Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

View Macro » 13/05/24, 20:30

It had been repainted and you got the original gray : Cheesy:

If it was yellow or pink it was certainly the case...Because in 1955 the Citroen color chart for showers was not thick

And that's what I suspect with my czéro. a poorly done paint repair (primer not sanded)
0 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 13/05/24, 20:45

Macro wrote:It had been repainted and you got the original gray : Cheesy:

No no, it was indeed zinc, with a burnisher it became shiny, so it wasn't paint.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View gegyx » 13/05/24, 22:24

My 62 daughter had been hit by a car at a crossroads. I bought a 1959 deuche carcass (150F), I took a few parts from it, including the spars : Cheesy: for the reparation. I even added a deeper rear trunk between the spars, from a 4hp roof cut with a piece of saber blade, and made from a wild cane (ah, good times!). I also bought 2 round rear headlights from VW (20F), blackson, putty, rivets, a 5 liter can of denim blue paint. and for 150F I was able to get a deuche, reimbursed, by the insurance at the maximum given for the "wreck" value.
I destroyed the rest of the shower in pieces, put it in the trash (except the suspension bar)/ while 15 days later I was having surgery in Tours, for pseudo-arthrosis of a fracture of the scaphoid, one year old, on the wrist... The exercise must have been beneficial, because the graft consolidated in a little over a month instead of the 3 planned.

Well, this corrugated hood weighed quite a lot, compared to more recent hoods, with good galvanization, and was much more rigid.
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."