Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

View Macro » 05/03/24, 15:40

perplex wrote:I'm sorry, mine weighs 2 tonnes in 6 months I touched the brake 5 times max, I drive with regenerative braking, which can be dangerous when you go with 100% that's when I braked. ..

Regenerative braking doesn't stop you. it slows you down it can slow you down a lot or even tend to reverse the movement but here it's the electrical consumption that goes up... My C zero has more than 90 km the front pads are original at 000% wear, I I had to change the seized rear brakes in their new ones... But the car drives in the countryside.... I only have a stop sign and a light (which I anticipate) on my journey... But no the car cost him more than 50€ to maintain in 2000km, I know how Parisian taxis drive... Or maybe he uses his taxi as an ubershit to launder his drug money... the L wheels air on two concrete blocks to turn the taximeter and produce false invoices... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

A taxi is at least a vacuum cleaner token for €2 every day and 2 washes for €6 per week. 14€ week of cleanliness x 150 weeks 2100€ at l'elephant bleu : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Macro the 05 / 03 / 24, 15: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

View perplex » 05/03/24, 15:48

Macro wrote:. Or he uses his taxi as an ubershit to launder his drug money... with his wheels in the air on two concrete blocks, spinning the taximeter and issuing false invoices... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

He doesn't tell us everything : Mrgreen:

another :
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Remundo

View Remundo » 05/03/24, 18:07

Christophe wrote:
Macro wrote:Golf 8 GTE Rechargeable Hybrid Petrol 1.4 eHybrid OPF – – €51580 –

golf_8.pdf

€52 for a "small" car...it's excessive! How much did you pay for yours Remundo at the time????

Hey, I discovered the weight penalty! Are electric cars affected by this penalty or not? : Mrgreen:

35000 € in 2015

I had received €4000 in ecological bonus, it was listed at €39000 including tax in the catalog.

I had additionally negotiated a pair of snow wheels and the retractable hitch.

But I don't want to spend 50 plates to have a G8 GTE and even less a lithium-ionized pachyderm that will wallow to tow my trailers.
0 x
Remundo

View Remundo » 05/03/24, 18:13

perplex wrote:
Remundo wrote:a €50k car... that would pay for E85 : Oops:

that's roughly 1 km : Cheesy: at 6L/100km for 0,8€/L

Certainly, but I would like to know the cost of the 5 engines that you will have to change and everything else... : Mrgreen:

Okay, I admit that my comparison is brutal...

But a well-driven and maintained car can do 1 km without changing its thermal engine. Wearing parts of course... depreciated every 100 km, the brakes depend on your driving.

all this to tell you that buying a new car with 50 plates, well... not sure that it's a great idea. There are a plethora of used cars, a good mechanic (eh Macro?) is able to put them back on track and wear them out by X00 km.

And sorry for EVs, but an EV ages poorly with its battery, the performance of a thermal engine is much more constant.
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 05/03/24, 18:25

Remundo wrote:
And sorry for EVs, but an EV ages poorly with its battery, the performance of a thermal engine is much more constant.

There I agree....

The EV ages on a calendar basis. After 10 years, whether it was driven or not, its battery lost between 30 and 50% of its capacity. And sometimes even well before this age the battery cell model is no longer manufactured (case of my Czéro). Or it is so complicated to change a small cell or BMS card that it is 50% of the value of the car (or in my case 300%) which has to be re-injected in order to be able to drive.... I know a Zoé broken down and unsellable which costs its owners the rental of the battery every month.... personally it would make a nice barbecue...
2 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
Christophe

View Christophe » 05/03/24, 18:51

Remundo wrote:And sorry for EVs, but an EV ages poorly with its battery, the performance of a thermal engine is much more constant.

Much more constant, on the maximum power I'm not sure at all! But given the current powers, we are rarely there (personally I am never there...)

The advantage of an EV is that it constantly monitors the battery (and probably the motors too...), on the Tesla there is an indicator, I saw an offer which indicated the % of wear... .in 20% at > 350 km...

The OBD of a thermal engine does not monitor (or barely) the wear of the cylinders or camshafts, even less of the bearings...

A thermal car runs well...until the "economic breakdown" or an inspection which makes the car irreparable...

Afterwards, it is obviously difficult to resell a used electric car.
2 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 05/03/24, 20:28

Christophe wrote:]

Much more constant, on the maximum power I'm not sure at all! But given the current powers, we are rarely there (personally I am never there...)

Come see me...I'll take you for a ride with my maxi van 1.6TDI caddy which reaches 400 km 000% original powertrain...Yet this engine has a reputation like Brassens...

I burn out a set of winter tires on the front in less than 15000 km. it must always go from 0 to 100 in less than 10 seconds

The Pmax on an engine is only held with the peripherals in good condition (turbo; exhaust, EGR, intake, flow meters, air filters, intake pressure sensor, etc.)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 05/03/24, 21:03

Christophe wrote:
I'm talking about French insurance contracts and without changing the vehicle! I am comparing exactly the same services…! Obviously the insurance companies in France, the more faithful and impeccable you are, the more they put it on you!

How is it increasing for you? : Shock:

ps: +50% eh…

Monthly contribution 2023: €168
Monthly contribution 2024: €179

For 1 Audi A6 all risks ++ (compensation at +20% of the appraisal value) 1 VW caddy broken glass theft fire (-8000km/year), 1 Audi TT roadster 225hp broken glass theft fire (-8000km/year ) 1 Citroen Czéro broken glass theft fire unlimited mileage : Cheesy:

10€75 for 168,58 rounded up to 6,37%.

My salary was increased by 7,10....

Mutual insurance for motorcyclists for 1 dtlc, 125gpz, 1goldwing for the 1100 contracts in “vintage promenade”
monthly withdrawal 17€05 in 2023 ......16€95 in 2024 : Mrgreen:

So far so good...Long live Macron, long live Lemaire & co...

And long live the war... My capital in my company savings account increased from €29000 to €340000 between November 2023 and March 01, 2024 without injecting anything into it just with the interest...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 06/03/24, 09:10

Sells cause change of vehicle ramp 4 carbs for tesla....
IMG_20240306_090810.jpg
IMG_20240306_090810.jpg (140.94 KB) Viewed times 432
4 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View phil59 » 06/03/24, 18:08

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:
No, it is absolutely necessary to charge 2 kW

Ugh... Apart from the examples I cited (I forgot work, where does that really make sense) do you often plug into a "public" 2kW socket?

Every day at work for the ion, no choice for her, T2 socket, she doesn't have, and it will only charge at 3.5 kW.

Only the chademo allows it to be charged at 40-50 kW.

At Tesla, servicing is not mandatory, and it is not uncommon to wait 100 km to do one, except for people who are "scared".

My kona, I waited 2 years, and more than 70 km to do the first service, because it was in the garage, following the fact that it had "crushed" with the lady behind the wheel.

As for the consumption on my kona, taking, over more than 70 km, I am barely above 000 kWh per 15 km, now, with the tempo rate, I am still below €100 per 2 km.

Soon I will do another assessment, I am almost at 90 km, with still the original rear tires, at the front, the lady had "cut them", around 000 km, but was still good in rubber.

I still have 2 colleagues who have gone full electric...

In rental, we are now at 5 VE...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."