Electric vehicles: car, truck, ...

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Electric vehicles: car, truck, ...

by Grelinette » 02/02/09, 13:29

Hello,
I post a message simply to say that in the review "Développement Durable Energy Magazine" in its n ° 24 of January / February there are articles on hybrid vehicles.
(It's not advertising, I have nothing to gain but as we talk a lot about this site, it may interest some).
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 17:15

Grelinette wrote:I post a message simply to say that in the review "Développement Durable Energy Magazine" in its n ° 24 of January / February there are articles on hybrid vehicles.
Thank you for the info Grelinette.

Just a precision of vocabulary because the approximations are frequent: do not confuse the hybrid vehicles rechargeable (PHEV), 100% Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Hybrid Vehicles (HEV).

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 17:41

Have a greenwashing magazine sponsored by car manufacturers? Of style:

To fight against the warming roll in Prius ...

In the same vein: there was an "electric car" file in the S&V of January 2009 with one advertisement out of 2 for a classic car ... difficult to remain scientifically credible under these conditions ...

Independence is profitability!

The clean car is especially the one that stays in the garage better at the dealership ... sorry to incit heavily on this point ...
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 18:22

Christophe wrote: In the same vein: there was an "electric car" file in the S&V of January 2009 with one advertisement out of 2 for a classic car ... difficult to remain scientifically credible under these conditions ...

I find this observation interesting.

The arrival of Chinese electric cars on the market will push Western manufacturers to bring their electric cars boxes and pages of magazines to finally make them available to motorists.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 18:30

I do not know if the Chinese electric car will win here.

And don't forget that "we" can use the same weapons as the Chinese and the United States: limit or block imports.

With cars it's even easier than with other products: just press for them to never be homologable ...

It is deplorable but true ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 02/02/09, 18:57

Elec wrote:Just a precision of vocabulary because the approximations are frequent: do not confuse the hybrid vehicles rechargeable (PHEV), 100% Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Hybrid Vehicles (HEV).

If I understood correctly, and to summarize, the term "hybrid" means imperatively that there is :
a classic engine with gasoline or diesel + an electric motor, so HEV and PHEV only.
(The BEV is not a “hybrid” vehicle strictly speaking).

Between HEV and PHEV the best from an ecological point of view is the HEV because no emission of CO2, but the PHEV can also be recharged on sector if the rolling load is not sufficient.

That's right ?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 19:00

The BEV is not a "hybrid" vehicle strictly speaking
Yes, the BEV is not a hybrid vehicle at all. In the mag in question, given the cover, they talk about PHEV and BEV, not HEV.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/02/09, 20:46

Elec wrote:
Grelinette wrote:I post a message simply to say that in the review "Développement Durable Energy Magazine" in its n ° 24 of January / February there are articles on hybrid vehicles.
Thank you for the info Grelinette.

Just a precision of vocabulary because the approximations are frequent: do not confuse the hybrid vehicles rechargeable (PHEV), 100% Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Hybrid Vehicles (HEV).

these schema are really not clear:

it shows the brake energy recuperator as an additional element, whereas this is just one way to use the main engine

Braking recovery is just a little extra detail in the motor control circuit, whether electronic or older
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 21:32

For English speakers, I find them very clear.
However, they have, for my taste, put a battery too big for the BEV. No need to have a battery of this size with a BetterPlace network in place.

--------------------------
On TF1 / LCI website, a relevant info:

"The [automobile in France] sector is facing a major technological breakthrough, with new electric and hybrid engines, which should change the competitive landscape in the coming years."
http://bourse.lci.fr/news.hts?urlAction ... ate=090202
Last edited by Elec the 02 / 02 / 09, 21: 39, 2 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/02/09, 21:37

chatelot16 wrote:These diagrams are really not clear:

They show the brake energy recuperator as an additional element, whereas this is just one way to use the main engine.

braking recovery is just a few more details in the engine control circuit, whether electronic or older
This is a good remark, one may wonder if such opacity in a didactic sketch is not intended to succeed the opposite of what it is supposed to do ie to understand the simplicity of hybrid architecture plug-in series (PHEV) for Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
That is to say in plain language a plug-in electric vehicle capable of operating for long trips in hybrid mode thanks to an on-board generator. This technology, which was marketed in France by Renault on the Kangoo ER (why did they sell only a few dozen in secret?) Allows consumption below 3 liters 100km.

In the same vein, I also bought the number of Sciences & Life mentioned above as well as the 1 number of the new magazine Ecological car and I jumped. : Evil:
We read a lot of commonplaces and absurdities including the following: "the electric car is reserved for urban use". :x
Are journalists like experts, incapable of projecting themselves into the future and saying what is wrong with today's means of transport? :?:
Gone are the days (more than 25 years ago) when we could read in Sciences & Vie an article of anticipation fiction describing the individual transports of the year 2000 or super-profiled VPM (Muscle-Propelled Vehicles). and fully faired moved silently and effortlessly and at 60km / h on the traffic lanes designed for them ...
These vehicles exist today, they are the velomobiles whose most effective are the promises of 25 years ago ...
But no dedicated channels and no mass manufacturing that would allow these vehicles to be available at a reasonable price of 2500 € for 35kg instead of 5000 8000 € to which can find them ... : Cry:

In front of the enormities which one can read in this "specialized press" (whose finality is only to make dream to sell paper without offending the advertisers which post their advertisement there) ... I wondered if it was not necessary not create topics to dismantle all the inconsistencies and absurdities propagated by these newspapers ... :?: :?:
0 x