To all those who have experienced the water doping

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 18/03/06, 08:17

For the moment I am not in a good position to discuss the matter but I think that the only way to modify the consumption of water with a bubbler is to vary the boiling point of the water.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/03/06, 15:08

I invite you to see my last little video which shows the improvement brought by the installation of a venturi effect tube in the intake manifold.
The video also shows that the smooth and linear acceleration is favorable for obtaining a stable aspiration.
Proof that a flexible pipe increases the efficiency of the reactor.
Put the image in full screen it's much better more good :P
and revise several times because it goes quickly. :P :P
PITMIX video
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/03/06, 18:49

Hello Pitmix
I don't think this is the only way and I think it's not the right way, we should keep the water at a certain temperature neither too cold nor too hot and not in boiling, if it would work well in boiling everything would become easy, you just need to heat the water as much as possible can't go up more than the boiling point, no more control, just take the need for steam and let the rest escape in the air,
if I find the photos of the assembly of this assembly I attach it to you
still a mounting on the job ... Without success.
But you can try this is not a big change.
Just make steam and suck it through a tubular cross, the surplus comes out, atmosphere.

Andre
0 x
campadebulsance
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by campadebulsance » 18/03/06, 19:31

hello andré

it is to have a fixed temperature that g uses the coolant of the tractor

my water should be around 80 degree

something else that we noticed during the tests, the engine temperature is lower than the temperature normally found without the pantone! to believe that the engine forces less ...

during sudden acceleration, do you still notice black smoke with the pantone
?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/03/06, 21:00

For the engine temperature it seems logical to me. Since you use the bubbler on the engine cooling circuit you improve the cooling efficiency.
It's like adding another radiator.
I think that's why some people say they no longer have heat in their cars.

Following André's idea, we could remove the main radiator and cool the engine with a super efficient bubbler. We would use only the quantity of vapor necessary for doping with water and the rest would be recondensed in an auxiliary radiator. The water passing from the vapor to liquid state in the auxiliary radiator evacuated a significant quantity of heat.
The advantage is the stability and the efficiency of the exchange.
The problem is that the doping water is also used to cool the engine liquid. So it is imperative to take care to maintain a constant water level.
It is the same system that is found on air conditioning with water condenser and cooling tower (Georges Pompidou Hospital in Paris).

For the boiling point I expressed myself wrong André.
I wanted to talk about the water temperature. The warmer it is, the more it evaporates, the more water the engine consumes.
Today I got humid air with water at 70 ° C.
I am sure that I would consume less than a liter of water by evaporating it at 70 ° C rather than 95 ° C as Lau.
Parcontre I do not know if this humid air will be effective for the reactor.
0 x
Other

by Other » 19/03/06, 16:52

Hello Campadelbulsence
For a lower temperature on the engine
what temperature is Gas Exhaust? or engine coolant?
As for the coolant it is controlled by a calorstat and normally it goes up to its point of adjustment if the engine forces for the trouble and it is maintained 90c while the radiator supplied to cool.
The only times I saw that it didn't go up on a diesel
it is when the heating is used at the end and the engine runs under low load or at idle in winter.
Now if this observation is well measured in load driven on the road with a functional calorstat, without heating and that the engine does not reach its temperature it becomes very interesting to study something happens. (never seen in my case rather the opposite)
This means that the radiator is no longer useful.
A small simple test after a hike opens the hood and takes the hose at the top of the radiator in hand and tries to crush it if it is hard and if it is hot. Normally if the calorstats have not opened there is no circulation in this hose.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/03/06, 14:32

Hello
I have a question for all those who use a bubbler and who have no results.
Are you sure that your bubbler is waterproof?
I'm not talking about water leaks but air leaks.
If the depression does not exist in the bubbler there are no bubbles.
In addition, humid air is not sucked in.
It sounds silly what I say but I made the observation today by wanting to see how are the bubbles produced by my dip tube.
I use a glass jar and a vacuum cleaner.
Result the slightest air intake cancels bubbling.Bubble video
If like me you use a bubbler with the removable upper part make sure that it is completely airtight when closed. 8)

Another question:
Is bubbling not basically used in the water / petrol bubbling system only to homogeneously mix water, exhaust gases and petrol?
And if so what is it for in the case of water doping?
Only to oxygenate the water by filtering the air?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 31/03/06, 13:21

Mash potatoes !!!
what do I scale as videos and photos from my system.
It's crazy no :?: : Cheesy:

Good joke, I have numbers
What do you think ?

I measured:

_54 ° C wall temperature of the bubbler

_60 ° C steam outlet at the bubbler outlet in the tube

_70 ° C steam inlet at the reactor inlet on the wall of the tube

_75 ° C water temperature in the bubbler

_170 ° C reactor vapor outlet on the wall of the tube

_220 ° C exhaust before the reactor on the wall of the tube

_170 ° C exhaust after the reactor on the wall of the tube

Most of these temperatures are contact temperatures with the walls of the various organs of the system. Carried out with the engine warm when idling.
Under load, the exhaust and steam inlet temperatures in the reactor must be higher.
0 x