Google is too interested in my privacy

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Google is too interested in my privacy

by the middle » 12/04/13, 06:55

Hello,
It started a few months ago, my gmail regularly asks me for my mobile number.
Last night, Windows update, and ho surprised, Google asks me my mobile number ..
The big brothers have no limits, I am obliged to buy a mobile phone, and agree to be geo located.
What's next?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/04/13, 08:30

Yes, I noticed that!

We are at the center of an ethical debate:
- Respect for life and private data VS an increasingly intrusive society!
- the gradual disappearance of any netiquette by all the actors / operators! This is already largely the case (social networks wallow over, never put personal data, or photos of you and your loved ones!)

No you do not have to give your mobile, there is necessarily a way to override (patience). I managed to override the APPLE STORE (without giving my credit card). But it will be more and more difficult. It will be necessary to pass on the gray market if one wishes to keep and preserve the security of one's private life (nevertheless, to go in this market is something that I had sworn never to do, but there ... It is more possible: so it will be either you are in the illegal, or we will know everything about you, if I caricature).

What's next? The fact that we will no longer own our software of course ...! (This is already provided for in all user licenses, which is now only a kind of "right of use to please", with almost no obligation for the software supplier). The result is already the fact that you are forced to buy in your life, several times the same license for the same program (whereas we should only pay one very small update quote ... Have you thought about it?)

I started cleaning all my personal info, it's been a long time (as soon as it started, by the way).

It is also they who pushed me, I had two accounts, he offered to do more than one, I chose the one where there was nothing! : Lol:

Since, and EVERYWHERE, I always make a choice of what I give by absolute necessity, from the rest where I do not let go! By establishing rigor to minimize possible overlap (if not avoid them completely of course).
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/04/13, 08:56

if not to avoid them totally of course

I think about it Obamot ..
But it gets more and more complicated..to avoid them.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/04/13, 09:03

The suggestion would be to put no network resources when you install Windaube. So he can not connect and will not ask for your mobile phone. I think if he does, it's because he has detected that you had an operator somewhere?

And then there are STILL people who don't have cellphones! So the hot-line must surely provide information on this (see on the web, the information must lie on "how to"). But indeed it's very intrusive, and it all brings you back to one kind "Unique possibility excluding not giving his No GSM" while there must be only one exit, well concealed not to do it!

Moreover, suddenly if you do not give it, or you have a good reason (no GSM) or you become "suspect"! It's very perverse on their part.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/04/13, 10:44

Must say, if you really have a good reason (eg if you live on rapine or are ecoterrorist :D )

Pay only in cash and preferably not with tickets from hold ups
put on smoked glasses, raincoat, beard and hat when you go to the shops
prepaid mobile phone card bought in cash in a shop without a video recorder: wait one month before using it. ditto for the phone
Redeem used an old computer, in cash and put it under linux
Go through proxy servers, etc.
Stop your phone when you do not need it
Avoid highways, downtown by car
Pay your fuel in cash.

Be careful when you fire buildings: a good lab can identify where gasoline comes from

etc..... :D

and in fact, the most annoying when you send a quote to a gmail account is that on the display of your quote at your customer .... there is the advertising of competitors ... : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 12/04/13, 18:45

Hello ,

as first simple gesture install adblock more:

http://adblockplus.org/fr/firefox

then surf with Ecosia:

http://ecosia.org/?sc=fr

Otherwise as in place of firefox you also have thor project:

https://www.torproject.org/

a little slower it's true but so much more discreet;) ...

finally as the elephant said the last version under linux are very very effective, free, and in the end your pc resumes a youthful, faster very clear, complete from the start with equivalents of photoshop, coreldraw, open office installed also original and full of free add-on and very easily installable:

example: Fedora 12 (edit, as much for me it is the 18 not the 12;))

http://www.fedora-fr.org/

And besides all these little things are free;) ....

So there is plenty of anonymous and quiet surfing and effectively for zero euros and that of bene;)
0 x
JLB29P
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JLB29P » 10/06/13, 21:24

bidouille23 wrote:... as the first simple gesture to install adblock more:

Indeed.
I was more surprised to receive a request for validation of a transfer from my bank by SMS, while I had (voluntarily) NOT provided my N °!
I immediately canceled the transfer and I no longer order anything from the mail order company to whom it was intended.
That said, it is certainly my bank that is involved, but I find it strange that other requests for validation of transfers are requested by email as before ...

