electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by sicetaitsimple » 12/11/23, 20:50

Thanks Janic! If this video isn't just full of bullshit, it's at least biased.
For example, we talk about increased tire wear, which I would like to believe (weight, torque) but not less brake wear due to regenerative braking.
And it's episode 2, episode 1 was actually full of bullshit absolutely contrary to Phil59's experience, which may explain his refusal to watch it, even if it benefits from the "Janic approved" label, which is not worth elsewhere not a nail.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/11/23, 20:53

Janic wrote:12/11/23, 17:29
phil
I don't even want to watch something full of false ideas...
how can you know if it's full of false ideas, if you haven't looked: would you guess?
I told myself that it had been a long time since Janic had come out of his den!
you, on the other hand, occupy all the dens, like the weasel of La Fontaine!

NB: we don't say had gone out, but had gone out! Who says thank you to Janic?! : roll:

It's obvious, if you release something, it's definitely like that.

For you, no, it's "had".
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/11/23, 21:00

sicetaitsimple wrote:Thanks Janic! If this video isn't just full of bullshit, it's at least biased.
For example, we talk about increased tire wear, which I would like to believe (weight, torque) but not less brake wear due to regenerative braking.

So, more tire wear!*

I want to believe it a little, but by how much?

What are the sourced figures?

1%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 50%?

My rear tires have exceeded 80 km, still dead, and it's a "propeller"! and 000 hp, and inevitably, heavy.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/11/23, 21:05

1699819394614 (1). Jpg
1699819394614(1).jpg (301.1 KiB) Viewed 451 times
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/11/23, 21:29

How much does it cost to drive an EV?

Expensive, if you play safe charging tranquility, but cheaper than thermal consuming 5L/100km on the highway.

1699820234878.jpg
1699820234878.jpg (256.69 KB) Viewed times 441

1699820307729.jpg
1699820307729.jpg (158.24 KB) Viewed times 441

1699820318909.jpg
1699820318909.jpg (270.42 KB) Viewed times 441
Attachments
1699819394614 (1). Jpg
1699819394614(1).jpg (301.1 KiB) Viewed 441 times
0 x

plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 13/11/23, 04:57

It's not because I ride a bike that I'm green!
...So no, ecology and love of mother nature do not enter into the equation. They are collateral benefits...
https://www.cleanrider.com/actus/ce-nes ... ecolo/amp/

I validate this article. And the only 10% of pleasure in a conventional vehicle too. I have always feared the car, I have never felt confident in it and instead of the dead man I am seriously freaking out. (Starting biker).
And here, no traffic jams, no red lights, no public transport. Just the landscape and the rivers.
Photo taken at my doorstep
Attachments
IMG_20231004_193218.jpg
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/11/23, 08:23

Same thing for the EV
We shouldn't see everyone who drives an electric car as just an eco-bobo.
For some it is the economic side that motivates them, for others it is just “electric driving”.
If it's better for the environment, so much the better.
When you're green you don't have a car!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/11/23, 08:43

12/11/23, 20:50
simpleton
Thanks Janic! If this video isn't just full of bullshit, it's at least biased.
And it's episode 2, episode 1 was actually full of bullshit absolutely contrary to Phil59's experience, which may explain his refusal to watch it, even if it benefits from the "Janic approved" label, which is not worth elsewhere not a nail.
Thank you already for this speech full of bullshit.
a) I neither validate nor invalidate this video as I have neither the means nor the capabilities! This is only an analysis, which is solely the responsibility of its author, and which presents a different overall assessment of the dealers of this type of vehicle.
b) Concerning tire wear, this author refers to organizations recognized by the profession and which should be studied in depth to verify their validity.
c) For regenerative brakes; it requires riding excessively to get real benefits. Furthermore, to get maximum effect this is done to the detriment of the tires which actually wear out more quickly. Personally, I have an “economy” style of driving, that is to say, anticipating a slowdown in the line and taking my foot off to avoid braking and reduce it to a minimum. So it's just learning to drive.
d) Finally, but obviously this is not your habit, when a particular point is claimed to be bullshit, it is not enough to claim it, but to provide proof, as for vaccines at home. Proof that you never present… for proof!
e) Finally, I neither validate nor invalidate the experience of Phil or Remondo who are ONLY special cases, not representative of the entire EV sector. Furthermore and I have already said it again and again, I am not against EVs when they are adapted to situations justifying them (cities for example)

