Internet advertising: the free content ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

Do you use an ad blocker?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Christophe

Internet advertising: the free content ...

by Christophe » 25/02/16, 22:02

More and more people (up to 70% in some categories of online, see item below ...) use advertisements blockers without really understanding the consequence of that use: because blocking the pub is ultimately kill the free content model on the internet that allowed the rise of free content in recent years 20 ...

Some sites are abusing this is clear (like popups repeatedly or redirect shit shit where a video will automatically load that promises to make you a millionaire in 1 an..ou worst ass ...) but for others ( econology which I have always refused to put the non-intrusive and targeted advertising, it's a question of survival of the "free" model...

Donations you will say: I tried, some beautiful one-off donations (re Thanks to donors passages) but nothing that should sustain the site each month ... and the shop, with its expenses, just sufficient for make me live now (crisis, competition from big sites ...)

In short all this to say that I invite you to read this excellent article on the subject, very complete and I plusoye to 100% of blockers advertising: http://www.nextinpact.com/news/78873-ad ... reagir.htm

At the action level, I'm now testing the following: users who block ads will no longer be able to read topics from forums (to access them yes but no longer to read them, they can complain I would refer them to this subject, especially as the advertising is discreet and well targeted "econology", so no reason to block it).

This blockage is not valid for members (even those using a blocker)!

Edit see how to unlock your Adblock on econologie.com on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer: bistro / the-advertising-over-internet-c-is-the-free-of-content-as-it-is-clear-t14548-20.html # p299685
1 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Internet advertising is free content! Let this be clear!

by Petrus » 25/02/16, 22:47

Personally I have nothing against the pub as it is not intrusive and does not spy on me. I disabled my ad blocker for econology but pubs are still not displayed because I use no-script to block the trackers (google, facebook ...). There 3 google scripts that are blocked on econology, disable no-script would open wide the door to these trackers and so say goodbye to my private life that I refuse to do, sorry.
There is no way to display ads without using scripts?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/16, 22:55

Thank you for the feedback.

If there is a way: the classic static banner image simple..retour in 2001-2002 what!
But that means: non-targeted advertising to content and limited in variety: we can do X rotary pub but sooner or later you will see again the same ...
So inconceivable ... by cons you can go for a ride on the shop of forums: https://www.econologie.com/shop/

Can't you configure your js blocker to leave on econology ... and other "healthy" sites ...? Because this no script also blocks statistics I presume?

I'm also much more exposed you your privacy other than with simple tracker pub (which only offer you the most targeted advertising, I personally see no evil, rather it is a good ... )

What software you use that I test it?

ps: if you get disconnected, normally get a message that you said that you block the js ...
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 25/02/16, 23:46

I try to limit my traces on the net, so no facebook recess, I also avoids google (I use for my research DuckDuckGo) I delete unwanted cookies regularly, here for my health on the internet.
A comeback in 2001-2002, in fact I think I'm nostalgic for the web of that time, the targeted advertising goes beyond my red line, the "social networks" do not talk about it ...

I use the browser to Iceweasel (firefox equivalent on Debian) with the pluggin Adblock edge (off to econology) and NoScript (éconologie.com is allowed, but not google scripts).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/16, 23:59

Ok, you're a real purist true what :)

Yes social networks is the beautiful shit, the worst is that even the pros of the web (except for rare and like me ... I will soon write a new in this direction ..) not realize account and continue to lick ass and promote them (also with the complicity of the mainstream media ... my god where are we going?)!

Like a subject that should please you: Company-and-philosophy / sent-special-the-threat-facebook-t6650.html (or not...)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/16, 13:11

1) I share the opinion on the "need for targeted advertising"; We accept it, whether we like it or not, in our newspapers, in our magazines (if we read any).

2) There are many aggressive, even pernicious, forms. My wife got tricked by going from a Ryanair site to an "intermediary" with the result of paying 100taine euros in commissions on a tiocketr which was worth less ... It was written in very small, in right in the middle of the general conditions, and she had ticked, as we all do, "I accept the general conditions" ...

After that, I put Adblock (which would have blocked the intrusion).

3) Who can tell how in Safari or Firefox (I have two ordis, one in Safari, shared with my wife, the other personal, with Firefox), not how some sites are allowed and others?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 26/02/16, 14:30

Hello,

With adblock syntax is special.
This is the site that EcoSia sent me an explanatory popup, with a direct link to exclude adblock.
For here, I just copied and pasted and changed the site name.

It is in tools, additional modules, extensions, adblock, filter preferences

@@ || Econologie.com ^ $ document

adblock.jpg
adblock.jpg (41.72 KB) Viewed times 30808
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/16, 14:40

Thank you very much. "What would I be without you ..." the song said ...

But there, I would never have found it !!!

So thank you.

I had some bad conscience, being a big user of econology.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/16, 14:48

While desperately looking for where to find the boxes you mention (tools, etc ...), I realized that by clicking on the black square that was inscribed in my bar during the installation of AdBlock Plus, with in red the counter of blocked sites, there is, in the first line, the mention "Activated on this site" with a check mark.

By clicking on it, it is unchecked, which in fact "deactivates" AdBlock Plus on the site you are on.

So, of course, first go to econology.

To check. Especially if this is temporary or if it's sustainable ...

But a priori, my meter is no longer running!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/16, 14:51

I reconnected. It is durable. No Christophe alert message. And advertising banners inlaid.
0 x