My stable, econological renovation project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/12/10, 18:43

aerialcastor should read and assimilate the basic scientific articles on photosynthesis, petroleum formation, the carbon cycle etc ... before getting anything out by heating up in front of a beamer which would have been very useful under his car !!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynth%C3%A8se
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_du_carbone
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roche_carbon%C3%A9e

CO2 is not dissociated significantly by UV, no more than oxygen, epsilon in ozone at high altitude !!

The assertions of the 1970s were not commercial but serious based on the reserves known at the time, as currently where we are close to the peak, let's say !!

This is why we need a global view that puts things into perspective !!

The first elements thus produced, via the Calvin cycle, are sugars (glucose). This process is represented by the following equation:
6CO2 + 12H2O + light → C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6H2O.

This equation is also often encountered in the form of a simple matter balance, which masks the fact that the atoms of the oxygen produced only come from water:
6CO2 + 6H2O + light → C6H12O6 + 6O2

One of the great scientific challenges is to calculate, with an acceptable approximation, the planetary carbon stocks and fluxes. They are measured in gigatonnes (Gt) or billion tonnes; the current estimates are (Gt of carbon):

* 750 Gt in the atmosphere;
* 38 Gt in the intermediate ocean (medium and deep), ie 100 times more than in the atmosphere;
* 3 Gt in soils;
* 610 Gt for flora and fauna.

As for the annual carbon exchanges (CO2) between the atmosphere and the Earth, most of them are natural:

* 60 Gt between vegetation and atmosphere;
* 90 Gt between the surface ocean and the atmosphere;
* 40 to 50 Gt between the surface ocean and marine life.

But humanity has added artificial flows to it:

* About 6 Gt due to the combustion of fossil fuels;
* 1 Gt approximately due to deforestation and forest fires.
The methane produced naturally hydrates on contact with water. If the cycle of this methane is still poorly understood, it is estimated that there would be 10 Gt of gas hydrates, including 000 to 10% of real gas (methane, ethane, propane, butane).

This quantity is twice as large as all the oil, coal and gas reserves combined: the quantity of methane thus trapped is 3000 times greater than that which is in the atmosphere.

Finally if carbon was not stored at all in the earth there would be no fossil fuel at all !!
1/1000 is a minimum (current peat which stores carbon in Siberia having burned a little this hot summer in Russia) and what limits it is the continental drift which recycles everything that is in the earth on 300 to 400 million years !!
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 18/12/10, 19:25

aerialcastor should read and assimilate the basic scientific articles on photosynthesis, petroleum formation, the carbon cycle etc ... before getting anything out by heating up in front of a beamer which would have been very useful under his car !!

What is the relationship?
Anyway next...

The first elements thus produced, via the Calvin cycle, are sugars (glucose). This process is represented by the following equation:
6CO2 + 12H2O + light → C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6H2O.

This equation is also often encountered in the form of a simple matter balance, which masks the fact that the atoms of the oxygen produced only come from water:
6CO2 + 6H2O + light → C6H12O6 + 6O2

Yes, the Co2 is transformed into O2 by photosynthesis.

But nothing says that "for every living carbon atom there is an oxygen atom created"

It depends on the starting carbon stock and the speed with which photosynthesis transforms co2 into o2.
Then how do we differentiate between a living atom and a dead atom?

Finally if carbon was not stored at all in the earth there would be no fossil fuel at all !!

Of course

1/1000 is a minimum (current peat that stores carbon in Siberia having burned a little this hot summer in Russia) and what limits it is the continental drift which recycles everything that is in the earth on 300 to 400 million years

Ah well yes now I understand, 1/1000 it's obvious ...

Then as usual, you ignore the arguments that you don't like.
The increase in biomass due to the increase in CO2
Dissolution of CO2 in the oceans

The worst part is that I am not saying that you are wrong.
I'm just saying it's totally random, especially the 1/1000.
And that at this level we are not talking about an order of magnitude but a bistro discussion.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/12/10, 19:56

The 1/1000 is a milestone far below reality which is very poorly understood, very variable over time over 600 million years and the climate, continental drift, ocean cycles !!!

