Photovoltaic in ecogîte: small question energy storage

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 09:58

Grelinette wrote:Well ... if I understand correctly, storing energy in the form of a water reserve is not that simple and so profitable! !)

According to the 1st estimates, no ... for low powers and energies (which is your case) I think it is not ... compared to the batteries ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/08/09, 12:02

Good, with your 4400 WC, you produce a good 25 KWhours / day in season (June, July, August, September)

I went to see on google maps (very good definition) you should put a reference: it is indeed impossible to resell electricity to the neighbors, there is none:

25 KWhour in season represents a capital of 480 euros / year (ladle) over the high season: June, July, August, September

Not enough to finance a hydroelectric power station with serious accumulation, if necessary an educational do-it-yourself

On the other hand, sufficient to supply:

Fridges (for 35 people, at least 5 KWh / day)
Dishwashing hot water: 5 to 10 KWh / day, using two 2-liter flasks (to be flexible): 150 X 2 euros + 400 euros inverter + installation
And since electricity costs us nothing when it's too hot: why not air conditioning?
Recharge an electric service vehicle (I suppose you have to go shopping regularly, especially in the land of the baguette)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 12:04

elephant wrote:I went to see on google maps (very good definition) you should put a mark: it is indeed impossible to resell electricity to the neighbors, there is none

Should we understand direct sales to neighbors? But you are crazy!!! It is completely prohibited by law! : Cheesy: : Evil:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/08/09, 12:28

Christophe wrote:
elephant wrote:I went to see on google maps (very good definition) you should put a mark: it is indeed impossible to resell electricity to the neighbors, there is none

Should we understand direct sales to neighbors? But you are crazy!!! It is completely prohibited by law! : Cheesy: : Evil:

No, I'm Belgian! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: . What prohibits you from renting your solar panels to him?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 12:31

Well, it must also be banned in Belgium : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Nothing prohibits renting the panels ...but you are not allowed to transport electricity from one property to another without going through the "official" network!

So the neighbor wanting to take advantage of the PV, should bring his washing machine to the property where the PV are placed ... : Cheesy:

It is a purely lobbyist law but on the other hand it is also guarantor quality and safety.
Last edited by Christophe the 24 / 08 / 09, 13: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/08/09, 13:21

Yeah, well, I don't care, we're off topic anyway.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 13:30

Yes and no for HS ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/08/09, 19:24

Christophe wrote:

what law ???

the laws are there to prohibit dangerous or immoral dishonesty

the rules of edf or other administration are not laws

I knew a small electrical factory which sold its electricity on a certain area around: people did not pay their bill to EDF: however this factory was connected to EDF and it bought or resold to EDF: it was a breach in the monopoly ...

now that liberalization is in fashion what was difficult 50 years ago should be easier today

for an excessively isolated site bringing an EDF line is expensive: but it is possible to experiment with other means of transporting power over a long distance at high voltage direct current

it is enough to agree with the neighbor big consumer of electricity nearest, and to exchange power according to the season: to buy electricity of the EDF when you need it, to resell the hold when you have too much

while waiting for this kind of interconnection, only one solution, increase the number of batteries

other note, the more the number of batteries increases the slower their charge and discharge therefore the longer it will last

we can almost say that if your current battery must last 10 years, if you put 2 times more it will last 20 years: after 20 the expense will be the same, but if you buy double immediately you have more stored energy right away: once again to save money you have to pay the price
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/08/09, 20:51

Chatelot said, with good reason:

for an excessively isolated site bringing an EDF line is expensive: but it is possible to experiment with other means of transporting power over a long distance at high voltage direct current

it is enough to agree with the neighbor big consumer of electricity nearest, and to exchange power according to the season: to buy electricity of the EDF when you need it, to resell the hold when you have too much

yes, but you have to see if the price of the line and transformers is depreciable: have you been to see on google maps? : it's a very, very, very quiet place :D
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/08/09, 23:43

I didn't go to see, I don't know where it is ...

I just think that I started to study for a client who had a house to supply a little far from his factory an economical energy transmission system ... it didn't happen ...

today in an airport I see that there are transformers at 1000v to power the navigation system, glide, localizer, too far away to be powered by 220v which looks very much like what I wanted to do

edf does not have a monopoly on high voltage: when it is necessary to transmit power between 2 points it is necessary to choose the optimum voltage, depending on the power and the distance, the solutions exist
0 x