Infrared remote control socket for TV, Hi-Fi ...

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Infrared remote control socket for TV, Hi-Fi ...

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 16:12

TV Stand By Killer or the watch killer! Not to be confused with the killer (or even the tutor) of old eh !! Image : Mrgreen:

This is a Brennenstuhl innovation: taking off

https://www.econologie.com/shop/prise-a ... p-411.html

The price is a bit high but it is an innovative product and (very) good quality and it looks very robust (German design). I hope it will drop a bit in the future (not easy in the current context). It is guaranteed for 2 years like all the products in the shop.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 28/11/08, 18:17

My TV is connected to a power strip, which I cut every night.
On this multi-socket are the HIFI chain, the bobonne headset, the mobile phone, etc ...
If I understood correctly, I just need to press a button on my TV remote control to cut my power strip?
ya?
And how do we know which button on the remote control to press?
Am not a pro of these things? :?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 18:23

Yes, that's it, you plug your power strip (or your in series: just do not exceed 3500W or 16A) on this remote-controlled socket and you program it.

You configure it with the button on the remote control you want (if you want it to turn off and on at the same time as the TV, configure with the ON or OFF button), the only condition is to have an infrared remote control (99.999% of TV and hihi channels).

Funny, I just thought that this product could be used in parental control or anti-brainwashing by configuring the OFF on the "ONE" button on your remote control !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
peps007
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by peps007 » 31/12/08, 12:12

Hello,

In relation to this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/multiprise-coupe-veille-automatique-t3307.html is this standby cut better than the "master / slave" sockets?

In the announcement of the remotely controlled sleep timer, it is marked 30 W max!
Under what condition is the remote-controlled socket on standby?

is it ecolonologic?

please
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/12/08, 12:30

I also asked myself the question. I believe the answer is as follows: 30W max is the limit of the sum of standby consumption on the outlet. Beyond this, the device considers that it is no longer from sleep and does not switch off automatically.

30W it seems little but it is sufficient for most uses (TV + magneto + game console ...)
0 x
peps007
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by peps007 » 01/01/09, 17:57

first of all "Happy New Year"

Indeed, I would like to compare the "Tv standby killer" and a standard "master / slave" standby switch.

Okay for the 30 W max of the "tv standby killer", this must be the trigger threshold.

Now, do you have any measurements (with the wattmeter) which show that the "tv standby killer" is better in "cut" than a "master / slave"?

That is to say that it consumes less than a "master / slave".

please
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/01/09, 18:07

A master slave is comfort but very little energy saving.

The stand by killer has its own consumption of 0.25W (not verified) a master slave must be at least 5W.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 01/01/09, 18:44

If it is a remote control to cut a multi takes, frankly it is not ecological at all.
just move your buttocks a little and maneuver the inter of the power strip.
We save components and batteries for the earth, therefore also energy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/01/09, 18:48

Well yes and no Phil because it's the same remote control as your TV or HiFi system or whatever you plug the device into ...

But it is sure that a switch multiple socket is more ecological!
0 x
peps007
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by peps007 » 09/01/09, 12:04

Voila, always the same thing about these old cuts.
We always get caught in the teeth: "you just need to move your buttocks a little and maneuver the switch between the multiple sockets".

I notice that, like most people who have a multi-socket with inter, it never cuts it.

So, I am looking for standby cutting systems that have the most optimum "user benefit" / "power consumption" / "cost" ratio.

here is a list: from less good to better => power on standby
* Leave systems on standby => 20W-30W
* Master / slave => 5W
* Analogue socket programmer => ???
* Digital socket programmer => ???
* Socket controllable by remote control => 0,25W
* Multi-socket with button type switch with LED => ???
* Multi-sockets with "mouse" type switch => 0W

I offer this analysis:
- for so-called "PC" stations:
you need a sleep timer that turns off the PC + device assembly when the PC has finished shutting down, especially with windows, the shutdown is long.
=> master / slave

- for ADSL Boxes:
a standby cut is necessary according to the presence of a person in the house (for the telephone)
=> socket programmer or remote-controlled socket or switch at the entrance to the apartment

- for TV stations:
you have to be able to turn off the station when you're on the couch.
=> remote-controlled socket or multiple socket with "mouse" type switch

- for HIFI stations:
as we load CDs wherever we physically change the radio most of the time.
=> power strip inter

do not hesitate to contradict me and give the information that is lacking in terms of power.

please
0 x