Delayed delay on washing machine how to do?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 07/03/10, 14:14

Basic solution without electronics (just welds or extensions of electric wires)

You need to buy a digital weekly timer.
There are none for less than 10 €.
You can do 3 different programs per day, each day of the week.
Minimum unit of a program: 1 minute

This is the programming sequence of the digital weekly prog, for getting started:

ON : Arrow: CAR : Arrow: OFF : Arrowd:

: Arrowu: : Arrowl: CAR : Arrowl: : Arrowl: : Arrowl:

It should be understood that if you want to postpone an automatic start, according to the times entered previously, you must go to OFF before setting AUTO.

(If you switch to ON before AUTO, the time program is executed immediately, and when it is finished resets to automatic)

If you only have an off-peak time slot between 0:30 a.m. and in the morning, you program, for every day of the week, a one-minute program around 1 a.m.

When this program runs, it will simulate a one-minute continuous push on the Play button.
(This must be sufficient lol, but not detrimental to the machine)

So to schedule a night start:
1- Set the timer to AUTO
2- Switch on the LV market
3- Program the washing style on the machine
4- Leave the machine in this state, waiting for a delayed press on the Play button.

If the next day, you don't want to wash for the night, you will have to turn off (or not turn on) your dishwasher. So when the weekly prog pushes the Play button, it will have no effect.

It goes without saying that one day, if you program a wash for the night, and you immediately go on vacation when you leave your home, your dishwasher will run the first night and end, but may restart every other night. following, identically ...

: Arrow: You must connect inside your dishwasher to the 2 contacts of the Play button, a wire which will come out of the machine (taken from the button, the wires or the control board).
These 2 wires will go to the digital weekly time programmer, on the 2 relay terminals, which will simulate a push of the Play button at the right time.

You can make an interface at the exit of the dishwasher in order to separate the link in case of displacement (Male and Female connector)

Modification of the digital weekly timer:

Inside there is a relay that switches a current of 16A.
You must remove (remove) the 230V connections on the relay output contacts and put only the 2 wires coming out of the dishwasher (contacts open)

To see bigger

2 opportunities:
1- Remove all 230V outputs on the relay contacts and on the female socket.
Use the programmer output socket to connect the 2 poles to the 2 rest contacts of the relay. And use a simple electrical plug to connect the 2 Play wires of the dishwasher.
If you inadvertently plug a mixer into this socket, nothing will happen, since there is no current source (possibly looping).
But your programmer will use one location on one electrical connection, and the dishwasher another.
2- Remove the 230V links with the rest contacts of this relay. Connect the 2 wires (Play) coming from the dishwasher directly to it.
Use the 230V female socket with free output to put the 230V + Earth coming directly from the male socket of the programmer. In fact, it becomes a simple extension to connect your dishwasher.
You save a take. This is best to avoid the clutter of an electrical strip.

* The second modification seems preferable.
It should be understood that it will be necessary to transplant a small wire on the continuity of the "neutral" between the input and output 230 V sockets, to supply the electronic box via the input resistance.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 18/03/10, 19:35

Hi gegyx
Thank you for all these details. I hadn't seen your answer.
I will definitely do like this. But I don't know yet when I'll have time to lean on it.
I just received a response from Hot Point Ariston's sales department. They have no solution for me regarding this dishwasher and they have provided me with an exploded view of the machine.
Again thank you for your help.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 18/03/10, 21:21

Ah thank you Peet.

I still believed that I had written this for nothing ... :D

You do as you see fit.
---
It was a possible solution not to tamper with electronics when you can't or don't want to.
Just a little understanding and logic in the connections so as not to spark off.
---
Now for those who love, a little electronic hack is possible, a little module that we add.
If you have the electronic diagram of your machine, you scan and make a pdf or a link to it.
The real image on this forum will not be readable enough (enlarged) because it is limited to 1000 pixels.
---
Now I find this response from the after-sales service curious ...
- Or it works.
- Or it doesn't.
If it must keep the program memory in the event of an interruption and it does not, it is not functional.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 20/03/10, 09:49

Yes what is strange is that they did not provide me with an electrical diagram either.

Response from the consumer service:
We acknowledge receipt of your email regarding your HOTPOINT / ARISTON LFS 114 dishwasher, and we apologize for the delay in responding.

By return, please find attached the electrical diagram of your device.

By return, we inform you that it is not possible to start your dishwasher automatically in off-peak hours.

Hoping to have met your expectations, please receive, Mr. MEAGLIA, our sincere greetings.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... owYoVD.pdf
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/03/10, 17:47

Yes, it's nice of them to send a "technical doc" that does not correspond to the question of your problem ...

No reference behind the "play" button and the rear electronic module.

On the other hand in 17 and 18, there is a card reader ...
Devil ! : Cheesy:

(maybe the model that suits you would only have the program that changes?)

Maybe a compassionate member whose job it is will have the plans or the solution.

---
Otherwise! ... Hack ...

By soldering 2 wires in // on the play button.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 20/03/10, 18:27

Ah yes say so what is this thing?
A card reader in a dishwasher is not common !!
I guess the right card would allow me to have a more advanced program.
Unless it is a card that allows to record machine faults allowing easier troubleshooting for the after-sales service
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"