Mosquitoes and water recovered in ferry

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Jumpy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Mosquitoes and water recovered in ferry

by Jumpy » 15/07/08, 20:57

Hi,

I collect 2 x 500 l rainwater for garden use, clean exterior etc. like many people for less than a year

I notice the presence of mosquito larvae and I hesitate about the best approach to eliminate them

- roasting on the pipe / tank junction but they can pass through the pipe itself and go up once hatched / down to lay eggs / larvae

- insecticide, no.

- a natural anti larva (no frog in my tanks please) I was thinking of a grass or something like that

- another idea?

Thank you
J.
0 x
Stop co2 - Timber frame house BBC
- Pompe à chaleur carefree operation since 2010
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/07/08, 21:04

: Arrow: No idea on the question, but thank you for this post which concerns more and more people ... :?
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 15/07/08, 21:09

the only ecolo solution to put larvae of dragonflies is very important and pretty in a garden and super efficient : Mrgreen:
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/07/08, 21:50

There is also the goldfish option.
It does not cost much, it resists the winter and it eats of
mosquito larvae.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 15/07/08, 22:34

Yes, just a goldfish.
As the Thai put small fish named guppy
:D
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/07/08, 22:42

Bonjour à tous

The goldfish is a great idea.
Aside from the winters, it also has the water turtle solution. It tackles anything that moves and benefits in a tank of less than 1 m3. My little turtle "Sophie" had doubled in size in 6 or 8 months, so much more was the diet .... : Mrgreen: it's better than the dried flies they are usually given.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
diablotruc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by diablotruc » 15/07/08, 22:53

Hi,

I have long experienced the same problem with water recovery. Even commercial salvagers, provided for this purpose, have lids not very waterproof that leave the pesky mosquitoes.

One day I tried to filter the water from my recovery barrels. I was really surprised by the amount of mosquito larvae in about 50 liters of water.

As I hate these animals, because they manage to ruin nights of sleep ..., I find a solution for my water recuperators.

I retrieve some old white curtains in which I cut the sizes necessary for the various collecting containers. Then I kindly asked my wife to sew me roughly elastics to hold them in place (The fabric of some curtains is quite resistant because it takes a few years).
This protection also coarsely filters the water (leaves, pieces of foam ...)

I made several that I distributed to my friends and family.

Here, my conscience is a little relieved and the mosquitoes still voracious ...

By cons, I do not know any green solution to eliminate the larvae. Sorry
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 16/07/08, 08:52

for larvae, a solution well known in tropical countries, also used for the drinking water tank that is often on the roofs (no it does not taste ...): with a few drops of kerosene: it's ok spread the surface of the water and prevent the breathing of the larvae ... But we must renew regularly because it evaporates ... almost zero pollution ...
0 x
yanyan26
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yanyan26 » 16/07/08, 09:43

Hello,

You can also put a layer of polystyrene beads that stay on the surface will prevent mosquitoes from laying

Gaf has the water does not overflow otherwise goodbye the bibs : Mrgreen:
0 x
http://yanyan.26.free.fr/

Nature is a balance parfait.Si you know look good, it will reveal to you can be his secret.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 16/07/08, 09:50

Chatham wrote:for the larva ... a few drops of kerosene: it will spread on the surface of the water and prevent the breathing of the larvae ... But we must renew regularly because it evaporates ... almost zero pollution .. .

Replace oil with salad oil?
0 x