How to put images or files on the forum ?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

How to put images or files on the forum ?

by Christophe » 15/11/05, 11:26

For files (documents) or images to be inserted in the forum with a link, use the ATTACHMENTS function at the bottom of each edit window of a message.

If you insert images from an external site, we do not guarantee their durability !! So please avoid this practice.

For videos, use the video insert function, explanation here: bistro / phpbb3-1-include-the-videos-in-a-message-du-forum-t14500.html

10 / 02 / 2016 EDIT: new features of the new forum, the old file system will soon be deleted
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 02 / 13, 18: 54, 25 edited once.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 27/02/07, 12:10

Hello,

I noticed that some images posted on the forum they were disproportionately big, and with my little 1024x768 laptop screen I do not finish scroller ... : Evil:

In addition my ISP gives me a very "variable" speed, which means that to display the images I sometimes need excessive patience. And I'm not talking about the videos that I have to postpone viewing ...

The first days I processed my photos to send with retouching software by reducing the size, the number of colors, etc ... But it's long, painful and it doesn't always work. Then I discovered Irfanwiew which does "batch processing", it's better but still long.

Until I discovered that under windows xp there is something much simpler to reduce the size of images to post on a forum.

While my camera gives me photos of almost 1Mo, this technique reduces them to less than 50ko. And on the screen the difference is not huge.

I do not know if this option works with all Windows XP messengers, at least with Thunderbird it works ...

1. I select the images to post then right click / send to / recipient
  2. My email software offers me to reduce the size of images for sending. I accept :

3. A mail creation window opens (draft), with the list of attachments.
  4. I save this draft without adding anything (not even a recipient!) And I close the writing window.
  5. In the "drafts" directory there is now an unread message. I click on it.
  6. I click on the list of attachments then right button / save all attachments
  7. I choose where I create the directory where to save them.
  8. I delete the draft that has become useless.
  9. More than follow the usual procedure (see above) to attach these images.

After doing it twice, it's faster to do than re-read this post : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

That's it, I hope it will be of service to others .... Good posts and beautiful compacted images! What to flesh out forum without blocking your hosting capacity and discouraging readers condemned to low speed (do not laugh it can also happen to you : Cry: )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/08, 13:10

Some tips:

a) No imageshak or equivalent !!!

b) To process your images, use GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

c) To make a .pdf easy, use OpenOffice:
http://fr.openoffice.org/about-downloads.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/03/09, 15:15

I added a Form of sending videos on the EconoTV on the file hosting page.

Only constraint to send videos: to be registered on dailymotion.

For the more "brave" you can even use your Webcam, be careful, no junk! Maloche, I'm watching you! : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 25/03/09, 15:57

Crispus wrote:[*] I select the images to post then right click / send to / recipient
[* My email software proposes to reduce the size of images for sending. I accept :
[*] A mail creation window opens (draft), with the list of attachments.

I drag the attachments on the desktop and then send them to the forum.
Then I delete the previously created mail.
I actually find this procedure very convenient.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/03/09, 16:32

Ben with automatic resizing, no need to resize on your PC, except to save the duration of upload (otherwise mess) if your photos are 5 Mo for example ...
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 20/01/10, 01:18

hello, now when I try to send a picture to put on a forum, I have a strange message, apparently saying that I have more room ?? possible ??

what to do then ??
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/10, 10:26

Where are you trying to send? On the host or on the gallery?
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 30/04/10, 10:32

Hello

participating in forum, regularly check the links to the sites you cite because when they disappear from the net, the thread of the discussion becomes hard sometimes to follow.

make the most of the accommodation offered, including for videos!

example today 30 April 2010: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post43528.html#43528

speaking of GMO, a video to see, nonexistent now, and this is just one example among many.

nothing prevents you from editing your old messages to modify the proposed links, to host small videos or images so that they remain accessible to those who consult the forum.

jeff
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/10, 10:53

Well spoken hi, I would add: "Thank you for your understanding" : Mrgreen:

For video there is now youtube dailymotion and cie ...
0 x