If I get tired we will get a lot more (peatlands, methane, petroleum and biotic methane and abiotic ) !!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A9or ... _abiotique
much more than a theory, because the Russians pump this abiotic oil and gas at great depth !!!!

Proof of this are the outer planets stuffed with methane in the solar system and it is very likely that it remains trapped in the extreme depths of the earth which emerges in methane and abiotic oil !!!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/12/10, 20:12

Even more disruptive !!
http://petrole-abiotique.blogspot.com/2 ... -pour.html

We will burn all our oxygen !!!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 19/12/10, 13:42

Grelinette wrote:Little question:
I just recovered 2 electric heating circulators (I will paste photos later).
To make a water circulation system in drinkers, is it better to use a small pump or a circulator?

I have a little trolling the basic subject with my "green greenland"! So I come back to the basic topic and to my question. I recovered these 2 heating circulators in working order:
I was thinking of using them to create a circulation of water with the water from the drinkers. Is it more suitable than a small pump?

The park for my horses is about 50 m from my house, my idea is to draw a pipe (25 or 32 mm plymouth) and place the circulator inside the house so that the water would heat up. 2 possibilities :

1) or I directly heat the water of the drinkers: a water intake at the bottom of the drinker and the water cascades back from the top.

2) either the plymouth passes to the bottom of the trough and it is the water which circulates in the plymouth (in closed circuit) which heats the water of the trough.

(possibly I was also thinking of connecting the plymouth to a metal pipe (galva or copper) which would pass through the flue from the outside because at the moment it is running 24 hours a day)

What do you think ?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/12/10, 14:36

At 50 m from the house, it is a little far and a "good" exchanger, the temperature of the water which you circulate will approach much the temperature of the ground. Without very good insulation of the inlet pipe, the temperature gain does not seem very significant to me.

If you circulate the water on site, you can arrange that a good part of the power of your pump ends up in calories in the water. For example if the pump protection enclosure is confined under the tank, without circulation of cooling air from the pump to the outside. A few tens or hundreds of watt is always taken. (Enough not to freeze ??? : Cry: : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/12/10, 14:43

Flytox wrote:If you circulate the water on site, you can arrange that a good part of the power of your pump ends up in calories in the water. For example if the pump protection enclosure is confined under the tank, without circulation of cooling air from the pump to the outside. A few tens or hundreds of watt is always taken. (Enough not to freeze ??? : Cry: : Mrgreen: )

+1
But I don't know if a heating circulator is a good idea for that. In principle they require a static pressure of 2 to 3 bars to pump properly. At atmospheric pressure very often it does not give much.
You have to try to see.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/12/10, 18:54

It should work, much better than nothing, function of T (for -18 ° C bury as much as possible and max of straw to isolate the drinker) and 50m of buried pipe and under straw a little long with max diameter (1m3 / h at least see the tables that I put elsewhere on econology of pressure drops and the characteristics of the circulator), solution 1 circulates the water better but risk of clogging with the dirt that falls in the drinker and therefore need to filter large area at the entrance not quite at the bottom !!
The ice is likely to form on the surface nevertheless except a lot of straw around !! !!

Useful pressure drop charts to be used with the characteristics of the circulator (at random less than 1 to 2 m of pressure drop at 1 m 3 / h):
https://www.econologie.com/forums/okofen-et- ... 11-70.html
http://www.enseignons.be/upload/seconda ... nement.pdf

In my opinion the circulator without large air bubbles will work with little pressure less than 0,1Bar.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 20/12/10, 17:06

Just a quick question that I understand:
it is said that to avoid freezing, let a small trickle of water run.

Is it the fact that there is a small stream of water (even in a closed circuit) which prevents the formation of gel,
or the fact that the flowing water is at a temperature higher than 0 (because it comes from a buried pipe)? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/12/10, 17:50

The two, 0 ° C + epsilon (not always small) of the buried pipe brings heat (epsilon) which prevents at least part of the water from freezing (a fine channel in blocks of ice at the limit which therefore avoid breaking everything by not having taken everything from a block).
It all depends on temperatures and heat flows !!
Even a trickle of water can freeze if cold enough long enough, see the frozen fountains or waterfall !!
Also putting lots of straw and earth to insulate is an additional security.
0 x