Solar panels, soon the standard for roof?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Soreo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Soreo » 27/07/09, 13:03

for the purchase of a photovoltaic installation (3kwp) it is necessary to count between 20000 and 24000 euros (excluding aid).

You subtract the tax credit (€ 8500 for families with children) and regional aid of up to € 3000.

An installation will therefore cost you roughly € 10000, with the contract over 20 years of electricity purchase (EDF) amortization is done in 7 or 9 years at most and after that is € 1500 of solar income per year net of tax.

See you soon.

soreoblogger

http://www.soreo-energie.fr
0 x
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 27/07/09, 13:11

It was already an idea that had seduced me but here I am even more.
Big thanks to you
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 27/07/09, 15:31

hello Soreo
can you answer a few questions that i ask myself about the super photovoltaic savings plan that you offer.

what is the warranty period for the system (especially the inverter)?
life of the inverter? (if broken goodbye good plan)
on what basis does insurance reimburse in the event of hail?
in the edf contract do i have a commitment to produce? if yes what happens in the event of a breakdown?
Can I change my electricity supplier or am I sentenced to 20 years?
when the price of kw of bass will increase (maybe 6 x over twenty years) will the price of kw produced follow proportionally? (I doubt !)
when edf will be completely privatized and change its name which guarantees (over 20 years) compliance with the contract?

my personal impression and that it's a good plan that can turn into a nightmare ...
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 27/07/09, 15:36

another question
if the contract was so simple why the papers are so complicated and the acceptance time is so long: from 1 to 2 years?
0 x
Soreo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Soreo » 27/07/09, 16:04

Hello Boubka,

The inverters have a warranty of 5 to 10 years (see 20 with extended warranty), see depending on the model used.

A good quality inverter has a lifespan of more than 10 years, after many things come into account and an estimate is therefore quite hard to make.

In addition, an inverter costs between 1000 and 1600 €, or less than the production of a year, so the good plan for solar energy is not called into question.

Regarding the reimbursement of insurance in the event of hail you should know that the solar panels are very well protected against hail (because they are tested with ice jets during the manufacturing process).
However, if a panel is damaged, part of the insurance considers this as real estate (integrated) and therefore reimburses it as such.
But each case is unique and the client can ask his insurer for more details.

The EDF contract does not commit the individual to produce, in the event of a breakdown, no problem on this side.

You can change your electricity supplier, you are a producer of green electricity by having solar panels and a user of the public network, the two are not linked.

Concerning the price of the produced kw being indexed on the inflation it does not cease going up nevertheless it is in no case related to the purchase price of the kw.

Solar income is real and allows you to earn money by preserving the planet, even if the price of electricity produced by EDF increases you will still earn money or in the event of a staggering increase would lose less.

From a legislative point of view, a 20-year contract lasts 20 years and that even if EDF changes its name and status I really doubt that a company so placed in the French economic landscape, decides to "play with fire".

Let us not forget that you can think what you want from EDF but that this company is respectable and is one of the most important firms in Europe.

Regarding the acceptance period of 1 or 2 years seems a bit exaggerated, many projects have emerged after less than 6 months of project and connection to the network took 2 to 4 months.

The procedures are certainly complicated but most serious companies guide you and allow you to find your way around quite easily.

Hoping to have changed your outlook on solar projects.

I wish you a radiant late afternoon

Soreoblogger

0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 27/07/09, 16:19

ok it defends itself.
It can be interesting.

thank you for such quick and detailed answers
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/07/09, 21:49

Soreo wrote:Hello Boubka,
[...] connecting to the network took 2 to 4 months [...]
So that, you will excuse me, but it is VERY far from being won every time ...

What I see around here is more than 6 months each time.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by manitou22 » 28/07/09, 00:50

Hello,
Starting from the aesthetics of solar panels to get to sing the praises of EDF,: it smacks of manipulation,
A+
0 x
Soreo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Soreo » 28/07/09, 10:53

Hello everybody

I do not sing the praises of EDF nevertheless it must nevertheless be admitted that it is a big company which holds a primordial place in the economy of the country.

Afterwards I do not deny the problems that can happen, but it's a bit easy to say that EDF has only bad sides.

Concerning the connection to the network I speak especially of what I know (North of Paris), after I agree that in certain cases the delay is more than 4 months but the solar boom seems to have been hard to manage and that especially in the South where demands are increasing.

In addition I do not work for EDF and it is true that on certain sites when the connection takes a little time it is annoying nevertheless in view of the many statements of EDF in the media it seems that they have become aware of the rise power of photovoltaic installations and that they will work to meet deadlines.

I wish you a beautiful and radiant day

Soreoblogger

Soreo: the sun at your service.

Last edited by Soreo the 28 / 07 / 09, 11: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/07/09, 11:06

Soreo said:

Regarding the reimbursement of insurance in the event of hail you should know that the solar panels are very well protected against hail (because they are tested with ice jets during the manufacturing process).
However, if a panel is damaged, part of the insurance considers this as real estate (integrated) and therefore reimburses it as such.
But each case is unique and the client can ask his insurer for more details.

Personally, I always advised (in writing on the invoice) the owner to contact his insurer because there is a significant change in risk: increase in the value of the building, increase in the lightning risk and the electric fire risk. In some cases the value of the building increases by 25%, the risk of non-coverage is therefore significant.

In Waloonie, if the file has been well managed, the connection can be made upon receipt by the approved body. On the other hand, you have to be in a hurry to get the premiums : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be