boiler coupling wood and oil: map and diagram

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/02/11, 22:07

I am completely in phase with looping with regard to the principle of including a programmable room thermostat in the circuit, which would control circulators A and C.
Thanks to this device at a low cost, you can program a reduction in the night temperature, which will bring you a significant saving, both in wood and in fuel, with in addition a gain in comfort (better sleep) and health. The economy pays the expense and much more from the first winter.

Indeed, as long as the water at the top of the balloon is warmer than the return water, it seems to me interesting to keep the balloon on.

one more thing: Circulator C must not be there, but on the radiator loop. Your setup is for a 1-way V4.
0 x
stoa
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stoa » 19/02/11, 21:46

Philippe, can you attach a diagram?

Arthur
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/02/11, 20:00

Your scheme is generally good if you want to stay in a serial mode, simply the circulator C is put with A (or else you replace A with a bigger one and you eliminate C). The interest of a serial montage is questionable, each has its preferences. In my opinion, the 1000L tank loses its security utility, the boiler already fulfilling the role of buffer.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ESPXWM.pdf

For the wood boiler, it is better to have a thermovar, 65 ° is a classic that is in stock with wholesalers. The circulator rotates from 50 ° to homogenize the T ° of the boiler. But if you have a kit, all of that should be included in it, just like the check valve.

To be able to independently adjust the tilting temperature of the V3V, this assembly should do so.
0 x
stoa
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stoa » 27/02/11, 21:13

Thanks, Philippe
I'm going to see this with my heating engineer.
0 x
F Moreau
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Coupling wood and fuel boiler: plan and diagram

by F Moreau » 07/11/17, 09:34

Bjr the Eco '
My installation has something similar:
We had an oil boiler buderus + (medium) Buffer tank and DHW mixture
We added a Lohberger log stove in the living room with boiler,
The heating engineer put it in series with the boiler, which is series with the balloon,
AND plugged it in as if it were a solar hot water

As we mainly use wood heating and leave the boiler off, we have all the disadvantages:
Before having a lukewarm radiator it takes a long time, the domestic hot water is never hot, and as the fuel oil boiler is "master" if the wood stove sends water too hot for the boiler setting, it does not. takes more water, therefore obliged to adjust the oil boiler fully, but off, otherwise the hot return is too hot and no longer cools the boiler enough, in short

Considered solution:
- do not re-enter the wood stove like solar in the boiler, the wood is independent, the installation turns no matter which is on and then put the oil boiler only in night mode, low temp.
- add a three way which would short circuit the boiler to send the wood stove water directly into the radiators up to 70deg, the water above this temp, the water would go into the boiler then the tank before leaving in the radiators
Advantages, reactive radiators, when I put logs in the living room it also heats up quickly elsewhere
Disadvantages domestic hot water is lukewarm (I add an electric water heater for DHW

Attached diagram, of course it has all the security on the back of the Löhberger peole (not shown here,
The question relates to the three ways, possible anti return and connections of the various circulators currently three: one which connects fuel oil boiler and balloon, one which connects stove and boiler and one for the radiators, with the three ways, it is the wood stove circulator which would send to the radiators (what would it be?), what if it turns at the same time as the other radiator circulator

Voila, thank you already,

Fr
Attachments
IMG_7807.PNG
IMG_7807.PNG (444.05 KIO) Accessed 4932 times
1 x