Recorder anemograph for wind study

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 29/01/10, 15:56

If you do not want data storage like a PC on site, then a bike computer should be enough for you, because the km traveled = number of laps accumulated should give you a good indication of the power produced, once your system calibrated.

If you want instant speed every s, then an old laptop without a screen, with a usb stick instead of the hard drive, and the usb system that I had put before, will give you everything you want for cheap. An old truck battery should be enough to power it, with a solar panel whose cumulative power will also give you the solar potential.
0 x
See you soon !
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 29/01/10, 16:03

fam wrote:.. what counts is speed n / lap at a given time and this every x (time), which a bike computer does not give I think)

why want instantaneous speed at regular time interval ?? I do not understand.

what matters in the end is the capacity of the wind on the site to produce electricity. therefore its "power" integrated over time.

certainly an average wind of 20km / h can be obtained by a constant wind of 20km / h or a wind of 40km / h half the time but the wind turbine production will be almost the same in both cases (at yields near the wind turbine at these speeds.
since you also have downtime and running time, I think that's enough.

that said, if you take a meter with usb recording like the mavic wintech (68 €) you have the recording of the speed profile of the course.
0 x
Click my signature
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/01/10, 17:28

What is the purpose of this wind turbine installation? I suppose it was to produce power for the barn in question?
I know Auvergne a little bit, having spent a few days on vacation several years in a row, and it is certain that on these bare plateaus it often blows. Personally I would avoid the trouble of doing the slightest study if the production of this wind turbine is intended for the proper consumption of the building. Given the conditions there will be production, it is indisputable.
To be autonomous there are only two means: solar and wind, none can agree 100% of the time for 100% of the needs. Apart from investing in a huge stock of batteries, there is no other solution than to couple the 2.
For me useless to make the slightest study, the little that each solution will bring is one more step towards autonomy.
Do not seek profitability on a standalone site, I think it's almost unattainable. We must seek autonomy and know how much investment we are ready to make for that.

I work myself on the electrification of an isolated barn (the ERDF connection was refused to me for "not profitable" reason) which I would present here later. For the moment I will equip it with 500Wp of PV panels, and then I will add a wind turbine. As a backup I have a 4KVA diesel generator with electric start.
Currently I work in the automation cabinet to manage all this, but I hope with solar + wind to cover 100% of the needs.
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 29/01/10, 17:38

fam wrote:What I like more is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWdELuG ... r_embedded.
It's not bad at all for a complete solution but still too expensive for my taste. (150 £) or nearly 200 euros including shipping.

Thanks for your help

If I may, for a project that would surely cost more than 1000 euros, 200 euros including shipping for this very very complete anemometer, it's not expensive at all.
And if in addition, you want to pay it back later and maybe even make money with it, you would be able to make statements for people who would need it or else, you will be the scammer and you sell it more expensive than what it cost you.
0 x
fam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by fam » 29/01/10, 18:17

Thank you for your messages and your interest in this.

I believe that a good project is working seriously.
Regarding the wind turbine, it seems important to me to know the instantaneous speeds and the production periods in order to establish the specifications of the wind turbine / start-up speed, stall, etc. as well as the periods without production for calculate the minimum autonomy required.

It is certain that the "energy" solution will involve a combination of production and storage.
In addition, there are a series of other non-negligible points to settle, such as water insulation heating sanitation etc and I will come back in due course forums appropriate. I am also considering creating a blog to reflect the progress of the project.

Of course 200eur is not important in the budget but I find that it represents more the price of the development of the product mentioned than its cost of production plus profit margin, hence my first message.

cordially
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/01/10, 18:52

fam wrote:

What I found is this:
http://www.eco-technologie.net/index.ph ... 21&lang=fr but at 250 Eur without detailed description I am not interested
What I like more is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWdELuG ... r_embedded.

Indeed, the 2 solutions are interesting.

I do not see what you can find cheaper than consumer electronics: what good is a DIY that works poorly when the goal is not this DIY but the data collection.

Resell on e-bay when your measurement campaign is finished.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/01/10, 21:59

why put 200 euro in a measurement system?

put 200euro in a small wind turbine that will do what it can, and at least enough to power a small pc that will record everything in detail

then when the results of this first small wind turbine have been used to make a bigger one, the first small wind turbine will always be useful as a rescue
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/01/10, 11:28

blah! to have his PC stolen?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/01/10, 11:42

let him steal his pc, his wind turbine, his batteries, his inverter ...

I had the same problem, I had my equipment stolen ...

since I put a pc and cameras and it sends everything by internet: whoever tries to steal the pc will have unpleasant surprises, I do not guarantee that the traps that I have put are not dangerous nor legal ...
0 x
fam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by fam » 22/03/10, 10:22

Hello

Here I crossed the course and bought on the net the coveted product and which corresponds 100% to my expectations therefore this post can be closed.

cordially
see you soon for the rest of my isolated site adventures ...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."