Setting notifications by e-mail or on the forum

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

How do you use notifications?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Christophe

Setting notifications by e-mail or on the forum

by Christophe » 03/03/16, 15:02

phpBB 3.1 has a great notification system: live on the forum (when connected via the small bell at the top right of the menu) and / or by e-mail. It is of course configurable on a case by case basis.

For example you can be notified if someone has quoted you in a subject, even an old message that dates from before the migration to this new forum. So very interesting to restart interesting discussions!

In terms of settings, this happens here: your profile, preferences of forum, edit notification methods.

I advise you the following settings (history not to be bombarded with mails anyway ...):

After you can check everything if you want ... It's case by case!

There is also a conservation of the history of your notifications here: overview, manage notifications.

notifications_historique.png
notifications_historic.png (44.85 Kio) Viewed 19544 times

The history of notifications (views) is kept for 6 months ... which leaves a lot of time for members to "turn around" and rummage through a past notification.

If you have any comments, they are welcome.
0 x
Christophe

Re: phpBB 3.1: setting notifications by e-mail or on the forum

by Christophe » 03/03/16, 15:24

Ah if you come regularly on the forum: you can uncheck all notifications by e-mail of course ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/18, 16:29

The e-mail notification system of the forum has been improved! They now have active links (uh we're in 2018 say some, yes I know it's not too early), so it's much more convenient and easy to use

I advise you subscribe to topics that interest you so you do not miss anything and activate subscription notifications by e-mail (it's completely deactivatable: to use as long as the subject interests you).

I also advise toactivate email notifications for "Quotes" and "PM", see for "Message liked".

You can set your notifications here
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/18, 16:42

For subscriptions this is done on each subject like this:

Subscribe:
abo.jpg
abo.jpg (93.32 Kio) Viewed 17868 times

Unsubscribe:
desabo.jpg
desabo.jpg (68.44 KIO) Viewed 17868 times

2 method to unsubscribe: manage your subscription in your profile

3 method to unsubscribe: click on the notification e-mail link (if e-mail notification)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/18, 11:00

You can automate notifications without the need to subscribe (an auto subscription) after participating in a topic by checking YES to "Receive a default notification when posting a new reply" on this page
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/18, 11:02

ps: it's obviously reversible ... (case by case)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/18, 21:36

The subject falls well because I was going to write a few words on the subject.

I do not know exactly what has changed but personally it's better.

Quite simply because in the previous version the links were not clickable NI with my mail software under Windows NI with my mail software under Android.

While now the links are clickable which is significantly more convenient Image

There was only Android that I had done a lot of tests with the previous version and a lot of software "descendants" of K2 had the same problem of displaying non-clickable links.

For info Windows Foxmail software version 7.0.93 (and especially not the latest versions)
And Android: Inomail (old version ... and especially not the last)

In summary tip top this evolution.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/18, 22:48

Bin you do not know exactly but you answered by yourself :) That's it, I made sure that all the emails sent by the forum are "clickable" ... better late than never eh! (on computer we could get by on smartphone or tablet a non-clickable link is useless ... or you have to be very motivated to copy / paste)

Anyway glad you like it!

I am also setting up an automatic sending of summaries of the activity of the forums... at the moment I am still testing and configuring ...

Those who want to test can go to their profile, tab "Summaries" ... it's still mostly in English ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/18, 22:58

Christophe wrote:Bin you do not know exactly but you answered by yourself :) That's it, I made sure that all emails sent by the forum are "clickable" ... better late than never eh!

Anyway glad you like it!

I am also setting up an automatic sending of summaries of the activity of the forums... at the moment I am still testing and configuring ...

Those who want to test can go to their profile, tab "Summaries" ... it's still mostly in English ...

Ah, great for this evolution ...

I signed up for the summary of the activity.

I work with Forumactive finally just as manager of a forum.
It's a bit like gardening: the less I do it and the better I go : Mrgreen:
At the time I did not want to type hosting and ESPECIALLY the management of the database which out of my computer skills. : Shock:

Otherwise, as long as you're there, there's no RSS feed forum?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/18, 23:25

Ah yes it's rather painful at times but you have to go if you want to put new features ... and manage security ... and comfort of users.

You can help me optimize the configuration of summaries ... if you want?

For the moment I do not like it, the mails are too complicated and heavy.

I disabled the RSS feed because it is not used too much ... am I wrong?
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"