Calorie recovery wood insert on heating circuit

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Pascalk
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Calorie recovery wood insert on heating circuit

by Pascalk » 12/01/10, 23:32

Hello,

Here I go.
I have the idea of ​​recovering the calories from my wood insert which is located in my living room to re-inject them on the return circuit of the radiators before entering the oil boiler in order to limit its operation.

I have access to the back of the insert in the corridor which goes down to the cellar.
I have the idea of ​​placing a small cast iron radiator behind the insert in order to capture the heat and send the heated fluid into the normal circuit of the radiators.
The boiler delivers a maximum of 35 KW there are 16 aluminum radiators on the circuit (2 radiators are always fully open) and the insert delivers a maximum of 9 KW. The insert is operational during the day

Sketch to briefly explain the idea.

Is the idea a risk and if so how to remedy it

Thank you in advance

Pascal
0 x
Thank you for your help and advices
Pascal
delbecq
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by delbecq » 13/01/10, 00:16

hello paschal
I have the pleasure of using a wood boiler with heat recovery, which is presented as you wish, in other words the dressing is done to your taste.
This heater works with a fireplace in the living room and heats it easily. 8 radiators are connected to it and heat the house without problems even at -1 0 ° c.
I use it for 8 years.The exchanger is tubes..in stainless steel.
Its design is the work of a heating engineer ...
Attention this material to be reliable and on must absolutely come from a pro ... Why? Suppose a power failure your circulator stops ... pressure increase .... damage ....
4 safety devices are mandatory 1 safety valve which trips at 6 bars. 1 automatic water addition device in case of lack of pressure. 1 battery device allowing the circulator to work for approximately 1 hour without 220v power supply. 1 non-return valve, 1 separate circulator etc ... Advice visit the site DDG (google search) or ddg-heating.com and read the reviews ...
This is the opinion of a satisfied user (see attachment)
0 x