a big Humwey 4x4 (not sure of the spelling) finally that of the army.
This year, I saw 3 of them in France (from Humwey): one near my home, one in St Tropez in May, and one in Toulouse in November in a small street near the Place du Capitole, he almost stayed stuck because it did not pass, even retro folded (too wide) :!:
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 19/02/06, 00:56

You probably meant Hummer! Arnold scharzenneger has 3 or 4 on his ranch in california.
And you in May you are in st tropez!?? : Cheesy: quiet!!
It's really a coincidence but we have to talk about it so that I see a guy with a toy prius this afternoon at the recycling center. I questioned the guy for 2 minutes: the autonomy of the electric motor is 5km, there is a button to switch, and the cash register costs 29000€.
When we love we do not count! :D
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 19/02/06, 04:12

For me the top will be released soon and it's French, it's the hybrid C4 HDI. Supposedly rejection of 90gr of CO2 per km and 3,5l of Diesel per 100km. But I still prefer the 200km range compressed air car that I saw yesterday on the A3 motorway. There is even another version in hybrid compressed air/diesel 1000km of autonomy.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 19/02/06, 09:51

PITMIX wrote:But I still prefer the 200km range compressed air car that I saw yesterday on the A3 motorway.

She was double-crossing you?
Where does this one come from?
I knew that of MDI-Nègre, who played at the Arlésienne...
And then all of a sudden, a compressed air car, on a highway? : Shock:
0 x