Paragliding and Paramotor with econologists (free flight or motor flight)

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Paragliding and Paramotor with econologists (free flight or motor flight)

by Christophe » 19/10/11, 12:43

Topic splitted since: bistro / info-aerial-machines-flights-landscapes-exploits-crashes-t11153.html

The paramotor I'm starting to do it: so I know a little and I weighed the pros and cons before "signing".

So yes it is also an aerial toy but a toy that can be stored in the trunk of your car and a toy with which you can take off almost from where you want, a toy with which you can "visit" the sky as we will NEVER do it with ANY other device! Among other things precisely because of its low cruise speed that allows you to admire from above and to go to places where no other flying device would venture!

Example: touch & go on the water, do you know a lot of airplane or microlight pilots who wet their landing gear on the water?

Speed ​​we do not care (sorry)!

I believe that those who seek the paramotor high cruise speed (except competition, aerobatics or aerological special conditions) are next to the plate I think ... A paramotor is made to stay in the air as long as possible at the lowest cost (fuel).

A good paramotorist (which I intend to become) should think like a good paraglider (that I intend to become) with a very good knowledge of the aerology and its sail! It's more a paragliding pilot than ULM that's why the paramotor training in France (which imposes the theoretical ULM patent) is a bit off-beat ... I think. But that's not the debate ...

Maneuverability and pilotage approval?

(well) Fly a paraglider / paramotor is more pleasant than a plane! I tried the 2!

In paragliding we do 1 with his sail, it joins a little sensations that we can have motorcycle provided we master a little activity ...

The piloting is much less easy and much more subtle than one might think. For example: take-off speed affects the behavior of the wing (much more than the airplane) and having a wing mole allows much more interesting things (but no I do not say dangerous) :D ) with a rigid wing :)

When we start driving at the elevators, we become good :)

A paraglider fielder will certainly take a lot more G than an outfielder ...

Security?

I do not see how the heavens or pouchel are more secure than a pendular?

A pendulum without motor hovers pretty well, we find ourselves a delta with a higher load wing, the fineness remains the same ...

Ditto for a paraplane (two-seater paramotor carriage)

I have much more doubt about the gliding capabilities of these 2 ULM ...

After each his thing as you say ...
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 11 / 11, 22: 51, 2 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/10/11, 15:17

Christophe wrote:The paramotor I'm starting to do it: so I know a little and I weighed the pros and cons before "signing".
In paragliding we do 1 with his sail, it joins a little sensations that we can have motorcycle provided we master a little activity ...

I have been paramotoring for more than 20 years (time flies ...), mainly because of the small size of the equipment and the possibilities of taking off from the neighbor's meadow, with one of the first machines equipped with the Solo engine (not disengageable and cannot be restarted in flight), Paratech P2 wing a little slow and difficult to climb on takeoff. The current equipment is obviously much more pleasant, not to mention that there are now electric motors. I don't really like the feeling of dangling under a sail. To become one with your machine, nothing beats hang gliding (which I taught at the time of finesse 4 "hang gliders" ...) But it is a 6 m bundle to be transported on the gallery of the car ...

Christophe wrote:Speed ​​we do not care (sorry)! ...
I believe that those who seek the paramotor high cruise speed (except competition, aerobatics or aerological special conditions) are next to the plate I believe ...

The day you stay taped for 1 / 4 h over a church steeple without being able to reach the landing strip at 300 m away because of a headwind equivalent to the speed of your machine, you may regret, like me, not having a faster wing ...
I said at takeoff the wind was moderate, it had strengthened during my flight.

Christophe wrote:I do not see how the heavens or pouchel are more secure than a pendular?
I have much more doubt about the gliding capabilities of these 2 ULM ...

The lice of the sky can make evolutions that would be dangerous to make pendulum. In addition, the Mignet formula greatly reduces the risk of dropping out.
Indeed their finesse is probably limited by their reduced size. Can someone who knows these machines give us figures?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/11, 15:53

Oh well it's great, I did not know that!

That's at least 4, we're going to fly between econologists :) and if we had a paraglider - paramotor? Do you do paragliding too? See where you live I guess so!

Cuicui wrote:The day you stay taped for 1 / 4 h over a church steeple without being able to reach the landing strip at 300 m away because of a headwind equivalent to the speed of your machine, you may regret, like me, not having a faster wing ...

