Fast Food Bio at Quick

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Fast Food Bio at Quick

by Christophe » 22/09/10, 01:30

Quick has just launched a 100% organic burger. A first...

quick_bio.jpg
quick_bio.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

We tested Quick's organic sandwich

Six zealous journalists from LEXPRESS.fr tasted the new 100% organic cheeseburger from the fast-food chain. Our verdict.

Available from this Tuesday, September 21, Quick's new all-organic cheeseburger will be on sale until November 29 - an organic Club sandwich will succeed it. Offered at 2,50 €, the "cheese" costs 43% more than a classic, sold at 1,75 €. As a reminder, the two main McDonald's fast food brands - 1.160 restaurants - and Quick - 366 establishments - already offered some organic products, such as fruit juice and yogurt from the children's menu.

Curiosity requires, we compared the classic cheeseburger and the organic newborn to Quick at 6 rue Faubourg Montmartre, Paris IXe.

At first sight

The difference is not striking, the organic bun is just a little darker in color than the classic. Valentine finds them both "ugly" and uninviting.

In mouth

Organic bread is firmer, less dry and sweet than its friend. Some testers find it satisfactory, while others, like Laurent, find it austere: "I prefer the normal cheeseburger, all the flavors blend easily in the mouth at least". Note that Laurent at the same time ordered a Tentation sandwich dripping with cheese ("sublime").

Suite and source: http://www.lexpress.fr/styles/saveurs/o ... 21209.html

So? A nonsense, pure marketing product or real advanced meeting a demand of society? Not on seeing the conclusion of the Express testers:

Neither of us will buy it again, "unless there's the menu." The organic version stands out too little to be really tempting.

On fast food:

sustainable-consumption / control-mcdonalds-fast-food-nation-le-jeu-t2455.html
agriculture / food-inc-a-docu-film-on-the-agrifood-industry-us-t8792.html

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/09/10, 02:35

... pure beef? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/10, 11:35

Shhh, don't talk about the angry subjects : Cheesy:

Joking aside, apart from a few "additives" to improve the tenderness (and other?) Of their steak, it seems to me that it's pure beef ... at quick and macdo ...

It remains to be seen to what% an additive remains one ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/09/10, 17:59

1) This again raises the whole question of what an "organic certification" is. In other words, that of its limits.

2) There is a continuum of questions to ask: organic from the other side of the world (very trivial; regulatory), organic in collective catering, organic from department store organic shelves, and finally, organic at McDonald's.

3) In other words, that of organic = catch-gogo! Why not Mc Do?

4) I must have already written it, I repeat myself: I prefer certain "conventional" products from our region to organic treated with a high dose of copper sulphate (natural, but toxic, copper; in particular for soils ), organic falsely certified by pharmacies in some countries where passports sell like hot cakes on any street corner (then an "organic" certificate!) ... But I am not "organic"! I'm just trying to be sane.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/10, 19:42

Do not always see everything if black didi !!

Yes it is better to have local organic than "exotic" imported organic ... but it is better to import organic than non-imported organic ... I also get angry when I see organic apples from chili under celophane ... but hey ... I do not buy that's all ...

Anyway I think, given the different health affairs around beef, that the meat of French fast food is ... French ... and if it is the case just go to the sites of the 2 chains to verify it because they will highlight it ...

Search here: http://groupe.quick.fr/fr/quick-sengage

Examples: http://groupe.quick.fr/fr/quick-sengage/qualite

The beef we use comes from the front parts of the animals. Our minced steaks are 100% pure beef, pure muscle with no additives or offal. The fat content is less than 20% for a good taste.

The traceability system is total, from the breeding to the restaurant. Quick has developed a partnership with its suppliers based on compliance with working methods and three-level specifications guaranteeing food safety: traceability, sanitary standards and technical requirements.

The principle of traceability, that is to say "ability to find the history, the location of a product by means of a registered identification" is valid for all the meats used by Quick, beef and chicken.

The so-called "bottom-up" traceability makes it possible, from the date of manufacture carried on a carton of minced steaks, to go back to the list of passport numbers of all the slaughtered cattle belonging to the batch of meat concerned.

Well, they do not say that she is French their barbaque ... :?: :?:

For organic certifications, there must be some differences from one country to another but I think, no I hope, that there is a global homogeneity ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/09/10, 02:28

In my youth I was "floor magager" at Mc Do, like many students to pay for their lessons. However, a study was circulating at the time, which did not give more nutrients to a burger than if you had eaten a roll of toilet paper!
In reality the problem with "hamburger + cola + fries" is that together they release a real "discharge" of chemical poisons with a high acidity rate in the body (everyone should know that we are not eating bread with meat, but at least one root, such as potatoes or carrots). The "bad fats" used are also transformed into "trans" acids instead of being in the "cis" form etc ... (Sorry for the Belgians, but fried potatoes lose the virtues of what would be supposed to provide this vegetable steamed in the diet ... in a pinch in the oven without oil).

As elements of "living" food there is hardly a leaf of salad ... the tip of pickle (sour) and freeze-dried onions, (re-acid) count as butter.

Do you want me to tell you about the "menu" with the fat from the fries, cola, and even ketchup? : Mrgreen:

... We never talk about it, but there are many acidity precursors in modern food, while there are few foods that provide "bases". The bulk of the trap is there. Whether this food is "organic" or not, it's a mess!

PS: Didi is right with the organic certification, only the farmers "commit" to doing organic and to follow guidelines ... During checks, the attendant is often content to only check the invoices entered in the account and visit the stocks ... As for taking samples in the soil, it seems pipeau. They simply do not have the time to control "as it should", far too few inspectors for an armada of farms to visit ... And in the event of fraud, it is not very restrictive ...
So unless you know the producer and be sure how he produces ... by buying "organic" we will have better production than forced production, but the guarantee is not given.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/09/10, 22:47

For those who absolutely want organic. Here is some "super organic":
http://www.bio-dynamie.org/organismes-n ... emeter.htm
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Label_Demeter
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/10, 12:12

Let's not rush things Obamot ...

We will already see if organic products from quick are still there in 6 months ... :?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/09/10, 16:16

Quincke is marketing that's all ... after the "Hallal" fast food, they start to do organic, they only follow market trends, let's not dream, their goal : Arrow: $$$$$$$$!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/09/10, 20:01

We live in a wonderful world! : Mrgreen: And this thread brings interesting details, I think the name "bio", used by Quick, has the effect of luring the consumer (voluntarily or not). Because generally in a Cartesian spirit a product "bio" sounds like "good for health".

We can see very clearly that"an organic product":
- does not necessarily mean that it is "organic" ... (what a scandal!)
- is not proof that it will have the virtues "dietetics" supposed ... (This would also be the case with a margarine "bio", since it would always be a poison containing "trans" acids, very harmful).
- will no longer give us "good conscience" by swallowing "junk food" ... As soon as the name is demystified ...
- associated with an unhealthy product, no longer means that there is a profitable link between "food and the pleasure of healthy eating", and that is more serious ...

These are ugly traps to take into account!
Last edited by Obamot the 25 / 09 / 10, 20: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x