Need advice on pellet stoves, urgent please

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sylv
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Need advice on pellet stoves, urgent please

by sylv » 30/03/09, 20:39

Hello everyone

urgent because generally we are baited with reductions valid for a short time and in these difficult times a reduction is always good to take : Lol:

in January 2008 we installed an MCZ pellet stove with an external suction cup (which at the end looked more like a satellite antenna) which worked (hardly between the error codes) 3 months then one day the error code could never be repaired and from there the stove generated a boost (and yet new house) so after practically 1 year hassle our installer partially reimbursed us : Evil:

Obviously we no longer want to work with him and since we have passed 3 companies to fill the hole we have in our living room with a new device

but ALL contradict each other and the prices are variable we no longer know who to trust

the first 2 work with the EDILKAMIN brand while surfing the net and especially on your forum I read that it is a good brand and that of tonight with the brand ARCE

there is a price difference of course 3500 euro for EDILKAMIN and 6000 euro for ARCE
and 6000 euro for a stove financially it is not possible we are told that we can re-benefit from the tax credit (while the taxes tell us about refunds and allocations of a new credit) :?
so ????

but where or tonight I have more than enough is that the first 2 we talked about simple casing or simple wall and that of ARCE we COMPLETELY advised against because we have children and that it is very risky they can stay stuck by the burnt effect so they advise us in double walls

I have more than enough seller with contradictory information and if it was so simple we would plug everything we would talk more

so if you have any advice i'm interested

a nice hello pear cuckoo : Cheesy:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 30/03/09, 21:29

the information is not necessarily contradictory between the sellers.
if I understand. it is the smoke evacuation duct.
in one case it is a simple 'stove pipe' (single wall.)
so indeed when the stove is operating, this pipe is hot (in the 70 or 80 ° C) maximum but it is not the only areas of the stove which are hot and potentially dangerous for children. the front window and some areas of the stove itself are largely as hot.
in the other case, the pipe is "insulated" in double wall so it is less hot.
so what??
is the hose located in an area particularly accessible for young children?

as said above, the rest of the stove is also a danger.

there are generations of kids who once touched the kitchen stove "to see"

so for me this is a false problem.

on the other hand I strongly advise you to demand to see (and especially to hear) a stove in operation (in show room or at a customer) because noise is the major drawback of some pellet stoves and it is never said in the song.

Personally, I have an edilkamin model IRIS in the countryside and it is very good and very silent once I have adjusted the parameters correctly.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/09, 22:16

Little silly question: you have not considered going wooden logs? here are some models of wood stoves logs

1 year warranty for stuff of this price is not normal ... it's even anything!

I know it's too late to say it but the guarantee is something that NEGOTIATES!

I think this comparison could help you: comparison of Pellet Stoves by the UFC

ps: and fuck the tax credits !!!
0 x
sylv
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sylv » 30/03/09, 23:04

Thank you for your answers
dirk pitt:

I have a little touch to everything and I do not want to take this risk compared to hot tubing even if it is enough once for him to understand
I also know (compared to my mcz) that the glass can be hot but in my memories it was acceptable
I actually saw an edilkamin in operation and the stove seems to me silent

christophe:
in the configuration of our house a log stove is not possible or else I accept a conduit which passes in the middle of our bedroom wall
thanks for the link i will study it
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/09, 23:32

Uh, what is a duct that goes through "the middle of a wall"? :?:
0 x
sylv
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sylv » 30/03/09, 23:34

on the main wall where there is the headboard there will be a chimney flue instead of a bedside table

there, you know everything : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/03/09, 00:00

Ben is that really bad? This would heat up the room a little ... unless it is already warm enough : Oops: : Oops:

(sorry it's your friend (apparently) LN who got us used to talking like that : Cheesy: )
0 x
sylv
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sylv » 31/03/09, 07:49

yes it is the warmest room and the heating is practically cut off because otherwise it is too hot
on the other hand that of the children (garage below) is particularly very cold but good if I install the pole and the duct is in the children's room the stove will be located in the garage :?

the configuration is really bad :|

LN I recognize you well there (above all don't change :D
0 x
Chartrousin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chartrousin » 31/03/09, 09:35

Hello Sylv,

There are many reasons for the price differences between stoves, in bulk:
- materials used (steel, ceramic, stone, in particular certain stones worked by hand, ...)
- aesthetics (rotating hearth, ...)
- power, efficiency, inertia
- the margins of the reseller / installer, sometimes artificially increased by the tax credit effect ...

Most of the time, beyond 3500/4000 €, it is the aesthetics and the materials that play the most, in any case, the most expensive is not necessarily the best, far from it. At the economic level (purchase and operation), provided of course accepting the constraint of reloading, a log stove is the best solution, the advantage of the pellet being above all the comfort in use and settings. But actually, if it requires passing the tubing in the room that you do not want to heat, it is not ideal ...

The double wall conduit is not essential in my opinion, but it is sure that if the children are a little too touched with everything, it is an additional protection ...

You may have already thought about it, but if the children's room is so cold, it would certainly be interesting to isolate it at ground level. It looks accessible (garage), so it shouldn't be too expensive?
0 x
"It is of no use to man to gain the Moon if he happens to lose the Earth."
[Mauriac]
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/03/09, 09:43

Toutafé Chartrousin! +1

Put more than 4000 € in a stove especially if it is pellet (very expensive to use and you will never burn anything else in it, not even newspaper!) And without hot water it's really bullshit !!

Look at the comparison of the UFC the pellet model of Invicta is the cheapest of the comparison and the one in 2nd position. So in this area, dear does not mean good !!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/tests-et-e ... t7285.html
0 x