Solar panels, soon the standard for roof?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Soreo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Solar panels, soon the standard for roof?

by Soreo » 21/07/09, 17:43

Hello to all dear internet econologists;

I would like to know your point of view concerning the aesthetics of the solar panels (integrated), at the present time the Dom have an obligation to install solar water heaters during a new construction.

Do you think this could happen in metropolitan France with photovoltaics? (in order to move forward on the path to energy independence)

Solar energy has enormous advantages (non-polluting, feed-in tariff EDF, aid and CI), but in terms of aesthetics what do you think?

A set of solar modules (integrated) do they add "character" to the house or on the contrary make it ugly.

My point of view is necessarily not very objective (I work in the solar industry).

Thank you for your answers and see you soon on this great forum.

Soreoblog Soreo-energie.fr
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 21/07/09, 17:57

That's it !...

Let's discuss the philanthropy of aesthetics.

: roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/07/09, 17:58

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 18:50

It is certain that it is hoped that this type of installation will be closely monitored in historic centers and areas of landscape interest.

Already in France, you tend to push the construction integrated into the roof, but if it is to put horrible monocrystallines with white tedlar and aluminum edges! blah! (those with small diamonds)

On the other hand I think that 3 or 4 m³ of integrated thermal for the DHW remain very bearable for the gaze (I repeat, not on roofs visible in Rocamadour!) And of a much greater renewable energy interest thanks to their better energy ratio produced / investment.

And once again ......

1) you isolate
2) you change your boiler if necessary
3) and only when you are on top for that, you put PV
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 22/07/09, 15:23

Hello, good question to which I would answer ...

I hope not ! I hope they will never be the norm!

Let me explain, solar panels can be beautiful when they are correctly chosen and installed (by necessarily integrated into the building, but just well arranged).

Unfortunately today, those who install them are not necessarily there to put the aesthetics forward ... Yes, but you are not going to call on an architect or a designer to place some solar panels on a roof! :D

And if your technicians have a love of elegant work, the installations can be much more beautiful than that made by a bad designer ...

On the other hand, in a heritage area, you will be forced to obtain the opinion of the Architect of Buildings of France, and in this matter, even they evolve: it is not prohibited to replace a slate roof with panels photovoltaic and to obtain an almost identical appearance ... it is not excluded to put panels on tiled roofs when these are not visible from any very busy area ...

So there comes my answer: there is no standard to establish (law), just a desirable standard (common practice) which would like as often as possible, we insert well thought out panels ...

Especially since the standard (law) would target an obligation of means (putting solar panels) rather than an obligation of result (limit energy consumption ...). What elephant rightly recalls ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/07/09, 15:25

Seen by zapping this 13H a report on TF1 showing thefts of solar panels (PV) from farmers and individuals.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/07/09, 18:30

Depending on the region, PV panels integrate very well or very poorly.

For example, on red roofs, I find it very ugly.

On blue roofs, it is almost unnoticed, provided that you avoid white stripes (to be replaced by black).

From an energy point of view, a PV and solar thermal mix of a few tens of m² on all new houses should be the norm.

Knowing that we have recently been considering a single type of tile that would have the dual thermal + electrical function, but it's still very experimental: one day, it will work ... :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 19:01

Remundo wrote:Depending on the region, PV panels integrate very well or very poorly.

Well it's not worse than vacuum tubes ... or solar thermal planes if?

I say: long live the PVT ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/07/09, 19:12

Hi Christopher,

In general, all the panels are dark ... between navy blue and black. On clear roofs, swing the one that obtains a beautiful aesthetic effect : Cheesy:

Is thermal PV not bad, new?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 19:16

Uh nothing new on my side ... if we could get a quote for 1 m² installed, it would be good!
0 x