PS: In this case, as with vaccines, we find ourselves confusing between productivist politics/economics and econology.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/11/23, 08:56

Forhorse
If it's better for the environment, so much the better.
When you're green you don't have a car!
ideally you are right for a generally green society, which is not for tomorrow, or even after. It took more than a century to see the real disadvantages, no longer covered by the advantages of its beginnings. It will take another century to change our way of life and consumption.
Thus one of the biggest producers of greenhouse gases is livestock farming, more than automobile pollution, but efforts only focus on cars because culturally the myth of the car is considered as an accession to a standard of living allowing it, a sign of societal promotion in the same way as the car.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 13/11/23, 18:50

Janic wrote:12/11/23, 20:50

c) For regenerative brakes; it requires riding excessively to get real benefits. Furthermore, to get maximum effect this is done to the detriment of the tires which actually wear out more quickly. Personally, I have an “economy” style of driving, that is to say, anticipating a slowdown in the line and taking my foot off to avoid braking and reduce it to a minimum. So it's just learning to drive.

e) Finally, I neither validate nor invalidate the experience of Phil or Remondo who are ONLY special cases, not representative of the entire EV sector. Furthermore and I have already said it again and again, I am not against EVs when they are adapted to situations justifying them (cities for example)

PS: In this case, as with vaccines, we find ourselves confusing between productivist politics/economics and econology.

The EV, in the city, would be a good solution for the pollution, and noise pollution, that you forget.

But, that goes against the grain.

If it's to do 5000 km per year, it's not worth it.

Concerning the regenerative brake, for a very long time, before the EV, I let off the accelerator to enter the city between 50 and 60, and in EV, just like that, you recover energy, you don't just save it , as in VT.
On a course, by anticipating all the decelerations, so as not to touch the brake, you recover a lot.

You can see that you are talking about the EV, without knowing it.

As I said, I would like to hear that you eat a little more tires, it's not at all impossible, but the question is how much.
1%, 10%, 20%?
My kona has 204 hp, it's rear-wheel drive, and the rear tires have over 80 km.

Our cases in VE are very far from being isolated cases.

What are the conditions?

80% of French people never exceed 300 km, and I no longer have in mind those who only do 100 km max.

I had already published the figures, with their official source, not "they say that"!, or I think that...

300 km, with the majority of EVs, is not a problem, with one charge.

Comfort with a small EV will be the same as with a small VT.

All these arguments that you give do not hold water, because you have "old" ideas about EVs.

Tires, you are probably right, it is possible, but I come back to quantification.
And I wonder if that doesn't cancel out, with the fact that you practically don't brake, and therefore less wear on the pads and discs, which will last 500 km.

Why do I have an EV?

It's cool to drive, you have the power when you need it, a generation of Kona, it's 6.7S to reach the hundred.
It's good, but it's not useful.

The cost of fuel per km, even with an expensive EV, remains lower than that of a VT.
Virtually no maintenance.

I remind you that I did, (it's not good), my first service of the kona, at more than 70 km, because it had been the victim of a refusal of priority, otherwise it was at 000 , which I would have done, to see!

In addition, whatever people say, it is better than a VT in terms of pollution, even if it is not neutral, it is not necessarily the solution, but it is not a stopgap!

Battery recycling is taking place, little by little, as for copper, it has been recycled very well, for a very long time.

In short, I like driving the EV!
0 x