Change car, wait or not?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/02/11, 01:20

Remundo wrote:... but beware, as said Citrus, you will have to troubleshoot / maintain the vehicle alone ... But I think that in Prague or in France, this will ultimately make little difference on the VE PSA of the 2000s. :?
Hi Yannko,
I understand your enthusiasm. : Mrgreen:
However, I reiterate my warnings, you are embarking on an adventure by buying this pioneer vehicle. :?
Importing coins from France should be a little more hassle. Anyway, I am in a bad position to judge, I have a stock of several hundred VE PSAs, and spare parts within 200m from my office ... :?
I can not judge your autonomy, not knowing your type of route, the elevation ...
The price of a 2-seater, in standard condition, should not exceed 5000 € from my point of view.
5000km, it is too far apart for flooding. The SAFT engineers I frequent say not to exceed 4000km, but Peugeot did not want to reduce the maintenance intervals to 4000km ...
You MUST have an electronic box to make the water, otherwise you destroy the batteries ...
My average autonomy is indeed> 70km but it is better to count on 55 to 65km at the beginning, the time to know your vehicle well in all seasons.

I am at your disposal and invite you to register on the forum vehicleselectriques.free.fr or the community will give you all the necessary advice. No one is immune to a breakdown and it would be regrettable, given the investment made that you find yourself in a pain on your own.
I bought my 106 2 seater from an isolated amateur in the depths of the Corrèze (is it worse than the Czech Republic?) Who was about to scrap it for a stupid charger failure ...

For all these reasons, keep your R19, and keep it in driving condition.
The R19 is a good horse, much better than the competing BX that I have owned ... But I was not yet an econologist to realize this ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 07/02/11, 10:57

Philippe Schutt wrote:At the time Peugeot was doing stratified combustion studies, which were completely abandoned when the catalysts became compulsory.
Exactly!

The catalyst having become compulsory, its operation (and its lifetime) requires a very precise adjustment of the mixture.
This adjustment is ensured by the lambda probe coupled to the injection, which is mission impossible for a carburetor.

As the catalyst only works for combustion in stoichiometric proportions, this obligation effectively cut short all the studies of operation in lean mixture (excess of air compared to the fuel) which could have made it possible to reduce consumption a little more .

The catalyst therefore reduces pollution linked to unburnt, CO and other NOx, but indirectly increases the quantity of CO² produced ...

I drove a few weeks with a lambda HS sensor and my consumption had dropped by a good 1/2 liter per 100 ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/02/11, 11:13

I had a 1.8GTI golf cab returned from the USA catalyzed ... It had lost 15hp (at least) and gained 2l / 100 in consumption compared to a non-catamaran ... Once the odious outrages erased ... C had once again become a relatively sober car for its power ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/11, 11:25

Gaston wrote:
Philippe Schutt wrote:The catalyst therefore reduces pollution linked to unburnt, CO and other NOx, but indirectly increases the quantity of CO² produced ...

Absolutely !!

It muzzles the exit of the exhaust gases, the engine must "push" to turn them.

In more scientific terms, there is a large pressure drop (aerodynamic and dissipative) on the exhaust line.

On Diesel FAPs, we even use fuel burning in the FAP to clean up.

Youpi! :P
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 07/02/11, 11:37

Remundo wrote:It muzzles the exit of the exhaust gases, the engine must "push" to turn them.
Yes, it is a second effect (lower power compared to the same non-catalyzed engine) that goes in the same direction.

Remundo wrote:On Diesel FAPs, we even use fuel burning in the FAP to clean up.
To periodically clean the DPF.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 07/02/11, 12:56

Philippe Schutt wrote:with a double Weber body.

Finally good double body if you drive on / off it kills too!

Philippe Schutt wrote:All that to say that ultimately your R19 does not pollute much more than a current car of the same category.

The "old" ones consumed the same or even less thanks to their "feather" weight. Just compare the weight of a 19 R1990 (base model barely a ton) with a 2010 megane (300kg more)
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 07/02/11, 16:01

Thank you for all these reactions!

Just a quick comment, I feel good with my R19, because the 1.4 double body, while being economical, delivers benefits and honorable performance given its age and consumption (1989, 80 horses, and an average consumption of 6.8 a 7 L / 100 km).

The weight of the car is 940 kg when empty I think.

I do not roll "gently", but I anticipate, I do not brake unnecessarily, etc ... On the other hand, I roll on the ground laughing when I flatten a Q5 2.0 TDI or modern dungs ​​(just put a stroke of 3rd when a funny guy wants to do the race imbeciliously or overtake on the right, having seen the old Renault and wanting to show "that he has the biggest", and he quickly finds himself behind ...).

Citro, I agree with you, there is a share of risk and adventure, but the seller gave me all the contacts + suppliers of spare parts and batteries in the region, in addition I thanks to you contacts them here and on forums electric car, I am not totally "alone", and the idea pleases me in addition to being innovative (especially here!). Frankly, after this test, hard to come back to a steaming after :? ! But of course I keep in mind your recommendation. What would be a reasonable price in your opinion, given the excellent condition?

At the beginning, the Saxo elec 'would be useful to me to make journeys of 50 km every day, which seems reasonable to me not to risk too much at first?

Remundo, currently my garage is not electrified, but it is in the planning stage and it is the business of an afternoon (we have already worked out precisely). At work, no problem, I can park in a parking lot outside, or even shelters.

By the way, is it a problem to have the car outside when it snows? If the car is covered from work, no risk? Is driving in heavy rain or snowfall ok?

Hold Macro I wanted your opinion, if you want to give it of course, on the Merco, and your recommendations to roll in oil for a beginner : Mrgreen: (preferably 100% of course)!
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 07/02/11, 16:19

Audi Q5 Vs R19 80cv ....

Maybe we shouldn't push. Despite the weight of the machine, the Q5 has a huge torque.

The guy shouldn't be all over the place.
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 07/02/11, 16:51

No, I agree moby, but on the side I swear to you that the guy started again (it was by -10 or -15 ° C so we saw direct when the cars accelerated, it made a hell of a lot of exhaust), and because of its 1t750, it's still not severe (finally, 950 Kg for 80 hp or 1750 Kg for 170 hp (350 Nm), the RPP at something close is quite similar isn't it?).

The fact that the 19 goes up to 6000 laps surely arranged me a little in this situation, but I admit that the Q5 grows well for sure ... Anyway it was just to continue the comparison, I don't not hunting SUVs outside of that.

Good this Saxo me serious branch, no pun 8) :P !
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/02/11, 22:05

Philippe Schutt wrote:As far as I can remember, a properly tuned fuel is more economical than an injection with equal performance. In particular, Peugeot injected very early and it was rather chasms.

No, if the engine is well designed (for the economy and not the sporting aspect) the injection model is much more efficient in terms of consumption and pollution.

I think the vaporization of a fuel is finer.

On the contrary, atomization is much better with injection. The size of the drops depends directly on the acceleration they undergo at the outlet of the injector to split them, and when it comes out at 150 bars for the older ones it is already much much better than with a few millibar of depression in a carburetor ... (I find the article more, but it's like more than 10 times smaller for the drops)

All that to say that ultimately your R19 does not pollute much more than a current car of the same category. It simply stinks more and if its emissions are more harmful while being naturally oxidized, it is very temporary.

Not all the same, look at the progress over the last 20 years:

http://www.vehiculespropres.net/Dossier ... Neufs.html

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."