Comparative pellet stoves or wood pellets

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Comparative pellet stoves or wood pellets

by Christophe » 28/10/08, 00:34

Here is a comparative table of some wood pellet stoves available on the French market: Cadel Valéry, Calimax Sandor, Calimax Twist 80 20, Ecoteck Elena Airplus, Ecoteck Genova, Invicta Sofia, Marcus, Palazzetti EcoFire Gaja, Piroux Hélios , Rika Premio, Rika Rio, Sicalor Monet Lamiera, Smartfire Triface, Thermos Armonia, Wanders CM6020, Wanders CM6220 and Wanders insert Ecotherm

This table comes from the file of our Natural Habitat Partner who has just published a complete dossier on wood energy in his last number.

Here is the summary of this issue: http://www.habitatnaturel.fr/hn2/show.php?num=22

Some remarks or rather astonishment:

- I do not understand the absence of this comparison of EdilKamin stoves, however famous?
- (Very) high prices compared to log and mass stoves ! Is the gain in autonomy and, the apparent gain in comfort (recharging every 24 hours instead of 2 to 3 times a day ...) worth this additional cost? Not sure, especially that the pellets are more expensive than the logs ...
- A pellet stove can only burn pellets.
- Noise is not indicated in this comparison!
- In the case of a hydro model (with domestic hot water and / or heating) it can be an interesting investment but only if it is coupled to solar panels for the summer (no interest to run a pellet stove in your living room in summer!)

I think a pellet stove should be installed / negotiated with the acquisition of a pellet boiler for central heating.

Comparison of pellet boilers

other wood heater reviews
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 28/10/08, 09:50

like you, I'm amazed at the absence of Edilkamin. I have one in the countryside that works well. (after having re-set the parameters: yes I know, I can't help it : Lol: )

also agree to the noise. this is an important HYPER parameter and never announced despite HUGE differences between the models. some tangential turbines are very quiet while for some stoves the fans are noisy; which is annoying at night. in some cases too, it is the apron of the pellet stove which is noisy.
For the price, I also find that it is expensive but it must be admitted that there is more stuff (therefore labor) than on a log stove.

for hydro stoves, I doubt that the main use of hydro is for DHW but to heat one or two additional radiators. I don't think there are any who have an input for a DHW temperature sensor but I could be wrong. I'm not even sure that the hydro models have a three-way valve. in my opinion, they just have a circulator.
some models have a hot air outlet that can be coupled to a ventilation duct. it is simple and interesting to heat a room next to or above.
0 x
Click my signature
tofcervelo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tofcervelo » 05/11/08, 16:34

Hello

what the article says about the valery cadet stove. I made a quote to an installer for a pellet stove and he offers me this stove?

I would like to know what they say about it.

please

christophe
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/08, 16:46

Well, not much more than what is in this table.

How much do you have in your quote?
0 x
tofcervelo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tofcervelo » 05/11/08, 16:49

I negotiated it at 3700 euros delivered installed and with 50 bags of pellets offered.

does that seem correct to you?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/08, 17:01

Ben it is given at 3190 HT price end 2007 in the table .... So it all depends on whether you pay VAT at 5.5% or 19.6% in your case.

50 bag (1 pallet I suppose?) At 4 € the bag doesn't represent much as a "commercial gesture" ...

In all cases and in general: I find the prices of pellet stoves really expensive! Whether it is for installation and use ... we are far from cheap energy wood!

Please note I am not against pellet boilers ... but the stoves seem to me to be really overcharged!

Haven't you thought of a log stove? Because the autonomy and the gain in maintenance of a pellet stove are not so miraculous as that ... and in a pellet stove you only burn ... pellets! Even old newspapers not possible ...

https://www.econologie.com/forums/comparatif ... t6390.html

Did the seller tell you about the permanent (blowing) NOISE of the pellet stove?
0 x
tofcervelo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tofcervelo » 05/11/08, 17:14

the VAT is 5,5 because it is the seller who installs it for me

the price is inclusive of VAT and it is for the complete installation with the supply of black enamelled pipe on a 3 meter high diameter 80 and other accessories.

I go on a model with pellets for its simplicity of use (1n only filling per day) and its programming.

we are both working so we need something that can be started automatically just before going home so that it is hot in the house difficult to feed when we are away.

I am currently equipped with inverter oil heaters but I would like something similar in use but without the pollution

I also hesitated with the air / air heat pump but the problem is that it costs a lot more, the tax credit is less attractive and below -15 ° it does not work anymore.

I know it is not often that we have -15 ° but I still live in the north on the Belgian border.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/08, 17:22

Ok in this case your price is correct, but really nothing more ... and the 200 € of pellets are finally included in the price of the offer ...

In terms of comfort, you know you have log burning stoves ... but it is sure that you do not have the same regulation as with a pellet stove ... Now you have to know how to store the wood (it still takes up more space than pellets with equivalent energy).

For 1 to 2000 € more you could have a stove-boiler (for hot water) with pellets. Have you thought about it? As apparently you have no central heating, I deduce that you have an electric balloon?
0 x
tofcervelo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tofcervelo » 05/11/08, 17:32

yes but the problem is that my balloon will not work in the summer.

and my budget is limited

moreover at the place where the stove will be installed, it is far from the water pipe.

christophe
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/08, 17:33

Well, summer will be electricity ... or a small solar system!

Do you have a supplier of BULK pellets near you?
Because in a 15 kg bag it comes down to the price of fuel oil ...
0 x