Mitsubishi iMiev on sale!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Mitsubishi iMiev on sale!

by bamboo » 20/08/10, 16:56

Mitsu is doing specials

Across the Channel, Mitsubishi is breaking prices for all customers of the small electric i-MiEV. Offered for sale, and to order, against the sum, pharaonic, of 38 Pounds Sterling (about 699 euros) English customers did not seem frankly ready to put their hands in the pocket. Logical ?! Consequently, the Japanese manufacturer drastically lowers the selling price of its electric city car. It will still be necessary to have green fiber and a few pennies aside to sign the order form…

And this even if the price of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV was therefore reduced to 28 Pounds Sterling or around 990 euros.

http://www.leblogauto.com/2010/08/i-miev-mitsubishi-casse-les-prix.html
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/08/10, 19:00

Frankly: a peanut at the price of a beautiful sedan! Bof! Do we have any idea of ​​the price per kilometer on, say 400.000 km, taking into account the renewal of the batteries?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 20/08/10, 19:30

Scheduled commercial failure ... :|
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 21/08/10, 21:20

elephant wrote:Frankly: a peanut at the price of a beautiful sedan! Bof! Do we have any idea of ​​the price per kilometer on, say 400.000 km, taking into account the renewal of the batteries?

Yes, it's still expensive ...
I don't think the price of the batteries is already known ...
In any case, I don't know him ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 22/08/10, 00:22

I think (but I can be wrong) that the prices of this kind of EV are just foutage of mouth.
They try to make us believe that an electric motor and its electronics cost more than a heat engine and its transmission (gearbox)
While the number of mechanical parts is much lower and their machining is both less complex and with much wider machining tolerances.
And for electronics I don't even talk about it. It's no more complicated than an LCD or plasma screen that comes out of the chain of Chinese factories ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/08/10, 11:08

indy49 wrote:Yes, it's still expensive ...
I don't think the price of the batteries is already known ...
In any case, I don't know him ...

Probably more than 50% of the price of the new car ... because there is not much else expensive on an electric car ...
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 23/08/10, 08:55

For Forhorse:

Do not forget the development costs, especially for certification, and the costs incurred to establish / respect a standard.

What is more, they are counting on a relatively low number of sales (planning difficult to assess correctly) => production in 'small' series, it drives up costs.

But I do not lose hope, the next generations should be cheaper.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 23/08/10, 08:56

Forhorse wrote:I think (but I can be wrong) that the prices of this kind of EV are just foutage of mouth.
They try to make us believe that an electric motor and its electronics cost more than a heat engine and its transmission (gearbox)
While the number of mechanical parts is much lower and their machining is both less complex and with much wider machining tolerances.
And for electronics I don't even talk about it. It's no more complicated than an LCD or plasma screen that comes out of the chain of Chinese factories ...

The price of an EV is only dictated by the price of the batteries ... When the machining tolerances, I don't see what you mean ... mechanics has rules that are the same for everything, from elsewhere in 33 years of engine mechanics and others, I have not seen the tolerances vary (in truth a little: the mounting tolerances are sometimes a little expanded due to the appearance of surface treatments and the elimination of assemblies by tolerance class for reasons of optimization / simplification of production, supplies and storage) ...
unless you go back to the horse-drawn cart: there, the tolerances are wider : Lol:
Power electronics are expensive and absolutely not comparable with household electronics ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/10, 09:03

Forhorse wrote:I think (but I can be wrong) that the prices of this kind of EV are just foutage of mouth.

I think the same and I have some proof: the Li-Ion battery of our electrically assisted bicycle costs less than that of an electric car of the same technology ... comparison reduced, obviously, to the stored energy.

The capacity of an electric car battery is more than 100 times that of a bicycle. Technological logic would like the mass effect to make it less expensive per kWh stored ... but no ...

So there is necessarily a "bug" somewhere ...
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 24/08/10, 09:33

But yes, it is the novelty effect that we charge more than normal according to the good old economic rule that we learn in school: "what is rare is expensive"
In short the good old law of supply and demand, but barely rigged (barely).
They are really profiteers, who stop at nothing to spit the brouzoufs on the average pequin.
Grrrr, band of b ......... !!!!
: Evil:
0 x