Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Janic » 18/10/23, 13:12

These humans are crazy! :(
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/10/23, 14:10

crazy perhaps, certainly stupid from time to time... :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/23, 18:31

Remundo wrote:crazy perhaps, certainly stupid from time to time... :P

No doubt sponsored by the German coal lobby (the same one that screwed Fessenheim...)...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/10/23, 21:47

it's a hypothesis,

but Mumusk does the same stupid things across the Atlantic. It seems that electric trucks are ecological... especially with a 50% coal-based electric mix... : roll:

I personally proposed a simple improvement to trucks: having an electrified trailer that recovers when braking and then restarts. This should add at most 1000 kg of rolling mass.

A 30 ton machine launched at 20 m/s = 72 km/h contains a kinetic energy of 6 MJ = 1,66 kWh

There is no point in propelling such pachyderms over long distances with an electrical source. On the other hand, all you need is a small battery, say 20 kWh, to hybridize them.

Existing trucks could continue to drive with these new trailers. 3 simple buttons to manage from the cabin: Restart, neutral, regenerative braking. This would avoid any dissipative braking (mechanical, motor, or eddy current) and the impact on consumption would be around -10% in my opinion.

At the same time, fuels must be defossilized; there is no shortage of solutions. Biodiesel, gas or biogas, ED95...

Finally, the driving nature of the trailer would solve some problems in winter when the road is slippery, because the crushing weight of the trailer does not rest enough on the rear axle of the tractor truck, and its wheels slip easily. The other part of the weight resting on the non-driving wheels of the trailer... We see these pachyderms stranded or in leaf holders because of 2 cm of snow...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 18/10/23, 22:23

I changed my front axle, at 70-75 km, because I had a tire that was damaged. It was still running, soon to be worn out.

The car now has around 78 km, the rear axle I will probably change at the end of the year, even if I go to Brittany at the end of the month, 000-1400 km round trip, plus probably 1500 km there, on the week.

So, maybe we eat a little more tire in EV, but what percentage?

I can't wait to see some EV drift racing.

Is this really speaking?

What should we take away from the fact that we wear the brake pads very little?

Okay, I'll stop there for this stupidity of tires.

How is juice produced in India? How is it that with such unclean juice production, an EV, from its birth to its death, pollutes 20% less than a VT?

As for the truck, I don't know enough to give a relevant opinion, but before saying that "it's stupid", what are the figures, over 2 km? I don't know, I haven't looked for a real number...

In any case, where I work, there are more and more employee EVs. Some are already on their second, having tried with one, take a second.

Most of it is not necessarily out of “ecological type” conviction.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/10/23, 00:12

a semi-trailer consumes 40L/100 km of diesel, which is roughly the equivalent of 120 kWhelec/100 km.

You therefore need a 500 kWh battery to have 400 km of autonomy.

Around 5 tonnes... on 30 tonnes of payload, that takes away almost 20% of the CU.

And you disrupt the network when recharging, a truck must drive, not hang around. To cover 800 km per day, it must not stop for more than 2 hours, which requires the famous 1 MW “hypercharger”. What about these infrastructures? A dock for 10 trucks will need 10 MW? Delirium...

Frankly, we tend towards the ridiculous in wanting to electrify everything, especially what should not be... we have even worse dreams in aeronautics.
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/10/23, 07:41

phil59 wrote:
So, maybe we eat a little more tire in EV, but what percentage?

No, that's bullshit, what eats up the tire is the way you drive, no offense to the anti-VE who bring up the weight argument to invent greater tire wear...

For work my service vehicle is a van, with tools and parts stock it shows 1900kg on the scale... so the weight of a good EV (mine is 1700kg)
With a set of tires, I can do 90.000km
where some of my colleagues, with the same vehicle and the same load (we all do the same job, so we have the same tools and the same stock) don't even cover 30.000km
so the idea of ​​“it’s heavier so it uses more tire blablabla…” it’s bullshit
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/10/23, 08:00

Same. I had to change the tires on my c zero because they were cracked and starting to deform. Forced to change the rear brakes which did not brake because they had never been used... And then it's going to be more serious... Charger broken, but I'm going to analyze it more deeply because who knows, if it happens find it's the linki that cuts the load behind my back, so that macron can sell electricity at a knockdown price to the teutons : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/10/23, 08:50

Forhorse wrote:so the idea of ​​“it’s heavier so it uses more tire blablabla…” it’s bullshit

It's not a joke, but in fact, it's not as impactful as we imagine.

The 1st factor as you say is driving. Acceleration, braking and curves taken at high speed.

One thing that isn't said is that because the EV is heavier, it tends to have larger tires from the start. If the mileage appears the same, it is actually a larger tire that has worn out.

A factor moderating wear is that driving an EV is less annoying than driving a VT and/or that range concerns lead to much more economical driving, the tires are better off.
4 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/10/23, 21:17

Remundo wrote:A factor moderating wear is that driving an EV is less annoying than driving a VT and/or that range concerns lead to much more economical driving, the tires are better off.

Wow.

What a retrofit!

On the other hand, “concerns for autonomy lead to much more economical driving”, what problems? With the ion more than 10 years old, yes, but with the kona, I have nothing to beat, speaking like that!. You're talking about old EVs, not modern ones.

And on the ion, like macro, the tires have the same problem, and they are not worn, head type 145....

I also had the problem of the on-board charger, it's scary, but it's done well, without much knowledge. You have to provide the right fuse, which can only be seen when disassembled or assembled, the "ohmmeter" test does not measure it.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."