About these invasive targeted ads, we can indeed disable the service. I do not do it because it does not really bother me and to the limit sometimes serves me stupid think.
But I always think of people who are more than limit and who are likely to cross the yellow line of the acting out because they have been too much reminded of the object of their fixed ideas (a sexual devil will watch too many movies, but will stop after a while, Google will offer new movies, trailers and books, etc ...)
What I wrote in the Black humor section (humor-noir-marcel-google-is-the-t11393.html) may occur.
0 x
Have quite big ambitions to not lose sight in pursuing them.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/06/13, 06:42

It's not just Googly who wants to know more!

My hotmail and MSN provider asked me on my homepage and through an email attendant to give my personal info, which I did not do and have just recently discontinued.

This is surely a link with the leakage on espionage of private US government seen in the media lately.
: Evil:

As I do not have twitty and fetish he is looking for info elsewhere!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/13, 08:31

bidouille23 wrote:Hello ,

as first simple gesture install adblock more:

What is the relationship with privacy? On the contrary, I think advertising on a website is about protecting privacy! Here's why...

Do you prefer that a site be financed by advertising, so in relative transparency, rather than by more restrictive (subscription) or obscure ways (industrial lobby, use or resale of personal info ...)?

It is precisely sites without advertising or other means of financing by visitors to be wary!

As the boss of Médiapart said a few years ago: profitability is independence: https://www.econologie.com/edwy-plenel-m ... -4011.html

They don't have any advertising but their funding is based on (the risk on the internet where "everything" is free in the minds of visitors) paid subscription ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/13, 08:52

JLB29P wrote:Indeed.
I was more surprised to receive a request for validation of a transfer from my bank by SMS, while I had (voluntarily) NOT provided my N °!
I immediately canceled the transfer and I no longer order anything from the mail order company to whom it was intended.
That said, it is certainly my bank that is involved, but I find it strange that other requests for validation of transfers are requested by email as before ...

This is the 3DSecure system in place since 2010. More or less binding according to the banks. It is set up gradually, it depends on the bank of the seller and the buyer!

Here are all the info following the French banks: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

Mutual Credit and CIC; the customer must either indicate one of the codes listed on his "personal key card" (a grid of 64 codes 4 digits in which you have to draw the correct code according to the line and the column requested by the website) and a code received by e-mail at the address linked to his bank account, or indicate a code received by SMS on the telephone number associated with his bank account;
Axa Bank; a unique code is sent by SMS
Savings bank; a code is sent by SMS;
HSBC; the client must indicate his date of birth; since June 2010 a code is sent by SMS1;
BNP Paribas ; the client must indicate his date of birth; since July 2009 a code is sent by SMS2. The customer can opt for a Digipass3 hardware authenticator;
Société Générale and Boursorama; the customer must indicate his date of birth, since September 2009 a code is sent by SMS;
Agricultural credit (including LCL); from 2010, a code is sent by SMS, otherwise the customer must indicate a personal password created during the first use;
Crédit du Nord and its subsidiaries; a code is sent by SMS;
BRED People's Bank; an Ipab authentication key, cryptographic key format USB key;
Groupama Bank; the client must indicate his name, the postal code of his residence and his date of birth;
The postal bank ; a code is sent by SMS or an opportunity to indicate the first four digits of its contract number. The Postal Bank calls this system the Certicode;
Cooperative credit; a code is generated on the "sesame reader" unlocked by inserting the holder's credit card and entering the card's PIN code4;
ING Direct; a code is sent by SMS.

On the other hand, if your bank has your GSM number, it did not "lay it out", it is because at one point you (or someone in your family) gave it ... maybe there has years! I don't think the operators "sold" it to the banks (but I could be wrong ...)

ps: this kind of info is even more serious for our privacy: http://lejournaldusiecle.com/2012/07/10 ... unication/

After NDAA 2012, US President Barack Obama put his name on a decree Friday, which allows the White House to control all private communications in the country in the name of national security.

2 debates here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-onu-et-l ... 12175.html ou https://www.econologie.com/forums/societe-so ... 11193.html
0 x