EcoWatt 850 overall conso follower: testing and analysis

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
jean111
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jean111 » 23/12/11, 19:03

I had indeed used the "Equinox" tool ... but I went back to the "Elink" software because there were things that did not suit me in the presentation, and even there were buggs.
The Elink software works pretty well, except that it does not show me the good week (50 instead of 51) ...

In fact I would like to make curves according to my needs, and for that it would need a simple tool :?: :?:
Indeed, the problems arose as soon as the data was collected: there were "holes", therefore, why not start again from the list of raw data provided by Ecowatt, and convert it into a classic Excel sheet (1 column per data). , and in chronological order)
With this base, everyone (who knows a little excel) could work according to their own needs. But I do not have the skills to do it.
I hope I have been clear ... In the meantime, happy holidays to all
0 x
Ekinox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ekinox » 23/12/11, 19:38

Before discovering the work of MicMar (who coded the interface between Excel and ecowatt), I retrieved the data imported by eLink.
Maybe it will meet your expectations ...
Here's what you can do:
- importing data into eLink (classic)
- I save this data on the PC (backup / restore button)
- it creates a file (csv it seems to me) that just open or copy / paste in Excel
- Then, Excel and its macros do the rest ... (passing raw data to easily exploitable data (date, day, conso, etc ...)).
- behind, everyone will set up the tables he wants.

I want to make available to each of you this import tool (see private message).

Note: eLink's output format is software version sensitive. I know I am using the "original" eLink in my tool (not the very latest version). But hey, I imagine that it will not take lgtps to adapt it if necessary.
0 x
Gnome
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecowatt under linux

by Gnome » 15/02/12, 10:16

Based on the work of Ekinox and MicMar, I made this app to import data Ecowatt 850 linux CSV format. for those interested in my work it is available under GPL license at this address, all reviews, improvements, questions are welcome

Thank you and see you soon.

Do not hesitate to contact me for more info.

https://code.launchpad.net/~gnome-sage/+junk/Ecowatt
0 x
wiglyfr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

ecowatt 850

by wiglyfr » 17/03/12, 00:28

Hello everybody
I am new to the forum and by dint of reading the characteristics of the ecowatt 850, I just ordered one from conrad.
I called them to have a little info: can I connect the amperetric clamp around a cable containing 3 son (phase neutral earth) or is it mandatory to put it around the phase.
The technician told me that it will not change the result, +/- 3% ...

can you confirm the info?

In fact, I will first put the clip to my table (so easy to isolate the phase) but in an 2th time, I intend to walk around the house to test the radiators for example ... so me easy if it is necessary to denude everything!

FYI, I have a home 100% electric ... with a small insert in the living room that allows me to have more heat quickly from time to time.

thank you
0 x
Christophe

Re: ecowatt 850

by Christophe » 17/03/12, 06:36

Hi and welcome!

wiglyfr wrote:Hello everybody
I am new to the forum and by dint of reading the characteristics of the ecowatt 850, I just ordered one from conrad.

Too bad we had it at home too: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html

wiglyfr wrote:I called them to have a little info: can I connect the amperetric clamp around a cable containing 3 son (phase neutral earth) or is it mandatory to put it around the phase.
The technician told me that it will not change the result, +/- 3% ...

can you confirm the info?

It tells anything ... a clamp meter only works if there is only ONE current carrying conductor at the level of measurement (against 1 driver + earth will also work)!

It's always a pleasure to do the after-sales of the competitors ... : Cheesy:

wiglyfr wrote:In fact, I will first put the clip to my table (so easy to isolate the phase) but in an 2th time, I intend to walk around the house to test the radiators for example ... so me easy if it is necessary to denude everything!

Yes it will denude ... the simplest is to make a mini extension bare with the clamp ... Otherwise you can buy a device like this: https://www.econologie.com/shop/wattmetr ... -p-20.html ou https://www.econologie.com/shop/prise-el ... p-238.html

wiglyfr wrote:FYI, I have a home 100% electric ... with a small insert in the living room that allows me to have more heat quickly from time to time.

If you want to work on this, we have a forum heater: https://www.econologie.com/forums/confort-th ... -vf67.html (decrease electricity)
0 x
raf0306
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

QUESTION before purchase

by raf0306 » 10/04/12, 18:19

Hello,

I will want to know if it is possible to measure only one room of the house.

Let me explain: I want to know my personal consumption in my room, so can we connect the ecowatt 850 after the fuse in my room and not on the main power?

Thank you for your answers

RAF
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/04/12, 20:42

Absolutely: if you have a dedicated circuit breaker / fuse for your room, just put the clip of the ecowatt on its output (or next entry where you have the most space ...)
0 x
raf0306
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by raf0306 » 11/04/12, 14:52

@Christophe: Ok, thanks;)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/04/12, 20:45

I have a problem with the mine. I just highlight boxes after the move and the transmitter no longer wants to know anything with fresh batteries (and tested) : Shock:
Strange though it worked nickel for almost 2 years
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/04/12, 23:35

Possible very short surge of a few seconds on the sector, like love at first sight a few hundred meters ??
As I had on other devices!

From one place to another it varies enormously, for me 91 once in 40 years, 77 and 83 (even the lightning making a hole in the house) once or twice a year, because even more in the countryside with long EDF son !!
0 x