Infrared remote control socket for TV, Hi-Fi ...

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/09, 14:56

It depends on what you have on your power strip if it is a magneto, dvd player in short stuff related to TV: it's interesting ...
0 x
lost breton
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lost breton » 28/01/09, 15:02

it's true it depends on what you have on it!
I just wanted to highlight an example.

Otherwise, for recent TVs I ask myself the question of the real gain of this device! I am looking for a bit and we quickly find consumption in standby announcement around 0,5 W and even 0,2 W.
After that is what is announced what is the reality I do not know.
but if it is real this kind of product arrives a little late.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/09, 15:10

Yes I agree but it depends on what you call recent ... because all remote control TVs (therefore who are 25 to 30 years old) have energyvore watches ...

The best is in all cases the multi-switch socket of this kind:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/multipri ... -p-60.html
0 x
lost breton
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lost breton » 28/01/09, 15:13

uh I have a hard time capturing! for me a recent TV necessarily has a remote control.

as much as I put a link as an example.

http://www.sony.fr/product/t32-z-series ... alFeatures
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 28/01/09, 15:35

tbpub wrote:Except that usually the multiple sockets are not accessible (behind a piece of furniture for example). I can't see myself with 2 or 3 multiple sockets (and n sockets that leave it) and seeing them next to my furniture, just to be able to turn them off.
The "sleep killer" solutions may not be the panacea in terms of consumption, but 5w instead of 30w in each living room, it begins to reduce consumption.
Bonne journée.
+1
It's quite a hassle to explore under the PC cabinet to turn off the power strip ...

Christophe, you remind me of a physics teacher who wrote regularly to the TV channels so that their weather presenters stop announcing winds of 60 km : Mrgreen: (It is true that it is not easy to pass the km by hour)

I like the killer standby device in principle, it is true that it is quickly amortized compared to a direct connection. The economy compared to a switch multi-socket (which we think of switching off from time to time) is more questionable, it depends on the user.
With my parents for example I think the gain would be significant ... (I arrive late at night finding the TV in standby, the DVD on ON, even the VCR on ON too ... : Evil: Your head is definitely hard)

But it is not only the TVs and the HiFi which have watches: I read in a science & life that they had found a consumption of 18W on an off coffee maker !!! (fancy espresso maker I guess) And of course the ovens etc which have a built-in clock.
The simplest DIY to avoid sleep, without using bulky and ugly multi-outlet molds, is to put a switch on the power cord.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/01/09, 18:33

Olivier22 wrote:But it is not only the TVs and the HiFi which have watches: I read in a science & life that they had found a consumption of 18W on an off coffee maker !!! (fancy espresso maker I guess) And of course the ovens etc which have a built-in clock.
The simplest DIY to avoid sleep, without using bulky and ugly multi-outlet molds, is to put a switch on the power cord.

That's the problem. When there is data in the records (fortunately, more and more often), are they verified?

Then there are the clocks. If you cut, you have to reprogram each time (so I stop my VCR but I don't cut its power supply).

But clocks are not to be confused with watches (a priori, more greedy if I am to believe what I have read on "old-fashioned" TVs, which consumes more in 2 hours of standby than in 4 viewing hours) ...

And we forget all the transformers that there are in a house and which "leak" ...! Have you counted the number of transformers in a house ??? When will there be unified voltage, with a single transformer unit in the electrical box and standardized outlets in the house ??? No doubt it never interests anyone! It annoys me !!!
0 x
dem1980
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dem1980 » 29/07/09, 11:18

I find this device on paper really extra.
Maybe a little expensive but if it allows what I want, why not.

For the history of parental control by hiding the remote control, I do not think that it can work, because the button placed on the socket is indicated as being a manual switch. So even without the remote control, you can turn it on / off.

By cons I wanted to use it as a remote control but with a huge advantage, that of being able to place the sensor where you want! Which is impossible (to my knowledge) with all the usual systems where the sensor is placed in the socket, therefore often behind a piece of furniture ...

If I understand correctly, the remote control gives the signal to the socket that it must go to standby if and only if all the devices are switched off (or in standby, consuming less than 30W in total) within one minute?
So if by bad luck we total more than 30W with the devices in standby (or with for example a lamp that we have not extinguished but that we would also like to extinguish with this command), at the end of the minute of the countdown, the plug will not turn off devices (for good) ??

Thank you in advance !
0 x
Great site on tourism and entertainment near you: http://www.tourisme-animation.fr/
rodymary
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rodymary » 17/10/09, 12:44

dem1980 wrote:..... So if by bad luck we total more than 30W with the devices in standby (or with for example a lamp that we have not extinguished but that we would also like to extinguish with this command), at the end of the minute of counting, the plug will not turn off the devices (for good) ??

Hello,
That's exactly it, and that's exactly what happens to me.
I just received this box, I plug it into my socket on which my TV + TNT + DVD + HIFI set is plugged in ... and nothing, nada, the box does not cut the power, because I ..... 34w in standby .....
I was wondering if it would not be possible to increase this limit from 30w, to 40 or 50w ...?
Notice to electronics engineers, is it feasible?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 17/10/09, 19:55

Rodymary wrote:Hello,
That's exactly it, and that's exactly what happens to me.
I just received this box, I plug it into my socket on which my TV + TNT + DVD + HIFI set is plugged in ... and nothing, nada, the box does not cut the power, because I ..... 34w in standby .....
I was wondering if it would not be possible to increase this limit from 30w, to 40 or 50w ...?
Notice to electronics engineers, is it feasible?

Welcome rodymary to Econology!

It is certainly possible but without having the schematics it will be very difficult to help you.

If you have a photo of the interior it could help too, otherwise you can always buy a second one.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain