Combustion of wood, pollution and fine particles

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 31/10/13, 15:44

yes I agree, it is necessary to propose particle filters for wood stove, and subsidize them by state aid, which must help in this sense. stove installers should address the issue;

they would also have to be sold to Leroy Merlin etc, I'm sure that this way the users would evolve ?!

I just say "it is possible" to develop this simple energy efficient cheap, now it sells full of "hydro" stoves that make hot water, it would have had to be forced if the state had forced a standard type "Euro thing" on wood appliances, in + they know how to do well at the moment the eco-tax; =)
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 31/10/13, 15:59

this principle seems simple:

"For the year 2009 (latest data from the SECTEN report of 2011), wood is responsible for:
- 21% of PM10 emissions (10% road transport).
- 33% of PM2,5 emissions (11% road transport).
- 59% of PM1 emissions (16% road transport).
- 62% of PAHs (25% road transport). "

it's stupid because it exists:

http://www.bioenergie-promotion.fr/1745 ... es-a-bois/

http://www.secuflamme.ch/filtres_a_particules.php

http://www.ruegg-cheminee.com/ww/bb/pub ... mikron.cfm

http://www.boisenergie.tv/tags/filtre%2 ... articules/

also for large boiler rooms:
http://www.heitzmann.ch/fr/filtre-particules/
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 31/10/13, 16:03

... we can imagine a built-in module that would make hot water by double-shell coil or € xt € rn € (at home I'm putting a coil at the outlet of the stove for hot water), so everything that can condense for heat recovery + particles = bistre, direction: to evacuations! the duct is + easy to access for sweeping, when you also clean the interior ... what happiness!

but why nobody offers it? ... it makes you want to look into it ...
good must know how to weld the sheet to the tig or mig, that me not know how ...

a cheap model without hot water receiver, and an advanced one that includes this option, it should be a hit if it stays at affordable prices.

I don't know but ... it's true that at low circulation I imagine this is where the particles are? this is where it burns out, so it retains the particles? well you have to analyze all that too;
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/10/13, 22:17

the cyclone only separates very large dust: no hope for particles

other problem: in hot smoke the particles are not yet particles but simply tar vapors or other chemical ... it is by cooling that it becomes particles of liquid or solid

the problem has been known for a century for the purification of lighting gas (gas plant) and gasifier gas

in the case of the gasifier, it is particles ruins the internal combustion engine which uses it ... the gas passge in a shower of water is not enough: it must pass through a filter in porous material (sawdust, or paper filter)

today there is one more filtering method: electrostatic filter, moreover we see in a schnell doc that he uses electrostatic filtering to purify the gas from a biomass gasification plant (gazogene)

an electrostatic filter is a good way of retaining all the particles at the end of a wood fire ... there have been some for a long time in coal-fired power plants and incineration plants, but which will cost money for that for small wood heating?

you must at least take the precaution of burning wood as dry as possible to burn cleanly, and this is sufficient

to do better you have to pass the wood through a gasifier, and a generator to do better than heat! in this case the gas purification system is not a burden like the purification of smoke, it is a way to better value the energy of the wood

cleaning gas from wood gasifier requires a much smaller filter than cleaning smoke
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/11/13, 22:10

there are fine particle filters, found that
we put this type of product on medium and high power pellet or wood chip boilers

HERE

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^