I included this in "special air condition" ... am I wrong?

My alpha4 is given accelerated (at the hands) to 47km / h ... in paragliding mode !! In paramotor ca must be between 50 and 55 km / h ...

Accelerated to the hands and foot + detriment it exceeds the 60 km / h probably ... with a catastrophic finesse (which must tater the 3) but the speed will be there.

So it leaves the margin no? (when it is blowing at 50-60 km / h usually we are not supposed to be in the air ...)

And it's a beginner's sail !! No paramotor ...

http://www.para2000.org/wings/advance/alpha4.html

In short; I prefer a "slow" wing that you accelerate / trim when necessary rather than a fast wing that does not stay in the air and which overconsumes (in hours of flight) ...

But I'm just starting I may change my mind faster than I think! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Cuicui wrote:Who knows who these machines could give us numbers?

Google is our friend no?

ps: are you still flying with a 1989 sail? : Shock: http://www.para2000.org/wings/paratech/p2.html DHV3 did not laugh at the time! During yesterday the mono said that there are 20 years there were 2 types of veil: the very poor performant for beginners and the very dangerous for all the others ... (compared to what we do now of course)
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/10/11, 17:36

The Paratech is a paragliding sail given for a delicacy of 6,2. All detrimented, it does not exceed 40 km / h. (I do not have accelerators) She is very strong, very placid, and arises slowly. But held only in the front it is difficult to mount it on takeoff.
At 60 km / h I would have no problem to reach my field finesse reduced (I was high enough).
I do not do paragliding. Formerly, I had scoured all the Vosges peaks in hang gliding and told the administration most of the existing sites currently. I went to the paramotor to no longer need to climb the peaks by car.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/11, 19:32

Cuicui wrote:At 60 km / h I would have no problem to reach my field finesse reduced (I was high enough).

Oh ok I understand better!

Mister flew paramotor with 100 km / h of headwind and he complains of not arriving at the landing? : Shock: : Shock: : Mrgreen:

So you really fly with a wing that has 20 years? (it's more wear than the perfs that challenges me ...)
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 10 / 11, 21: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/10/11, 20:01

Christophe wrote:So you really fly with a wing that has 20 years? (it's more wear than the perfs that challenges me ...)

It is in excellent condition. The only problem could be the aging of the materials. Before resuming my flights I will have it checked.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/11, 20:06

When I said wear it was mostly aging materials that I thought ... (for the rest if a sail is HS, the driver sees ... so it's less dangerous!)

Did you have it revised when last time?

Well I think I'll split this subject ... Because we deviate "seriously" towards soft wings! : Cheesy:

Edit: it's splited.
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 10 / 11, 11: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/11, 11:45

Here are 3 photos of Christophe flying!

At school, in the final and deflating (admire the mastery at the landing 8) ) with a Team5 Green sail (but not green!):

When inflating with my alpha 4:

No pictures yet in paramotor ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 21/10/11, 19:05

Hi,
Ah! I also do paragliding since 1996 ... No paramotor because noise, consumption, weight and I find it more motivating to enjoy the thermals and fight to hold as long as possible, a little cross with nothing but the masses of air, what enjoyment.
In general, my sails last 6 years with a revision every 3 / 4 years
Good flights even if not ecological.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/11, 19:13

Completely agree on your philosophy of piloting (one can "thermal" with a cut paramotor ... even if not the ideal and that a good number of paramotorists do not really bother to learn the flight in thermal. . too bad for them!) ...

As said above I aspire to be a good paraglider and good paramotor!

Ecology question, it is debatable: if you are not in a "mountainous" region with paragliding spots (which is my case) you have to travel miles to go flying, and in all cases you need "a driver" for t '' bring the car up and down (unless you're good enough and the conditions are good enough to land on take-off! Rare all the same ... but in all cases you must also lower the car :D ) ...

My paramotor (PAP1400 TOP80) consumes about 2L / h ... just like that of Maloche (Miniplane TOP80)

So in the end the paramotor only "displaces" this pollution, avoids having to travel hundreds of km to go flying ...

At least that's how I see it and that's what motivated me to paramotor too (I could take off the field behind my home ...)
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 11 / 11, 19: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x