cellar humidity: Waterproof SikaLite, Rectavit or Aquaplan?

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Christophe

Re: Cellar humidity: SikaLite, Rectavit or Aquaplan water repellent?

by Christophe » 16/09/22, 09:46

Christophe wrote:I am trying to deal with rain penetration at our ventilated crawl space.

This makes 2 years I had a doubt (I had even already doing a subject here: Water repellent treatment of a ventilated crawl space? ) but I am now sure and certain that it is indeed external infiltration and not internal condensation.

How I so certain?

Only fools don't change their minds (and it only takes me 12 years to change their minds... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: ).

Several years after this water-repellent treatment, there was still moisture and even puddles under some walls (the coldest)...

A good part was due to...condensation (infiltrations do not prevent condensation...quite the contrary), so I did a major insulation project on the walls of this crawl space during the summer 2022: renovation-real-estate-work/wall-insulation-of-a-sanitary-space-with-panels-polyurethane-pur-pir-t17287.html
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cellar humidity: SikaLite, Rectavit or Aquaplan water repellent?

by Obamot » 16/09/22, 10:42

If you wanted to put a coating as a "finish" lime seems appropriate to me, it insulates (a little), drinks the residual humidity, allows the wall to breathe, and serves as a "buffer" of humidity which modulates the delta temperature effects, but I'm sure you've thought about that.

I put it in case others would like to document.
0 x