Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Remundo

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Remundo » 21/04/24, 09:36

a good testimony retrieved on Facebook by “Alain de Contresens”
I wanted to try the adventure before spitting my venom like some who have never put their behind in an electric car and who give us a text explanation of what they have read.
In the epic story of my journey from Switzerland to Brittany with an electric car, I found myself immersed in a whirlwind of adventures as astonishing as they were tumultuous.

Proudly displaying a range of 300 kilometers, my electric car promised an epic journey through the picturesque landscapes of France. However, from the first turns of the wheels, I quickly realized that this journey would not be as smooth as the surface of our modern highways.

On the highway, the charging stations seemed to have gone on vacation, leaving me with a range that was falling faster than Trump on the New York Stock Exchange. Even at a reasonable pace of 110 kilometers per hour, my energy melted like snow in the sun, leaving me with only a meager reserve of 120 kilometers before running out of fuel., not to mention my immaturity in pressing the Power button to slap the GT3 which is next to me at the toll and to which I gave a life lesson the first 300 meters with my Norman electrical cabinet.
And what about the exorbitant cost of these forced recharges? It was as if each kilowatt-hour cost its weight in gold, easily exceeding the price of a full tank of fuel for a classic car. But hey, who said innovation was cheap?

Arriving in Brittany, land of legends and mysteries, I thought I would find the long-awaited respite. But that was without taking into account the mischief of the local charging stations, which seemed to have chosen that day to strike. Except of course those from the picturesque town of Cancale, who had decided to join the blackout party. Sorry the terminals are temporarily out of service!

This is where the humor of the situation took over. In desperation, I sought help from residents, who, from their windows, generously shared their electricity with me. It was as if I had become the Robin Hood of electric charging, stealing energy for the greater good.

The return promised to be just as eventful, with an episode worthy of the greatest action films. The charging stations at the Beaune area had apparently decided to act like arsonists, because they had burned. A recovery truck came to my rescue, transporting me like a modern hero to a station where the terminals were, miraculously, in working order.

And this is how my journey ends, between electrical problems, unexpected solidarity and twists and turns. But in the end, isn't it in the unexpected that the most beautiful travel stories are hidden?

Apart from that, the curry mussels and the Breton pancakes made my stay sweeter.
But I don't regret the experience because today I can say "I did it!"

Back in real life here I am back in my thermal which I love even more than before.
More
Imagine yourself, proud owner of a house in a hole like #Jurabernois with an electric car in this region where the bourgeoisie has just discovered unleaded gasoline and where electricity costs no more than a coffee at the local bistro.

With a cost of only 2.50 CHF for every hundred kilometers with your private terminal, you feel like you are riding on a magic flying carpet.

However, the joy is short-lived because as soon as you consider making a quick trip to your great aunt in Valais, that's when the troubles start again, like a bad soap opera in which you are the unfortunate actor. You can plan an extra hour on your outward journey, just to take a coffee break and a few vocals to stave off boredom, because on the highway, it's the same story again.

And then, let's not forget the moment when you will have to stop to recharge on the go. You'd better plan a budget for this little "fisting" session that public charging stations will inflict on you. Because let's be honest, they are not known for being gentle and caring partners.

So, if you are ready to face these small inconveniences to enjoy the joys of electric driving, it is at your own risk. But don't forget to take a good dose of second degree with you, because it's often the best way to overcome road or life obstacles!

My conclusion ? If you use an electric car just to get to work and go shopping while smoking most sports cars on the way I think it's the right plan. If you like to go on weekends you may need to think about driving thermally with a second car. which you will pretend to have bought to get your son's license.

As for the ecological aspect, I can't comment because I haven't been there and I stopped believing in miracles a long time ago.

: roll: : Cheesy:

http://www.contresens.ch/

Direct Facebook link
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/04/24, 13:48

...my energy founded like snow in the sun...
Ah these Swiss... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/04/24, 17:51

I tilted too, I thought he meant Honda... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/04/24, 19:09

I had to write: my energy melted like snow in the sun

but hey, the simple past is complicated!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/04/24, 19:50

This is another example of a poorly prepared journey...

I have a colleague who benefited from social leasing, and will "leave" towards the sands of Olonne from the Valenciennes-Cambrai area, with a 208, approximately 650 km.

He only drives near his home, 20-30 km away.

I advised him to make journeys, first, at the limit of his autonomy, then afterwards outside his autonomy!

This cannot be improvised to make long journeys without autonomy, you need a minimum of familiarity with journeys without autonomy.

The AFIR law of April 13, 2024 requires that all new terminals, from 50 kW, be equipped with a CB terminal, and for old ones, by 2027. This is enough to simplify journeys a little.

ABRP offers him a stop after Paris, which is a mistake in my opinion, which I will not do, even if it means charging with 40-50% remaining.

towards the sands.JPG
towards the sands.JPG (261.56 KB) Viewed 435 times
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 22/04/24, 08:13

We must also not forget the magnifying glass effect: out of 1000 journeys which go without any problem and 1 which goes badly, we will talk about the one which goes badly. (and again, this is excluding the bad faith of the "reporter" who having a biased opinion in advance, does everything to make it go wrong: self-fulfilling prophecy)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/04/24, 10:08

I don't dare imagine such a trip with my Czéro, I have at least 3 days to go : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/04/24, 10:21

phil59 wrote:This is another example of a poorly prepared journey...

What exactly is bad? I mean how could he have optimized this route better?

Otherwise, your friend could have gone to Somme Bay in one go. : Mrgreen:

What is the application or site that you captured?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/04/24, 10:22

Remundo wrote:the simple past is complicated!

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
1 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 22/04/24, 14:33

phil59 wrote:This is another example of a poorly prepared journey...

It’s clear that this journey is super messed up!!! 7:30 a.m. to go to the sands!!!!!!!!!!!!

! I barely take 1h30!
1 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."