Removing exhaust paramotor PAP TOP80

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Removing exhaust paramotor PAP TOP80

by Christophe » 06/09/13, 14:11

At the landing of my last flight I noticed a noise in the muffler. I did not suffer any shock during the flight ... surely the fault with the vibrations (less than 40h the engine is little anyway). In the air nothing found either ...

This morning I open it and result: the 1er big absorber completely walks in the cartridge (aluminum) ... I did not find how it was fixed before and it seems quite deformed (ovoid shape and crushed on the tip ). I did not see a trace of absorbent wool either ??? Fucked the camp or have there ever been?

It seems that there is almost no relaxing pot (accoustically speaking) on ​​the TOP80 ...

I think I'll clear this piece that has no more acoustic interest and earn a few hundred grams more!

It remains to find the method to make it out of the pot otherwise I will have to weld aluminum (not a problem but I still prefer to avoid a piece aero ...)

Removal method:

a) We remove the 4 springs:

b) We serve the 2 screws at the silent blocks (the screw is not through, the silent block is fixed of itself on the frame)

c) Inside of the pot and 1st "deformed" absorber:

d) I start ?? :D

0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/09/13, 16:11

Well, that's what I thought, and you see it's removable :D

How many hours has this pot? because maybe I should look at mine

The absorber is bought in roll, I replaced the one of my bi place
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/13, 16:23

Less than 40h and never shock ... except vibration ...

Ben demountable yes but 1 / 2 only still ...

The problem I have is that I do not understand it is the deformation of the absorber (perforated sheet that we see on the last photo) ... logically it should have been round and not crushed like this! Nor deformed on the end!

So I do not explain the absence of mineral wool absorption around the absorber ... it would surprise me that it could have completely closed the camp ... I think there was none. ..

Otherwise the complete pot is bought 480 € ... mwarf !!!

No, I think I'm going to fire the absorber that is walking in the cartridge and basta ...
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 06/09/13, 17:10

Hello
I fell on it
et http://www.usppa.org/Resources/HomeImpr ... uffler.htm obviously the perforated sheet does not support the conditions in the silencer ... it's ferrous?
otherwise, I just see a pipe and a silencer, there is no volume of relaxation.
http://www.footflyer.com/fix/motor/exha ... ncer1a.JPG to make a cheaper one : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/13, 17:21

great links thank you.

the 1er is the old pot model of the top80.

on the new one there is still a volume of relaxation because the elbow before entering the cartridges expands and there is a cons cone in the cartridge aluminum.
but it is sure that I was waiting for a pot more blatant relaxation ...

but given the power 14.5cv that provides this 80cc there is necessarily a relaxation optimization ...
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 06/09/13, 17:34

14,5 cv with an exhaust like this ?! which diet?
edit: I just found 10Kw at 9800tr / mn, she does not laugh at your mower : Cheesy:
0 x
chevesne51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chevesne51 » 06/09/13, 20:52

Hi,

I only see the solution of cutting and finding or rolling a sleeve fixed with rivets for the future.
Put perforated sheet metal or expanded metal with rockwool around.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/13, 20:53

Here you have found, yes it is pushed ... and reliable as engine ... hence its price ... 2500 euros engine alone ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/13, 19:47

Well I cogit a little ... (if it happens to me ...)

I think the absorber was mounted "stuck" in the cartridge (so not repairable without opening the cartridge and soldering it again). Its radial and longitudinal deformations are due to vibrations and shock waves ... that it is deformed as much in (less than) a flight calls out to me a little anyway ... I do not explain any more why it is also deformed afterwards only 40h engine?!?

It's going to be difficult to get this piece out without cutting the cartridge, so I'll try to find something to keep it in a fixed position ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/09/13, 22:27

If you remake the soul of your silent vulgar scrap, it will corrode the same and destroy itself quickly. Go to the scrap dealer you will find stainless steel sheet of equivalent drilling (suction hood grille, suction, filter etc ...).

The holes must not be too big (2 mm maximum?), Otherwise the absorbent will spray / bar at high speed ... and hello deci-bels. To limit that the absorbent is bared, you can also put a round of very fine stainless steel mesh (0.5 mm mesh for example) attached to your perforated sheet and mount the absorbent "very tight".

For rockwool, there are several qualities. I do not have references :| ... but the one that works best is the one that is the most compact / hard to train.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"